Pony Talk > Off Topic

Aquarium fish

<< < (2/12) > >>

BlackCurtains:
I had looked at gourami too! My choices were betta, gourami, molly, or guppy with friends (shrimp, snails, crabs, etc.). I settled on the betta and shrimp because I had one before, never had the shrimp though.

My stuff should be coming today! :D I will wait to order the plants until I get the rest set up. The heater is delayed and I just got an email from Chewy that they are out of the dragon wood. I found some on Etsy. I also decided to add some floating plants to my plant order.

I realized yesterday I forgot to order a cleaning kit and tap water cleaner.

edit: It came! The tank is perfect! It fits on my desk in just the right spot :D Should I put something under it? Like a towel or craft foam? I know bacteria can accumulate on the bottom of glass that house hamsters and other small critters. May I can get a piece of bamboo custom cut to go under it.

I've gotten everything except the heater from Amazon and the stuff from Etsy and Chewy. Once everything is here I'll order the plants, it's a local seller so they should arrive overnight. Then I can set it up :D The nitrifying starter makes it so you can add your fish right away. Of course, I will test the water. But once the plants are in I can go fish and shrimp shopping! :frolic:

Nella:
Don't you need to wait a bit longer to introduce fish? I'm used to the bigger tanks. Those take weeks before fish can be added....

DracoKat:
Take a look at Aquabid for bettas. I used to purchase from there when I bred bettas long ago. Beautiful fish, I love them so much!
I have a betta in my 29g planted tank and she's the queen of the tetras lol.

BlackCurtains:
This is what it says. This product was recommended from the blog post I linked to. The fine print says to add fish after testing and all conditions are met. It also says to use stress coat, but I bought something specifically for betta fish that does the same thing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Nella:
Ah yes. We have something similar but keep testing the water because it can fluctuate and nitrite spikes will kill fast.

Have you decided on the color of Betta you're looking for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version