collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 387 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
What would you do?
« on: June 30, 2014, 11:22:52 AM »
I've been faced with a very strange transaction and not a pony one or in ebay. Still I'll seek advice here and see what you guys think. Every once in a while I throw model horses up for sale on a model horse selling site. Typically they are beat up and better suited for customization, so I sell them low to help clean out my shelf space and make room.

I had an add up for a while that didn't sell except one horse. When he did sell separately I made a note in my add he was no longer available, and I changed my add to say I had eight models for sale in the title instead of nine. I went as far as listing in te add all the models that came in the lot and specifically stated he was not included.

I was contacted by an international buyer that used a translator. Her English was rough because of it, but I got the idea. She made it sound like she had a place in the U.S. Where her boxes were sent and picked up, so I agreed to the transaction because it wouldn't be going international.  She paid, I packed them up nd mailed them off.

I had not heard a word till last night. She emailed me and her English was still hard to understand, but she basically told me off saying I wa trying to trick her and sell horses to other people among other nasty things. It took me a while to understand what was upsetting her since I couldn't read it. From what I understood she thought the horse would be in the box with the others. I tried to explain the add said he wasn't and even stated it only has the eight horses and not him. She just continued to bite my head off. I'm at a loss on what to do with her. It want an Ebay purchase , and I wasn't tricking her saying I had things for sale that were not. It in my mind would be like posting a group of ponies here and after ones were sold saying those were no longer available.

Her box arrived on the fifth of May. I don't think I should have to do anything at this point after almost two months since this transaction happened. Like I said I know her English is limited, and I feel she really jus misunderstood, but now se is convinced I'm lying. I hate to be a jerk but after two months I don't think I should hVe to deal with this. I've also already spent the money (since it's been two months without a word), and I'm kind of broke right now. I don't have the money to refund, and I don't think I should have to do it.

It bugs me since anyone that has bought from me should be able to say I'm not bad to deal with. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes because I can think of a few, but I've always fixed them. I dunno in this situation.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »
I would find out where she is from and then get someone on this board to help you write an email in her own language explaining everything.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:50:36 PM »
Totally agree with Sebby. If there is a communication problem, getting someone who is fluent in both languages to help out as your middle man is the best way to explain the situation at this point. Its probably worth while in the first communication that you suggest she seek similar help at her end.

Getting to the bottom of it through talking it out and explaining is the best option - sounds like you did everything you were supposed to and you dont want to just walk away, so explanation is the only way to go.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
Thanks both of you. Last night when she messaged me again I had sent a reply trying to tell her again what was going on. I'll wait for her to reply and suggest we find a translator to help explain things on both ends. I just know I don't want someone to think I'm trying to mess with them or not send them all of their stuff, but I'm having a tough time explaining it in a way she can either understand (or maybe she understands and doesn't believe me). Either way hopefully I can get it resolved soon.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:08:48 AM »
You've done as much as you can to ensure the listing - bar the photo - was clear.  It's her responsibility to ensure that she uses an adequate translator. She won't be the first person to be caught out with a free translation software.
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal