collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay´s import charges  (Read 252 times)

Online alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay´s import charges
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »
I´ve seen an item that I want to bid and I noticed that besides the shipping there is an import charge, what is it? So I will pay for shipping + import charges? Can I choose. But if I need to pay for customs I will pay it in my country! I´m just a bit confused.

lisey_baby

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ebay´s import charges
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »
Normally the item is received at your local post office/depot and they send you a card or letter saying what you need to pay for customs charges. I'm not sure how this will work paying on eBay, as it will still need to be processed through your po and if the value is high enough there will be charges.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:34:59 AM »
As I've experienced it Ebay offers a global shipping program. When I buy ponies from the US and the seller uses this method I pay shipping plus tax (two prices shown in the auction which will of course add up) and the company in between (Pitney Bowers I think it was) takes care of all the custom stuff and you get your package right away without having to pick it up at customs and paying there. I just have to guess here but I think that is what you mean.
For Germany for example there is an import fee of 19% on every article worth more than 22€ including shipping, above 150€ you have to pay an extra charge, don't know what it is called exactly in English.

Send via Tapatalk on my Galaxy - blame autocorrect for every mistake ;)

:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:52 AM »
I'm thinking the same as Baby_Honeycomb. The item you are wanting to bid on is coming from the US, no? and your seller is using the Global Shipping Program.  Its optional whether a seller uses this or not - which is why some people sell you the item, you pay shipping  and then you pay the ordinary customs taxes when the item reaches your country as it always used to be.
With GSP its different- they charge you the customs taxes at the time of checkout. This means it does not happen again when the item reaches your country - the item is delivered right to you...... but it *can* sometimes work out more expensive than if your seller does not use the GSP
Does that make sense? :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal