collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you sell ponies?  (Read 281 times)

haileep4

• Trade Count: (0)
How do you sell ponies?
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »
Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, sorry if it's not!!

I have a few g4 blind bags I want to sell but I've only ever bought ponies using the arena before. I know where to post if I'm selling them but what information should you include in a post? Should you use ebay or just paypal to sell them? HOW do you use paypal to sell them? If you use ebay do you list it as auction or buy it now? Should I include shipping in their prices or not? How do you figure out how much shipping is??

I'm sorry I have so many questions!!!! I just want to do this right.  :lovey:

Thanks for any help!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: How do you sell ponies?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
Trader Support is probably the best forum for you :) Your question is about the mechanics of selling rather than asking a general question so I am going to pop this over there for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »
I sell mostly on ebay but sometimes on here to.

as long as you describe to the best you can and take as many photos as possible you should be fine.

Personally I use royal mail postage calculator but I am in the uk so it would not be the same for you I guess but it normally comes out right for me.  I like to see separate postage costs mainly so I know exactly what I am paying for the item and the postage individually.

for payment I would always go with paypal for the buyer/seller protection if nothing else. others will use different ones but I don't have any knowledge of them

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:45:52 AM »
Its easy to start selling  here and you wont have the fees that ebay charge you. Make a new thread in our "For sale" forum  :)  As has been mentioned , do take plenty of pictures and describe everything in detail - any flaws including factory flaws need to be mentioned even if they are really tiny ;)  If your buyers need to know anything else they will PM you or post a question on your thread. You are welcome to ask us Mods if you need any other advice on how to answer questions or post a thread etc

To work out shipping costs : do you have a digital kitchen scale? if you do then you can put your BB pony/ponies in the packaging you intend to send them in - a bubble mailer is fine for BB's - and weigh them, then you can go online to the USPS website and there is a postage calculator - it should be pretty easy to use :)   if you cant weight the ponies at home then pack them in the envelope/box/whatever you want to use and then go to your local Post Office . they can give you the prices there :awake: 
It might be best to start out selling to people in your own country and then move on to international selling once you're used to how things work
Do you have a Paypal account set up already?  if you do then it should be easy to recieve payments from people here at the Arena :)  All you do is tell them the amount they owe you and give them your Paypal address then they will send you the money.  The money will appear in your account. (The only time you'll need to do something more is if the money is from an international buyer and they've sent it in a different currency - then you just need to click to accept the payment.)

If you would rather sell on ebay , take into account that the fees will cost you up to 20% and your funds could be held for up to 21 days. You will have a wider market , but it can be expensive for a few blind bag ponies ;)

Hope that helps a bit :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:43:59 AM »
You can sell on here and also on ebay. But on here you don't have the fees that go along with ebay. I also have to say that fees sure have gone up. I was able to save on my selling fees and everything for a while. But then I was selling a lot of things and made it to top seller status. I am pretty sure that is gone now. I don't have a lot left to sell and what I do have its not selling.

Ok back to the subject. If you sell on here you will only have the fees from pay pal. I think if you don't have yours set up to take a credit card then there are none. But then I am not sure cause I have had my account for a long time now. Another good thing about selling on here is your able to talk one to one with the person that wants to buy from you. :)

If there is anything wrong with the ponies or things that you listing please list it. And if possible get a picture of it to. It never any fun to buy something and get it and find out its not want you thought it was going to be. I had that happen a few times on ebay.

If you have to set up a pay pal account you will need to have a checking account. It pretty easy to set up one and pay pal will help you step by step. :) I also linked a Credit card on mine a while back just in case I wanted to use that to pay for items.  But I will warn you that its very easy to over spend that way! I did and it took a while to get it all paid off. After that happened I took off the Credit Card and have my checking on it now.

I wish you lots of luck with your selling :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal