collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GRAIL GRAIL GRAIL!!! and questions!? (pic heavy)  (Read 4050 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
GRAIL GRAIL GRAIL!!! and questions!? (pic heavy)
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:35 PM »
I finally managed to get my grail Nightlight!!!

Look at her! She isn't in the best condition but she looks amazing imo! I am so happy to have her in my spacebutt collection!

This pony was definitely a challenge to get ahold of but the wait has definitely paid off! Her only flaws that I notice are a few pen marks and eye rub (which can be fixable) her symbols look fantastic!
When I got her, her hair was awfully dry, dull, and smelly. So decided to give her a spa day!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So here come my questions...
When opening her up her glue was already detached so I assume someone opened her previously, but I wasnt expecting this?

Like.... What is going on here? On the left is a tangled rat nest of hair that was hidden in her body and right was her tail poking through her butt. Plus I've never seen this type of washer before and when inquiring other collectors they said her washer was odd and isn't right. Also a bit worried that she doesn't have the correct tail.

I decided to tackle this crazy tangle and used a lot of conditioner! About 30 minutes in I finally managed to get it and smooth it out, then set it out to dry. The results surprised me

Her hair is now super shiny and silky! She definitely has brightened up and much better looking in comparison from her arrival!

Questions
1.) Has anyone seen this type of washer with a burlap string before? (I know little to nothing about regional ponies)
2.) Does her tail look like its hers?
3.) Can you sunfade a dark blue pony?

Thanks for reading this far and hope you enjoyed!

[stickied 27/4/19 - kiwimlp :) ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:51:16 PM by kiwimlp »

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: GRAIL GRAIL GRAIL!!! and questions!? (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 01:21:25 AM »
Congrats on your score, and nice job tidying up the tail!

...I can't help but giggle at "spacebutt collection" :silly: :biggrin: :lol:
should be perma-moderated

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 01:41:12 AM »
I have definitely seen this washer/burlap thing on a pony before, though I cannot remember exactly with which pony. It might have been one of the original 6 CPs, or in a Peachy.

Have also had a hidden tail experience with a Baby Cuddles, and I actually just posted about it on IG the other day! I had a thread about it here, too: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,375814.msg1495790.html#msg1495790

Great job you did on her and especially on the tail! She looks gorgeous  :heart:
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 05:29:07 AM »
Ive seen the burlap string/metal clamper situation on all my Italians (peachy,twilight,ect)

congrats on getting your grail btw :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 05:44:16 AM »
    What a wonderful find! I’m not sure on the tail, but I would say it’s probably what kingluke said.
     I’ve been looking for a term to describe my ever growing space themed pony collection. “Spacebutts” sounds like a good name.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:35 AM »
:newpony: She's gorgeous! Major congrats!

The colors and actual hair type and quality look right for her, so it's most likely her tail.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 07:47:22 AM »
Congratulations! She is a stunning pony, who cleaned up wonderfully and I'm super jelly! I'm glad that you got the mystery of the tail clamp solved and I giggled a little at the Majora's Mask Link comparison.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 08:02:23 AM »
I have definitely seen this washer/burlap thing on a pony before, though I cannot remember exactly with which pony. It might have been one of the original 6 CPs, or in a Peachy.

Have also had a hidden tail experience with a Baby Cuddles, and I actually just posted about it on IG the other day! I had a thread about it here, too: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,375814.msg1495790.html#msg1495790

Great job you did on her and especially on the tail! She looks gorgeous  :heart:
That's exactly what mine looked like, I wish I took a picture while it was still inside her body. I wonder why this happens to some ponies. Also wonderful restoration of Baby Cuddles' tail!

Post Merge: April 24, 2019, 08:06:14 AM

What a wonderful find! I’m not sure on the tail, but I would say it’s probably what kingluke said.
     I’ve been looking for a term to describe my ever growing space themed pony collection. “Spacebutts” sounds like a good name.
Haha glad I could help out XD

Post Merge: April 24, 2019, 08:07:45 AM

Congratulations! She is a stunning pony, who cleaned up wonderfully and I'm super jelly! I'm glad that you got the mystery of the tail clamp solved and I giggled a little at the Majora's Mask Link comparison.
Oh my goodness that was completely unintentional XD
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:07:45 AM by Pikashoes »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 08:08:19 AM »

OT but is that an octopus wallpaper?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 08:10:02 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 08:09:40 AM »
OT but is that an octopus wallpaper?
No, it's a canvas. Though it does look like wallpaper XP

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
Wow, she's amazing. Well done on the restoration! I've never personally sunfaded or even owned Nachtlight so I can't really advise you, plus I know she can be prone to pony cancer so I wouldn't risk doing anything that might encourage plastic breakdown. If you're really keen you could maybe try sunfading her for just a day or two on the side with the pen marks, some kinds of biro ink fade really quickly. However,  I'd try a bit of baby oil first to see if that helps. Personally I'd leave her as-is now I think she's great.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 03:03:54 PM »
One question on the tail arises from kingluke's comment about Italians...I don't have either my NL or any relevant Italian ponies here to do a colour compare on, but how different is NL's tail to an Italian rainbow with second set hair colours? I know their colours are not the same but the tails are a melee of shades so I wonder whether an italian tail could be switched in for a NL one on a tailless pony, especially given her probably country of origin. It might also explain the scrunched up tail if whoever did it couldn't get it in properly. It's hard to tell from the photo but that looks like pink fibre in the tail, which NL doesn't have..? NL isn't made in Italy so shouldn't have an Italian style tail, which is why I wondered...

...But this is just a hypothesis, and please don't panic that I raised it. Either way your pony looks great now you've done work on her hair :) so even if she has had a tail transplant, it doesn't detract any from her appearance and blends in just fine. And I may be totally off base because I can't see the actual pony and am working from photos (both in the case of yours and my own which is now 4 hours away ><)

I also would be wary of sunfading her since blue is a temperamental colour anyway...and definitely don't use any chemicals since we know she's very susceptible to bad, bad damage with those for no benefit.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
One question on the tail arises from kingluke's comment about Italians...I don't have either my NL or any relevant Italian ponies here to do a colour compare on, but how different is NL's tail to an Italian rainbow with second set hair colours? I know their colours are not the same but the tails are a melee of shades so I wonder whether an italian tail could be switched in for a NL one on a tailless pony, especially given her probably country of origin. It might also explain the scrunched up tail if whoever did it couldn't get it in properly. It's hard to tell from the photo but that looks like pink fibre in the tail, which NL doesn't have..? NL isn't made in Italy so shouldn't have an Italian style tail, which is why I wondered...

...But this is just a hypothesis, and please don't panic that I raised it. Either way your pony looks great now you've done work on her hair :) so even if she has had a tail transplant, it doesn't detract any from her appearance and blends in just fine. And I may be totally off base because I can't see the actual pony and am working from photos (both in the case of yours and my own which is now 4 hours away ><)

I also would be wary of sunfading her since blue is a temperamental colour anyway...and definitely don't use any chemicals since we know she's very susceptible to bad, bad damage with those for no benefit.

I can definitely take more pictures later if you like I would like to solve her mystery tail. Even if it's not hers I'm still happy to have her :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 05:28:47 PM »
I think what would be useful to you as well if you want to explore this further is if someone can do photo comparisons of NL's tail and a 2nd set Italian tail together to see how similar they are. Also if you can tell whether the fibres in the tail of your pony includes pink - bearing in mind 2nd set Rainbows also have coral.

Unfortunately the photo I have of my pony is not helpful in determining anything :/ Could use having the real thing in front of me to really be helpful...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Errant_Harpy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 10:15:42 PM »
Oh wow, she is vibrant and beautiful!  Who else do you have in your spacebutt collection?!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal