collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pitch bibles for all shows?  (Read 1281 times)

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pitch bibles for all shows?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 01:00:36 PM »
Would someone who has a G1 pitch bible even be able to convert it to PDF?
G4 you could get in serious trouble, but does Hasbro still keep the muzzle on G1 stuff like that?

G1 they don't care, no, but if you were the person who spent that kind of money on an OOAK collectible, would YOU upload it to the internet?   Kind of makes it not OOAK after that.
Oh, that is true I guess.
I suppose it's got everything to do with how you shared it and whether or not you'd prefer to 1: have something a secret that no one else has or 2. Make a lot of people happy.
I would personally share it, but in such a way that people would know I've done it. Ex: not make it into a PDF and put it onto my own personal website instead.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »
I can believe that of licensing packs, Lyra. LPs always end up getting leaked over time. But show bibles are a different thing - they really only should ever be accessible by show staff and sometimes a limited number of them.

Hathorcat, I am quite sure I was not talking about liscencing packs. I was talking about pitch bibles. I was not refering to studios that produce pitch bibles for animated series as something that I am outside of - but part of.
Studios often share pitch bibles with people beyond their own staff, for example other companies providing services and funding, sometimes printed sometimes as files.
FiM is not new anymore and because it has such a largley 'enthusiastic' fanbase on the internet my personal opinion was that it was 'probably going to leak eventually' which could be next week or in 80 years etc  and is just speculation
EDIT: I made my post a lot shorter

:) Yes, that's a great point - depending on the show and the studio, it could very well be important for the studio to share a bible with those outside. But its never shared with the intention of it getting to a wider audience or a general market. As you say perhaps one day it will leak, perhaps it wont. Or perhaps with this super intense fan base ninja bronies will track it down one day. :P But unlike licencing packs which tend to often fall into the wrong hands, pitch bibles are much more closely protected, don't you think?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 10:22:09 PM »
Is a pitch bible in the same lines as a writer's guide? This post has confused me...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »
Lauren Faust mentioned the pitch bible for FiM in a recent Q&A, stating, unsurprisingly, that she'd love to share it but it belongs to Hasbro so it really isn't hers to share. Too bad.

I saw that too! :D too bad for sure..... at least some artwork original artwork is in the elements of harmony book, right? I wish G4 could have sea ponies and Firefly as RD's mom would be epic!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal