collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tears for my Pony....what to do?  (Read 700 times)

Pony_Mama

• Trade Count: (0)
Tears for my Pony....what to do?
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:54:54 AM »
I finally found a 2010 Dandelion Pony MIB. I was super excited! I messaged the seller in my payment to please take care with the packaging. So, on Saturday, she arrived. The box looked a little...not good....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But I opened it up with high hopes. Tears immediately started to form...

I took her out of the shipping box and was so saddened.....

Minty box no more  :cry: :cry: :cry:
But then I take a look at the packaging. I hadn't really paid much attention at first because my concern was the pony....

It was just 3 wadded up paper bags. I'm having a hard time with that. I'm not feeling that is "taking care with the packaging."
I know it's not the seller's fault that the shipping box was damaged, but I can't help but wonder if she'd packaged it with some effort, maybe the pony box wouldn't have been sooo damaged.
I want to contact the seller, but I'm not sure what to do about it? I've never had this happen and I've been on ebay a long time.
Should I request a partial refund? Or is that out of line?

[moving to Trader Support ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 05:47:44 AM by hathorcat »

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Tears for my Pony....what to do?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:14:07 AM »
I have had this happen with ornaments. All I did was contact the seller showed them pictures and they gave me a full refund since the ornament was broken. It def should have been packaged way better then that. I would just contact the seller and see what they have to say first it could have been an honest mistake in thinking that it would have been fine the way they packaged it. They might offer you a partial refund. :) Good Luck and I am sorry this has happened as it stinks to get a pony that you expect and excited about and it turns out to be disappointing :( 
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:16:58 AM »
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you!
I would definitely contact the seller. It's their responsibility to ensure that the product reaches you in the condition it was listed in. 3 crumpled up paper bags is NOT a proper way to pack a box with a fragile item inside. Big bubble wrap would've been much more appropriate cushioning and might've helped protect the delicate packaging. Also, the seller could have informed the post office that the package contained a fragile item. They would've marked the box "fragile" accordingly and there's a strong possibility it would've been handled better.

The box on a collectors item can heavily affect it's value if it's damaged. You can't just be out of your money just because of improper packing. Contact the seller and explain the situation and include those photos. Hopefully you'll be able to solve it. If not, open a case with eBay.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:52 AM »
I'm fairly sure that the postal workers don't take any notice of words like "fragile" on boxes, but I agree that crumpled paper especially in such a small amount, is not adequate packaging at all. I find it's best to assume a parcel will be kicked all the way to its destination and bubble-wrap accordingly. I would definitely contact the seller and point out that you asked for them to package it securely and they clearly haven't so now you have a damaged item =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:55:46 PM »
oh no you poor thing, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would have 100% cried then been upset, cursed, cried again and then contact the seller. :( Hope everything works out and keep us updated

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:36:09 PM »
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you!
I would definitely contact the seller. It's their responsibility to ensure that the product reaches you in the condition it was listed in. 3 crumpled up paper bags is NOT a proper way to pack a box with a fragile item inside. Big bubble wrap would've been much more appropriate cushioning and might've helped protect the delicate packaging. Also, the seller could have informed the post office that the package contained a fragile item. They would've marked the box "fragile" accordingly and there's a strong possibility it would've been handled better.

The box on a collectors item can heavily affect it's value if it's damaged. You can't just be out of your money just because of improper packing. Contact the seller and explain the situation and include those photos. Hopefully you'll be able to solve it. If not, open a case with eBay.

Exactly! It IS the sellers responsibility to package the item properly, especially after being asked to take care. I mean, come on, it's a MIB collectible and the seller must have known that :S
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:49:28 PM »
I can't believe what some sellers use to pack "fragile" items with! I am so sorry that your pony was damaged in shipping! I do hope you can resolve this with the seller, I would absolutely contact them! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
:( Boo evil postal service.

I agree with everyone else. The first step is to speak to your seller. While yes, its the sellers responsibility to ensure careful packaging; your seller may wish to try and make a claim against the post office for the value as technically it was damaged in transit.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »
How awful! I would have been crying too! :(  :hug:  :cry:  they didnt do a very good job packing that pony at all.  I think you've had some very good advice here though - first contact your seller about the situation - be polite and tactful - its usually best to start with somethign positive about the transaction (for example, was the shipping fast? or you're happy to have this pony in your collection ;)  ) then mention the packaging issue and the damage. Your seller will hopefully offer a solution - either a full refund on returning the item , or they may offer a partial (you'll need to decide if it will make you unhappy to keep this pony  in its current condition. If you'd rather get a really nice MIB one then it might be best to return it, but if you'd still like to keep the pony then a partial would be better if the sellers offers one). As hathorcat mentioned , the seller may be able to make a claim for the damage with the PO .
see how your seller responds and go from there - please let us know how it goes  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal