collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antro Ponies... For Real?  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Antro Ponies... For Real?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »
Red Kitsune: The pics of the Anthro Mane 6 and Trixie are being thrown all over the web, no one has yet to fine a creditable source for them
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »
Tulip: The magazine isn't a good source? 0_x; Are you saying they faked the magazine too?

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
Tulip: The magazine isn't a good source? 0_x; Are you saying they faked the magazine too?

It wouldn't be the first time a credible source got misinformation.  It happens all the time with things far more important than ponies. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

RedKitsune

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 08:29:51 AM »

It wouldn't be the first time a credible source got misinformation.  It happens all the time with things far more important than ponies. 

It just seems strange there are so many conflicting sources. It seems like something is going on, at least to me.

Offline Tulip

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »
No no, I mean, the picture of the anthro girls was not in the magazine. It's most likely a fan creation.
Googling it leads back to a Japanese site picture thread. Not very credible!

*slight edit for content- bfb*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:26:38 PM by butterflybuttons »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
*raises eyebrow*  Not being a doll fancier at all, that's one spin-off I won't be touching with a ten-foot pole.  (No offense to those who are ^.^; I've never liked human dolls much is all.)

However, I am curious about the legitimacy of the image.  The designs are strangely like paper dolls, very flat, almost the same pose over and over, and look like they were just character models cut and pasted onto a FiM background.  You'd think if the team behind a new cartoon was providing a teaser image, they'd show something a little more... dynamic than that? *shrugs*

Mind you, it does tie in with something that I'd read about an Equestria Girls patent filed by Hasbro... aha, back here in December: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318010.msg558236.html#msg558236

Either way, I'll grab me some popcorn and settle in to watch the hullaballoo. :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

RedKitsune

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »
Tulip, so you believe there will be humans, but the pictures currently out are fake? Well, they look like nicely made fakes to me, especially the Trixie picture. We will just have to wait and see.

Sugar: If the image is real, it wasn't meant to be a promo image or anything. It wasn't meant to be seen at all, it was just concept art for the artists working on the series, if anything.

Offline Tulip

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:14 AM »
I'm hoping there won't be any humans, which is probably why I'm trying to find out how much of this is true. But I've seen things do a 180 before, so fingers crossed for keeping ponies, ponies!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:32 AM »
I don't think I'll be buying those human dolls since I collect PONIES and those are NOT!

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

RedKitsune

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 09:01:11 AM »
Tulip, I'd prefer there be no humans ether : / Still, I'm also not totally against the series. But considering the magazine is out, it's my gut feeling this is not nothing, but who knows.

RareWishes

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
Assuming the Mane6 anthro-ponies are real, I think the Trixie anthro-pony is fake.  The area around her hair is awfully pixel-y, like someone pasted that hair in and then tried to clean it up.  Not to mention that the Trixie on the left, without her hat and cape, has slightly darker pixel-y outlines in her hair in some places (especially where her hair curls into a tip).  It looks good, but not quite professional.  I could just be seeing things, though.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »
The images floating around look to me like they were made in a dollmaker program.
Also, why is the Trixie so large when the others are so tiny?  Curious.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 09:43:18 AM »
Assuming the Mane6 anthro-ponies are real, I think the Trixie anthro-pony is fake.  The area around her hair is awfully pixel-y, like someone pasted that hair in and then tried to clean it up.  Not to mention that the Trixie on the left, without her hat and cape, has slightly darker pixel-y outlines in her hair in some places (especially where her hair curls into a tip).  It looks good, but not quite professional.  I could just be seeing things, though.
That was actually my exact thoughts on Trixie too.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »
*eats popcorn* This is what I missed about being active in pokemon fandom, the amount of blatant lies that would crop up.

EDIT: To further elaborate, I have seen some verrrry nice fake magazine pages in pokemon fandom. Including ones that were even in Japanese.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:59:32 AM by Rosencrantz »
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 10:41:12 AM »
If true, my only word is "ewwwww".

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal