collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A buyer that waits for cases to open to pay & has multiple accounts (update)  (Read 2294 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Ugh,

I have a buyer that bought from me like a week ago and didn't pay till a case opened on them. Then they paid like right after that, no big deal I guess people forget. I honestly didn't think a thing about it till they won an auction again from me this week and same thing. Everyone has paid but them and a case is about to open, and I guess I'll see if they pay this time as well. The first box hasn't arrived yet, so I cannot say if there is any "fishy" behavior going on. It may be nothing at all other than them paying.  I know we post transactions issues here but is it typical to give Ebay names for things in this situation since I haven't had an issue with them just yet, more of it being annoying than anything?  :pout:

update

The first group of fashion fillies arrived and then the second. I had some auctions that ended after and that particular buyer wasn't winning any of them. After my next round of auctions ended I remembered to block the buyer that waited till cases opened to pay the screen name is skinny little closer monster with underscores in between the words. She paid about an hour after each case was opened against her.

Well after these new auctions ended one person won two auctions and when a case opened they didn't pay. I went to look and sure enough it was under a different screen name Bottlerocketpops and the name was different on the account but same address. I called EBay to let them know and sent a message asking this buyer to pay. They told me that EBay wasn't letting them pay. Keep in mind at this point I think a case was open two or three days? There was one day left of the case before it just closed as a non paying bidder. She didn't message me at all about having issues till I sent this message asking her to pay. She asked for an invoice to see if that would help so sent one and informed her and she told me she was at work and would get to paying". It was around five days at this point I think? I'll have to go back and look at stuff. I then asked her if she bought other things of mine.

She finally confirmed they were both her accounts and she had been Bottlerocketpops on the arena and bought from me ages ago. I thought she sounded familiar! About the year I first joined o vaguely remember her giving me issues with a sale because she didn't pay for like a few weeks to a month plus for an item she committed to buy.  Again my memory is foggy so it's hard to remember. I didn't leave bad feedback because I was new and worried so it's kind of like things went full circle for me. I didn't put her back then so got her four times in a quick row!

She paid for everything but on all four eBay purchases she waited till cases were opened and the last two multiple days. I would sell to with caution since she does pay its just frustrating.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:41:28 PM by Maddie »
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A buyer that likes to wait and pay when cases are openeded.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:37:05 AM »
You can block certain people froom seeing your auctions.  It could be possible though that they have limited access to the internet and can only get onto ebay on certain days?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »
I know, I forgot to block them. I doubt it's an internet issues, both times the case opened they paid in like less than an hour. They are somehow getting these notifications for Npb cases.

Formerly Maddie

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 07:13:04 PM »
I  *THINK* when a case is opened, they get an email. I know for a fact ebay automatically sends a reminder after 2 days.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:07 PM »
I  *THINK* when a case is opened, they get an email. I know for a fact ebay automatically sends a reminder after 2 days.
I sent an invoice this time asking them to pay though after they won, so they should have gotten that before surely? I know when I win things I also get an Email just from EBay. Either way it's weird to me, and I'll be blocking them from buying from me later after these transactions are done. -_-

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 04:11:46 PM »
I've had that happen in the past before too. I wouldn't go public with the name yet TBH - the transaction hasn't finished. I would block them though if you'd rather not risk having this experience with them again :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:56 PM »
Things on this situation got worse and frustrating, had me cursing up a storm this morning. I'll be posting  a full account soon of what's going on, but this buyer is driving me up the walls.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 04:14:13 AM »
:crazy:  :yikes:  :(  that....doesn't sound good at all

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 07:40:20 AM »
Keep us updated when you have a moment to share...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Bump!

This was frustrating and glad to be done with it

Formerly Maddie

Offline plushroo

• princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
What a pain!! I hope all packages arrive and buyer doesn't give anymore issues like the one I had to deal with on ebay a few years back. Waited 'til a case was opened to pay then buyer opened a case on me claiming item never arrived when I found proof it did arrive.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
What a pain!! I hope all packages arrive and buyer doesn't give anymore issues like the one I had to deal with on ebay a few years back. Waited 'til a case was opened to pay then buyer opened a case on me claiming item never arrived when I found proof it did arrive.
I won't send a single package without signature confirmation even if it's like a five dollar purchase. If she was to do that then she would have some explaining on her end why it was signed for at the address she had. ;)

Formerly Maddie

Offline plushroo

• princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
I won't send a single package without signature confirmation even if it's like a five dollar purchase. If she was to do that then she would have some explaining on her end why it was signed for at the address she had. ;)

That's a good idea and might be what I do next time I sell on ebay.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile

That's a good idea and might be what I do next time I sell on ebay.
Oh I do it here and elsewhere where I sell. I've had too many people with "packages that didn't arrive" when the tracking said it did. This way it's harder to say they didn't get it. :lol:   

Formerly Maddie

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I am familiar with that buyer, under both screen names. She has purchased a lot of rather pricey (mostly MIB G1) items from me in the last couple years. She is often late (after a case is opened) in paying but does in the end. I have not had any issues with her beyond that. I hope it all works out for you.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal