collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pitch bibles for all shows?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Pitch bibles for all shows?
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows if it's easy to get ahold of the pitch bibles, or whatever they're called, for each series.  Basically it's the planning for the show, what they were thinking of putting in to the show, and the like.

Thanks for any help.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
Re: Pitch bibles for all shows?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
This would be an interesting read! Giving you a bump!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:02:01 PM »
They do exist for G1's shows... only a few collectors have them, as they are very very very collectible and hard to find.  :)  G2 didn't have a show, G3 wasn't really "high quality" so most collectors didn't care.  G4... well, I'm sure they will trickle out eventually unless they are destroyed as part of official paperwork that Hasbro has shredded to protect their brand/confidential info.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 03:17:51 PM »
I think I only know of 2 in collector's hands to be honest and the last one on ebay was well into the $300 figure I think. To be honest I am surprised it did not go higher it was certainly worth more in my opinion.

You may have more luck with G3 but to be honest these things tend to have to be returned to the studio/company after shows complete and would often have been destroyed. This is going to make tracking them down very hard.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Tirac

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
UGH. I WISH I had a G1 one.
Naturally, since pitch bibles were most likely only used by select members of the staff, they're probably one of a kind and really rare.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
Yeah, I had a feeling this wouldn't be easy.  Thanks for the replies so far though. :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 01:55:09 AM »
I would expect the pitch bible in PDF form to leak onto the internet eveentually, normally companies just email their pitch bibles around to clients, edit: well for G4 XD
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:58:00 AM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 04:43:54 AM »
I can believe that of licensing packs, Lyra. LPs always end up getting leaked over time. But show bibles are a different thing - they really only should ever be accessible by show staff and sometimes a limited number of them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
Lauren Faust mentioned the pitch bible for FiM in a recent Q&A, stating, unsurprisingly, that she'd love to share it but it belongs to Hasbro so it really isn't hers to share. Too bad.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
I can believe that of licensing packs, Lyra. LPs always end up getting leaked over time. But show bibles are a different thing - they really only should ever be accessible by show staff and sometimes a limited number of them.

Hathorcat, I am quite sure I was not talking about liscencing packs. I was talking about pitch bibles. I was not refering to studios that produce pitch bibles for animated series as something that I am outside of - but part of.
Studios often share pitch bibles with people beyond their own staff, for example other companies providing services and funding, sometimes printed sometimes as files.
FiM is not new anymore and because it has such a largley 'enthusiastic' fanbase on the internet my personal opinion was that it was 'probably going to leak eventually' which could be next week or in 80 years etc  and is just speculation
EDIT: I made my post a lot shorter
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:33:08 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »
I've seen press kits with information from pitch bibles, but some show bibles are pretty lengthy, with over 50 pages.

There are actually two versions of show bibles - pitch bibles, and the other kind that are expanded on as the series goes on. Like they have terminology, character sketches, catch phrases, etc. That is given to freelancer writers/writers for hire on shows, etc. It might also be given to people who write books for the show (tie-ins).

They're going to be very expensive if you manage to track one down.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Tirac

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »
Would someone who has a G1 pitch bible even be able to convert it to PDF?
G4 you could get in serious trouble, but does Hasbro still keep the muzzle on G1 stuff like that?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »
Would someone who has a G1 pitch bible even be able to convert it to PDF?
G4 you could get in serious trouble, but does Hasbro still keep the muzzle on G1 stuff like that?

G1 they don't care, no, but if you were the person who spent that kind of money on an OOAK collectible, would YOU upload it to the internet?   Kind of makes it not OOAK after that.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 11:33:21 AM »
There's a He-Man one someone has shared online.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »
Lauren Faust mentioned the pitch bible for FiM in a recent Q&A, stating, unsurprisingly, that she'd love to share it but it belongs to Hasbro so it really isn't hers to share. Too bad.
That sounds about right.  It's a shame that the wrong people seem to be in control of things like that.  :sad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal