collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31164 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »
O man why does America get all the cool exclusive merch AGAIN. I wanted Photo Finish so badly but the US keeps it again for themself. I feel like Europe is being ignored REALLY hard.

You can have all this stuff most of us don't want all of it. Well take new ponies, the EQG can come to netherland or  better yet they can go to neverlands in my opinion. lol

A bit rude, don't you think? I get you're upset but I think every pony fan has a right to ponies, not just Americans.
I have never ever seen talking Nigthmare Moon in German stores. Never ever seen the favorites pack. I had to buy Rainbow Flash, Minty and Wysteria for the same prices (and maybe more because of shipping fees) as you.

I get lots of Americans are upset that there were Euro brushies, but please think how often us non-Americans have to import things. I have lost a lot of money because things got lost in the mail or simply because the shipping fees were so goddamn high.

Pointing at Europeans and going "but you had three exclusives once" won't change the fact all of us will have to pay more for brushies XD

No I didn't mean it as rude at all? Maybe it sounded that way? I was just being sarcastic due to my disappointment in the fair. Anyways back on topic were not suppose to argue like hathorcat said.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »
Yeah...and the way they pushed Maxie in the US and Sindy over here through the 80s and 90s was nuts. It was a desperate attempt to steal Barbies throne and they sucked at it. As you say, sometimes there is no harm in sticking to what you are good at. Unfortunately the success of FiM seems to have given Hasbro the idea they can conquer the world and unfortunately they want to do that with dollies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »
Hasbro is honestly trying to complete with Lego as well now, since Lego is now #1 toy company, Mattel is #2.  Not surprising they are expanding like this...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »
at least the show is still getting new episodes at all. And the network treats it like it's it's only show on sometimes. :/ I don't understand complaining about this. It's fine to dislike the equestria girls but you've said it so much already in here...
Ya, I agree..we get it you all don't like EQG, but there's no need to post it one every thread dealing with them mentioning you hate them :/ it comes off on others as annoying  >_<

I don't find it annoying at all. I agree with the people who dislike EQGs

Snix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2014, 02:57:57 PM »
Here on spain we only arrived to had Rainbow flash as an european exclusive. No the pack with Ms Cake, not the pack with Twilight alicorn normal (the most beautiful one for me). Also not, of course, all of the TRU exclusives that we had to buy with overprized shipping costs. And i don´t talk about lot of plushies an other mercha things. Worse, TRU are restricting lately a lot the international shipping of the MLP products ``condemning´´ only to go to ebay to find some things. Even they are capting some of the Funko figures as an exclusives only for the american market.

The americans, as others said, don´t know the luck that they have in this.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:02:45 PM by Snix »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2014, 03:01:13 PM »
ok my 2014 Toy Shopping list:

1. Holly Dash Brushable Pony
2. Photo Finish Brushable Pony
3. All MLP POP sets , but for sure the Rarity and Luna set
4. Octavia Brushable Pony

that's my year!! :) just hope they aren't too hard to find.
(maybe I should consider getting doubles for european collectors!)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
:looking at all the toy fair goodies:

Well its going to be a good year. Every thing looks great.. tho some of it is confusing.... the translucent ponies are DEFINATELY on my MUST BUY list
and the talking sized chrysalis.. shes just beautiful!!
Poor Karl.. yet another castle he has to shell out for next christmas XD ( my boss has given me the play sets for the last two years)
I'm not sure what I think about the pop together ponies or the "Kiss" Ponies.
have to see when they come out.
I already have the flutters with cloth wings. so over all looks good!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2014, 03:20:33 PM »
Hasbro is honestly trying to complete with Lego as well now, since Lego is now #1 toy company, Mattel is #2.  Not surprising they are expanding like this...
Is that what that MLP PoP stuff is supposed to be about?  :huh:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2014, 03:29:40 PM »
I think they are trying to compete with the idea of a building playset, but not as much as say, Megablocks.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2014, 03:35:16 PM »

Nooo, look up "KRE-O". That's Hasbro's answer to LEGO.
The POP stuff is just their answer to toys like Cutie Pops.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »
Wishlist:

Snow-globe Luna
Brushable Octavia and Photo Finish (nieces getting the dolls for Christmas probably)
Holly Dash (she may have to go to the hospital for whatever sickness she has)
Chutes and Ladders game
Rarity/Luna POP set
Maybe the boy ponies backpack to tell Hasbro that WE WANT MORE BOYS.

The rest:?
So, their new lines of ponies every year consist of letting kids with markers get a hold of the mane six and drawing on them??? "DOTS??!! Genius!!" "Sharpie'd  "Gothic" symbols?!!?? GENIUS!!" We should start a betting pool for guessing what they are going to do to the ponies next. Now if they had made the mane 6 ACTUALLY look Gothic, that could have been cool. But nooOOOOooo. (SO MAD AT TRU! I was so looking forward to what they were going to put in their faves set. Not anymore.)

Silver lining: they may come out with things later in the year that weren't in the fair. Remember the Minty set? It was a fun surprise to see them release Minty as a g4 brushable.

I don't collect EQG but I'm not mad at them for releasing them. I think it must be so exciting for the people who do love them and I know little girls who love them too. I AM mad that they have forgotten the ponies. Can't we have BOTH??? 

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »
Let's see...when all's said and done, my buylist:
-Accurate rainbow power ponies!!!
-2 Holly Dash, one to keep pristine and one to take the dots off of
-All the breezies I can buy (for baits as well as collection)
-Probably a couple snowglobe ponies
-Possibly that Octavia doll+pony
-We'll see how the new character dolls look in box, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that I'll want them
-ALL the minis and blind bags, because let's be realistic, it's me

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
That other pony site (ED) has an interesting article from the Wall Street Journal that talks about Hasbro's most recent marketing choices. It will be an interesting (and possibly frustrating) read for everyone who wants ponies from the MLP brand. Seems to explain the emphasis on dolls in the toy fair.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
For the ease of not having to google, here's the article (pictures of the print article because WSJ apparently has a paywall):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Hb0EqHtmOKI/UwDrE7XQq_I/AAAAAAAAw1E/3htf4Sa3qkE/s1600/20140216_111928.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xrCnnjGXdjg/UwDrHkD73mI/AAAAAAAAw1M/c3krBnKWvpE/s1600/20140216_112018.jpg

I would go to a My Little Pony Parlor, not even gonna lie.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
I'm not making a 'to buy list' right now because some of this stuff will not be out till the fall XD I think all the spring stuff is what I don't want really.

And Hasbro can keep it's dumb Doll and Pony packs :poke: Only way you are going to get me to buy those packs is if someone wants to buy the doll from me xD

But what I'm even more sad about too is still the lack of boy ponies in brushables :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal