collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Equestria Girls Dolls Pictures  (Read 39004 times)

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Equestria Girls Dolls Pictures
« Reply #495 on: August 09, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
The Crystal Castle was $19.99 at Tj Maxx! I kept the box, I can take a picture of the sticker.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 09, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »
Omg- Luna is SO CUTE

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2013, 06:31:47 AM »
So, what are the dolls that are out now? 

If you look in the Coming Soon thread under EQG you will see all the girls which are currently available.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2013, 08:14:08 AM »
So, the only ones that have knees and elbow joints are the deluxe. Interesting.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
I saw the doll + pony packs of Celestia and Twilight for the first time at target yesterday...and I like the pony figures in those much more than I thought I would  :yikes: I didn't realize how large they were from the pictures somehow and they are actually quite pretty in person.

fushiapink

« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2013, 09:08:46 AM »
I bought 2 deluxe dolls for my daughter (ok for me cause shes 2.. ) and they are quite disapointing, the joints dont hold they bend everywitch way when you hold them and stick out at werid angles, and the clothes are cheap, you can see their bottoms, the wings dont stay in place... they are cute in the box but thats it ...  :sad:

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 12, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »
muahahaha i got my hubby to watch the movie and told him i kinda wanted a set of the dolls, (hint hint) showed him pictures (hint hint) and now he says he needs to build me another shelf for them lol. i feel like a 5 year old bouncing around singing "i get to get the dolls, i get to get the dolls, i get to get the dolls" ( Fluttershy "yay" )

Offline JessicaAFM

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ponies
« Reply #502 on: August 12, 2013, 12:47:13 PM »
Here's my Applejack. I love her.  :inlove:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Applejack EG by JessicaAFM2, on Flickr

*Note* She is standing straight, I just had my camera held at a slight angle. I love that no doll stand is needed. She has pretty good balance :)
~Jessica~ My Ponies

Thanks to sd_dreamcrystal for my adoptable.

Alzatia

« Reply #503 on: August 12, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »
Somebody discovered something the dolls and the pony brushables have in common:

Spoiler

:whoa: :scared:
They have the same type of necks.

Well..I did simply buy these for hilarity's sake.

Have Celestia.

Spoiler

Hilarity (or trauma, which ever you prefer) aisde.

I find these dolls highly disappointing.  Little resemblance to the actual characters. Barely no articulation. (Though for whatever reason the Sunset Shimmer from the two-pack has elbow joints..) All of them use the exact same mould. Even Celestia who is supposed to be much older. And there's also their lazily done outfits.

Only value I can find in them is some small dose of comedic value..

Cupcakebunny

« Reply #504 on: August 14, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
I bought Pinkie Pie! I'm not even sure if they released a deluxe version of her to the stores yet, either way, mine didn't have any so she is the standard kind. I still love her! She looks so peppy  :happy:

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #505 on: August 14, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »
Alzatia, you are hilarious. :lol: I really want the Celestia doll now just to do that.

... And to have the sweet Celestia pony figure that comes with it.

I keep wanting to like these dolls, but I just can't seem to warm up to them for reasons that a few folks have mentioned. Same molds for each one, apparent disregard for the source material (I, too, believe that the makers of these toys never even saw any of the Equestria Girls art), peg feet and lack of articulation for most dolls in the series. Their price point is also super ambitious for what they are.

Apparently, they've been fairly popular in my town. The shelves sure seem to get picked over quickly!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 15, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
After much dithering,I finally decided to purchase a basic Equestria Girls Rarity!

Here she is,when she was still in her box.

Once she was out of the box,I got the chance to inspect her properly. I was amazed that her hair was so neat and shiny! I have seen some people say the hair in the EG dolls is the same as what is used for the ponies,but I don't think that is true. I think her outfit is really cute,although I would have preferred a slightly longer skirt and a top that is not painted on. I find the plastic used on these dolls very cheap. when comparing with own if my old Bratz dolls,I wasn't impressed with the large decrease in quality. Her legs feel pretty hollow to me and it feels like her arms will pop off with the slightest movement. One thing that I found weird was that Rarity has no knees! I know she is a basic doll,therefore she is not articulated,however she has elbows so I don't know why she doesn't have knees. Very weird.

Here is a close up on her face. I have to admit that I don't think her face has much likeness to Rarity,although I do think she has a cute little face. I especially like the purple glitter eye shadow. Her cutie mark looks ok on her face too,I thought it may look a little odd so was pleased to be proved wrong! I did find that the glasses included did not fit on her face properly. I was not planning on Rarity wearing them anyhow but it just renders the glasses useless.

Finally,here she is with her usual pony self. Like I stated in the previous paragraph,I don't think her face holds much of a likeness to Rarity,you can definitely recognise that it is her (although I think that's just due to the colours!)

My overall verdict? I think the dolls are ok,but quite low quality other than the hair,which I actually think is an improvement. If you are thinking of buying these just for the sake of them being ponies (well,kind of ;)) I wouldn't bother. I don't recommend you buy these dolls for younger children either unless they are gentle with their toys as I think they will end up without a limb or two very quickly!
(I got a little carried away...sorry :blush:)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:57:08 PM by CupcakeLoverXx »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 15, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »

Once she was out of the box,I got the chance to inspect her properly. I was amazed that her hair was so neat and shiny! I have seen some people say the hair in the EG dolls is the same as what is used for the ponies,but I don't think that is true. I think her outfit is really cute,although I would have preferred a slightly longer skirt and a top that is not painted on. I find the plastic used on these dolls very cheap. when comparing with own if my old Bratz dolls,I wasn't impressed with the large decrease in quality. Her legs feel pretty hollow to me and it feels like her arms will pop off with the slightest movement. One thing that I found weird was that Rarity has no knees! I know she is a basic doll,therefore she is not articulated,however she has elbows so I don't know why she doesn't have knees. Very weird.

It is the same hair used for MLPs  :huh: otherwise it would melt if heat from a flat iron/curling iron applied to it.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »
Oof, not for me. I feel like the day I saw the first G2  :huh: Still interesting to see what other people are into though! Cheers for the photos! Keeping up-to-date just reminds me I'm old fashioned :bubble:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Razena

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 15, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
I have the standard Pinkie Pie and the deluxe jointed Fluttershy.  I greatly prefer the jointed doll.  Fluttershy has been standing on my desk for several days now without falling over and I haven't had any problems with her joints being loose.

I hope they come out with deluxe versions of all the dolls.  I don't know of this has been found before, but it does look like there will be a deluxe Rarity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCtkEeRnsE   :newpony:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal