collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antro Ponies... For Real?  (Read 6736 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Antro Ponies... For Real?
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
In the last Unicorn, the Uni got turned into a human to escape the Red Bull....Apparently the red bull is running rampant in Ponyville and the ponies have to escape...
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »
Oh geeze, I hope not.  If that happens, I won't watch it.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »

Lol this! I havent been able to suss out why they seem to be getting called anthro all over the internet. They are clearly supposed to be human - or as only time will tell "dolls".

I'm guessing because it's still referring something non-human being humanized. We normally use the term when it's a bit of a blend between human and non-human, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be legitimate to use it with something that's almost 100% humanized. (Not completely 100% because the skin colors aren't naturally found on humans).

But I'm guessing it's just semantics and for me, it's not a hill worth dying on. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »
In the last Unicorn, the Uni got turned into a human to escape the Red Bull....Apparently the red bull is running rampant in Ponyville and the ponies have to escape...

:lmao:

:worshippy:

I LOVE YOU!!!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
Wereponies!  They turn back into ponies under a full moon.  It just wouldn't be any fun if they were human all the time.    :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »

:lmao:

:worshippy:

I LOVE YOU!!!

Yay!! ;) Glad someone got that I was making a joke :)

Still, it'd be funny to see how each pony  handles the Red Bull.

Pinkie Pie would try to make friends with it.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »
The only concern I have about this anthro show is that if it becomes more popular than FiM then perhaps one day it could infact replace ponies completely, including the toys :( Yes it may be a spin off along side FiM now but who knows how big a fan base this show could generate.

This is one of my worries, too. :[ I agree with those who said Hasbro could have just made up new characters or revived another old show/toyline.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Dragonsummoner

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Of the people, for the people!
    • View Profile
    • Flickr pictures
« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »
I think it's a cute idea! Bring on the pony dollies! I'll even buy a couple extra to customize into Megan and Molly. I totally would buy a humanized Spike boy doll! He'd be so cute!
I will watch both shows. I think it would be totally neat if both shows did a crossover episode where the humanized ponies fell into a dimensional rift that landed them in Equestria and they met their four-legged counterparts. The possibilities could be soooooo adorable!

Sig by Sourdoughstomper and Blackestbird. Thank you!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2013, 11:58:18 PM »

Lol this! I havent been able to suss out why they seem to be getting called anthro all over the internet. They are clearly supposed to be human - or as only time will tell "dolls".

I'm guessing because it's still referring something non-human being humanized. We normally use the term when it's a bit of a blend between human and non-human, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be legitimate to use it with something that's almost 100% humanized. (Not completely 100% because the skin colors aren't naturally found on humans).

But I'm guessing it's just semantics and for me, it's not a hill worth dying on. :P

Rootwise, it works! Anthro simply means human or humanoid! And an anthropomorphic personification is something like Death (either the walking skeleton, or the human-appearing goth girl from the Sandman comics). Or a wonderful series of drawings I saw recently on Deviant Art of a bunch of different types of food represented as people. Ramen had some amazing hair.

So while furries have taken the word to mean one specific thing, it actually works quite well for this purpose!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

Rootwise, it works! Anthro simply means human or humanoid! And an anthropomorphic personification is something like Death (either the walking skeleton, or the human-appearing goth girl from the Sandman comics). Or a wonderful series of drawings I saw recently on Deviant Art of a bunch of different types of food represented as people. Ramen had some amazing hair.

So while furries have taken the word to mean one specific thing, it actually works quite well for this purpose!

Hmmm...great point! :) I guess I am too mind set on the most common use of "anthro" and think of it a humanised animal rather than something which was an animal and has been made into something completely human.

Can I just call them "girls"? :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
I am so excited for this! I hope they make beautiful dolls.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
I'm totally not interested in these humanised pony characters (don't like dolls, never have) but GIVE MEH THESE MONSTER HORSES OF WHICH YOU SPEAK!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal