collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does this happen with anyone else? Paypal/ebay thing  (Read 350 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Does this happen with anyone else? Paypal/ebay thing
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »
So a while back I bought a Buy It Now item and paid immediately, went through all the screens to pay for the item through Paypal, thought I was all set.

I'm not the kind of person who checks ebay every day, so the next time I signed in was almost 6 days later and I noticed the item still said "Pay now". I was like "...huh. Well, maybe payment didn't go through or whatever." I checked my Paypal to make sure I hadn't been charged in the past week (I hadn't) and paid again. Everything went through fine, I got the item, all good.

Then just this week the same thing happened again. I bought an item earlier in the week and paid immediately, then signed today and saw that it was still waiting for payment! I checked my Paypal again, saw that I hadn't been charged for anything in the past few weeks, so I paid for the item and it seems fine. But how weird!

Has this happened to anyone else? Can the seller reject payment if they wanted to adjust the invoice or something, making me have to go through the process again? Or do you think I just missed a final confirmation step or something both times it happened?

The first time it happened I just thought it was a fluke, since everyone makes mistakes and I'm no exception lol. But now it's happened twice so I'm curious.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Does this happen with anyone else? Paypal/ebay thing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:15:35 AM »
I think ebay is very glitchy right now.

I had a buyer pay for their items and it not showing as paid through ebay.  I have the receipt they did and I double checked Paypal and it shows there.  Just not through ebay's checkout. 

And this just happened as of yesterday.  I sent their items this morning because I had proof they paid.

I am not sure but they have been doing a bunch of updates.  And I think it has caused a bunch of problems for folks recently.  :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »
You have to make sure you hit the Confirm button when you think you are all done with pay pal
it bounces you back to ebay and top right is a confirm button.  If you don't hit that it will not complete the Transaction.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:04:37 PM »
I had a similar thing today, I bought a new dogtag for Rocco and it only went through on the third attempt. Annoying more than anything else, I tend to double then triple-check my eBay and Paypal accounts religiously every time I make any sort of transaction, just in case.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »
I recently had an out of country buyer pay immediately but according to Ebay they didn't pay. The money was in my paypal just fine but Ebay said no payment was received and it never updated to "paid" either.

This sounds like something different but just be sure you weren't charged.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
Thanks guys. Glad to know it's not just me. I'll keep an eye on it! :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal