collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some Advice about Selling and holding items?  (Read 267 times)

silk-locket

• Trade Count: (0)
Some Advice about Selling and holding items?
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »
Hi, I have had stuff on hold that I was selling for about a week now, the buyer said they would pay me monday and requested a paypal request. But since then they never replied, I wrote them yesterday and yet they have been on and never once acknowledged the PM. I have had several people want to buy the items on hold, but I just don't know if I should sell them. :/

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Some Advice about Selling and holding items?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
I hold items for 48 hours maximum....that's after someone has said that they are definitely interested in purchasing the item.  I sometimes (but rarely) make special arrangements on a case-by-case basis if they make plans to pay on a specific date (like if they get paid on Friday, they'll pay on Friday).  If it's past the date they say they will pay, I send one follow-up PM to check up.  If I don't get a response from THAT in 48 hours, the item goes back up for sale.  Generally there's a response by that point, but if the person has been on and is ignoring the PM, I'd be inclined to take that as "No, I'm no longer interested".

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Some Advice about Selling and holding items?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »
It seems that that buyer has done to you what a lot of buyers on here have been doing to sellers recently: Deciding against buying and leaving the seller hanging. See this thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338445.msg905568.html#msg905568

I would just move on. You've given the buyer plenty of time. You've held up your side of the bargain. They obviously are a deadbeat buyer or what on eBay would be termed a non-paying bidder.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal