collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:24:24 PM »
Ok.. so over yonder is this post
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,353115.new.html#new

So it got me wondering.. does anyone out there have any strange pony stories??
Do you ponies ever move?
Do they stare at you?
Do your acessories strangely vanish?
"Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?" - Egon spengler
(me=movie nerd)
If you have any strange, spooky or weird instances with your ponies share! I'd love to hear your tales!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
You beat me to this topic. :) I was planning to make one, but I was waiting a little to see more reactions to the idea in that other topic.

I don't have anything supremely creepy, but what got me thinking about such a topic in the first place is that I have one Pony (Merriweather) that just doesn't feel right. I've tried to think it's just my imagination, that maybe it's my disappointment over her not arriving in as good of condition as I thought she was going to, but there was another Pony even worse off than her and I don't feel that way about that Pony or any other I have in the same situation; it's an uneasy feeling confined solely to Merriweather. And that makes me think maybe there really is something to it.

Thankfully, she doesn't knock Sherbet off the shelf or anything else that would show without a doubt that something is wrong, but that weird feeling is more than enough to keep me from doing much of anything with her. I feel bad, too, because I had really wanted that Pony. But no amount of convincing myself can make me feel that there's nothing amiss with her.

Offline Roseprincess1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »
Maybe shes got bad energy from the person who owned her before.. ?
I know its a lil weird and new ageish but they do say energy collects in stuff.. thats what ghosts really are.. imprinted energy.. and people that can see them are the ones that can pic up on that stuff.. theres a lot of evidence on this kinda thing.
i can give you some good links if you like?
Maybe you could do some sage smudging around her and get rid of the bad energy?
My strangest story is that sometimes my ponies, and my other toys move.
I dont know if its daddy going up there and moving them < which is kinda unlikely hes got a bad back and cant climb stairs> or something else.
I know my mom and my grams did like my collections to.. sometimes i wonder if its them.
I do have one doll that everyone but me says is kinda creepy. I had one of my wiccain buddies look at her and she said shes fine.
daddy got her for me for my bday last  year...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think its cus shes so old.. Shes from the 60's, shes based off the hans christian anderson tale the little match girl.
I hope you can get merriweather to be have.. she sounds like a nice pony. just a lil moody. (yah im anthromorphazising toys Go fig)

Scooterbec122

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:36:00 PM »
I have the big sing and dance pinkie pie and on more than one occasion I have been home alone in a different room from her when she starts talking. Scary when you are alone and not expecting to hear a voice!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
I know its a lil weird and new ageish but they do say energy collects in stuff.. thats what ghosts really are.. imprinted energy.. and people that can see them are the ones that can pic up on that stuff.. theres a lot of evidence on this kinda thing.
I dont know if its daddy going up there and moving them < which is kinda unlikely hes got a bad back and cant climb stairs> or something else.
I know my mom and my grams did like my collections to.. sometimes i wonder if its them.
I do have one doll that everyone but me says is kinda creepy. I had one of my wiccain buddies look at her and she said shes fine.

I think its cus shes so old.. Shes from the 60's, shes based off the hans christian anderson tale the little match girl.
I hope you can get merriweather to be have.. she sounds like a nice pony. just a lil moody. (yah im anthromorphazising toys Go fig)

Yeah, I was thinking it could be bad energy, either from a living or a dead person. I don't know if I believe the idea that all ghosts are just energy, but it does seem like there's some that might be, like the ones that repeat the same actions over and over with no variation and don't interact with the living.

Thanks for the tips! :)

That is freaky that your Ponies move.

That doll looks more sad than creepy, to me. If she's based on The Little Match Girl, it's no wonder. That's pretty awesome that she's that old and still in the box!

I have the big sing and dance pinkie pie and on more than one occasion I have been home alone in a different room from her when she starts talking. Scary when you are alone and not expecting to hear a voice!

Wow, freaky. I wonder if it's something the battery is doing or if she really could be haunted. (Or that a ghost is playing with her.)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »
I don't believe in ghosts or anything, but there's this I guess.

When I was a kid I for some reason had my sister sleep in my room one night, I guess I was scared or something, or she was scared. She's just a year and a half younger than I am. I was probably like 11, so she was like 10. I woke up to her saying my name in the middle of the night. She was sitting up in bed and she wasn't looking at me, she was looking near the door where my big pony shelf was. She said my name again, "Jen, what are you doing over there?" She was speaking to nothing. Scared, I said her name and said, "I'm right here." She gasped and snapped her head my way and when she looked back to where she was looking before, whoever she saw looked at her and was gone.

When I asked her about it more, she said the girl looked just like me, only she was wearing an old style dress, and she was on the floor kneeling, staring at my ponies. Well, I've always been told I look identical to my late aunt by the whole family. And the shelf I had my ponies on was the shelf my aunt used to have her cat collection on, we had just moved it to my room and put my things on it a while earlier.

My sister insists to this day she wasn't dreaming. I dunno, kind of an interesting story I guess. :P

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 06:25:40 PM »
I have this little resin doll with antique eyes. I'm talking old, the things were bought as antiques in the 70's. For some reason, whenever I try to sit my doll atop G1 Minty, she tips over. The last time I tried she fell straight off the shelf.

I have since concluded that Minty is a strong, beautiful, independent green pony who don't need no (possibly haunted) doll as her master.

Offline Roseprincess1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking it could be bad energy, either from a living or a dead person. I don't know if I believe the idea that all ghosts are just energy, but it does seem like there's some that might be, like the ones that repeat the same actions over and over with no variation and don't interact with the living.

Thanks for the tips! :)

That is freaky that your Ponies move.

That doll looks more sad than creepy, to me. If she's based on The Little Match Girl, it's no wonder. That's pretty awesome that she's that old and still in the box!

Wow, freaky. I wonder if it's something the battery is doing or if she really could be haunted. (Or that a ghost is playing with her.)

OH WOW!! I hope that is just the battery cus that would be kinda spoooky.. cool that you have that pinke tho!

and yah i dont really believe that about ghosts being energy either.. but i was trying to not step on anyones toes here.
I saw my grams one time when i went  into meijers to shop... She was standing down by the toys .. or someone that looked a lot like her.. and walked into the section.. i rand down there to see and she was gone..then suddenly boom.. the pony i was looking for fell off the shelf above me.. I would never have seen her other wise.
never seen mom since she passed but like i said ive found them moved.. and some of her rings have showed up in REALLY odd places.
I KNOW that there was something CREEPY in the hosptial where she was before she passed.. that place was SPOOOOKY.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:44:02 PM »
I am... feeling a bit creepied out after reading through these, haha :lol: Which I LOVE - I love feeling creeped out, and I don't know... if I believe in ghosts really or not, I haven't had enough experiences that make me feel one way or the other BUT... I find it really neat to read about.

The only pony I have who has a mind of her own is a BB custom made for me by TexasGal. She even warned me BEFORE I mentioned anything to her, that she was "known for jumping off the shelves", and that she does, randomly, I will hear it fall in a room where the door is shut, windows are shut, no animals around, etc... not so much haunted as... "free spirited" :lol:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 06:57:57 PM »
I don't have any stories of my own, but I totally want a haunted pony now!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
I've been waiting for this topic!  *stalks*

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
All beddy bye eye ponies are creepy.

My house is haunted to begin with so its hard to tell if any ponies are haunted on their own or are just being moved around by the resident ghosts. Small things go missing daily in our house. They eventually re-appear, sometimes exactly where you looked for them a dozen times and sometimes in strange, random places. Ponies go missing as well and re-appear later.

My daughter has a collection of talking dolls/toys/ponies that start talking randomly when no one is near them.

The shelf that my special ponies are on loses ponies constantly. Blind bag ponies "walk" off the shelf all the time, sometimes on a daily basis. Blind bag glitter pinkie pie is the worst, but she doesnt stand very well on her own and always takes her neighbors down with her.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:57 PM »
Not really a ghost story, but I used to keep my G3 ponies in the basement on a table and in the mornings I would ponies on the floor upstairs. Turns out one of my cats taking ponies to play with...or was he?
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »
I had a friend spend the night and in the middle she bolt upright awake and said something like "your dolls are alive!" Then she fell back asleep.   I had a bunch of porcelain dolls on my dresser. It really creeped me out. My friend was known to talk in her sleep and I was a very light sleeper with an active imagination who found it hard to fall asleep without being told things were alive.  The combination was bad.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
Not really a pony story but one of my other collections...

I have a bookshelf near the end of my bed that i keep my small Iron Man figures on top of, most of them sitting along the edge with their legs hanging down.
One night my dog and I are startled awake by dozens of these figures all suddenly tumbling off the shelf and down into the large gap between it and the bed. I get up, turn the light on, and start investigating. I can't see anything that had fallen from above that may have hit them, I couldn't have reached to kick them off in my sleep, and my dog isn't guilty because he was sleeping right beside me. I even remember giving the shelf a shake when I first posed them all to test how steady they were and nothing fell off.

So I started gathering them all up when I spot a baby burrowing cockroach making a hasty getaway across the floor, it's only about 1.5cm long but they're strong little buggers! I could only conclude that the cockroach had knocked everything off my shelf... but I'm still sceptical, because seriously?! :huh:

Another spooky story: my bed seemingly moves on its own across the hardwood floor. It's a heavy metal frame that can't be shoved about easily, and yet randomly I find that it has moved up to a foot without anyone deliberately moving it. It either moves closer to the bookshelf at the foot, or the desk with the fishtank at the head. The only thing I can think of is the vibrations from the washing machine in the next room, but since it doesn't even knock any ponies off my shelves I doubt it. But I can't think of any other explanation!

And of course, the humidity down here automatically makes even sticking something on your wall a potential middle of the night fright! :lol:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal