collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay help-Trouble with customs  (Read 278 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
eBay help-Trouble with customs
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
Hi  everyone, so I sold a doll to a buyer in Australia and I am in the US, I ship over seas all the time with no issues usually but this time it looks like the package had been stuck in customs since May 21st. The buyer has been driving me nuts and threatening me telling me to fix it for about a week now but what the heck can I do??? I have no control over the mail or customs and I even put a disclaimer in my listing so idk what else to do?? He also filed a case on me today :(

This is the disclaimer copied straight from my listing :
 **INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING**

First Class International Shipping does NOT include tracking, does NOT include insurance, and does not have a guaranteed delivery time by USPS (it can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks).  First Class International is offered by me as an economical means of shipping for those who are not in a hurry to receive their item.  Please consider upgrading to Priority or Express if you require tracking, insurance, or need it by a certain date. Any duty, taxes, fees are the responsibility of the buyer and are not included in the shipping price. Thank you for your cooperation :)
**Please Note**: International Shipping via 1st Class international as a shipping method is at the buyers own risk, it is the most economical method but it does NOT cover if an item is lost, damaged or stolen. I will not provide a refund for items shipped via this method, if you would like to upgrade shipping to Priority Mail International or Express I will gladly give you a quote before hand and add that as an option for shipping if you require tracking and loss protection/insurance.Thank you for your understanding!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: eBay help-Trouble with customs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
honestly, if they are threatening you, save those emails.  It's against ebay policy and can help your case.  Since the item *is* showing on tracking, is the number entered into ebay?  if it isn't, do that ASAP.  Ebay may pay them out, thanks to their own policy, but I don't think they'll find against you or force you to refund it. 

For another, most tracking is only good inside the US; it'll usually show as in customs or just 'enroute' once it leaves the US.  It hasn't even been 3 weeks yet!  Also, I think I'd block the buyer, *reasonable* buyers usually wait till at least 1 month to be concerned about oversees package; the only situation I've ever had to file a case against a seller, I waited till I had only one week to file.  Even then, I politely emailed the seller and waited 3 more days for them to get back to me first!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
I did enter the tracking # in right away so I am good there, I gave the buyer the option on the invoice of choosing first class or priority and they chose first class :/ I shipped it out on the 13 the of may so it hasn't quite been 1 mo yet. I just don't feel like I should have to refund him because I give pretty clear warning and info about shipping in my listing. I have literally explained to him until I am blue in the face that I have no control over the mail, I am not flying there and Hand delivering it to him so he needs to settle down and stop taking it out on me. He is relentless though and keeps acting like it is my fault because he gets stuff first class all the time with no problems so this is obviously somehow my fault...  :angry:

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:49 PM »
your disclaimer / terms of sale SHOULD cover you
they committed to the buy  knowing that  they weren't fully covered.

as others have said, save the emails for evidence but  eBay should side with you on this matter

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »
Thank you both :) and I sure hope so, otherwise I may have to take away first class as an available method and ship priority only, I don't want to punish everyone for one jerk but this kinda of crap really stresses me out :( it is not worth it to me

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. :( I'm so disappointed it's an Aussie being awful to you. Aussies have to buy things overseas all the time so this person should know better! My husband has had stuff stuck in customs for weeks and sometimes things can take 2 months to arrive here. I agree with the others that eBay should side with you. You've done everything right. :hug: I totally understand you wanting to only ship priority from now on. I only ship priority overseas because people like this upset me and I don't want to take any chances. I hope everything works out alright. :hug:

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
Thank you Sabrina  :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal