Pony Talk > Off Topic

Candles

(1/18) > >>

BlackCurtains:
Anyone else addicted to candles? :lol:

I used to collect fancy candles, the kind you don't burn. I had dragons and tigers and elephants. Most survived the trip to Florida, but one of my dragons melted a bit from the heat.

As far as burning candles go, I love Yankee Candle but they are so expensive! I have little ones and one my sister bought for me that's a Woodwick, which crackles like real fire wood as it burns.

I like the Walmart Mainstays candles. They're okay. They have nice scents and while burning they fill the room, but it doesn't stick around much after the candle goes out. They burn fast too.

Air Wick candles are okay. The scents are very strong but like the Walmart candles, it doesn't hang around.

Recently I tried Goose Creek. They were having a sale on their large jar candles for $10 each. I bought five of them based on the scent descriptions. I did a good job because they all smell great :P The one I'm burning now has made my entire apartment smell. It's called Shining Sands and smells like a day at the beach. I recommend them!

Ponybookworm:
Not big on scented candles, but they're always something I have around in an all-electric home

shockponie:
Meee! I have an IG page that is mostly dedicated to candles!
(I don’t know if we’re allowed to post our socials here. If we are, I can share it if anyone would like to see some of my collex.)

I mainly shop the deals at Bath & Body Works, but I buy others from time to time (such as DW Home, Mainstays, Aldi, Yankee, Tuscany, Fvith). I haven’t tried Goose Creek yet, but I’ve been thinking about it.

Normally I like fruity, floral, and gourmand scents, but I will dabble in others.  :satisfied:

SpacePinto:
I love candles but I'm too scared I would burn the house down.

Minty_Magic:
Oh, I’m 100% a candle addict haha! My favorite scents to be fall scents, so I stock up a bunch that time of year and try to make them last year round. Usually around May/ June I start running low though. There are unfortunately only so many candles I can store at once.

Bath and Body works is usually my go to for candles, though I refuse to buy them at full price since they are so expensive! I usually try and wait until they are having a buy 3 get 3 free sale and when I have a 20% off coupon to stock up. I like Yankee candles as well, but same thing, they are so pricey with no coupons or sales!

I’ve also become a big fan of jewelry candles like Fragrant Jewels and Jackpot Candles. Once again they are a little expensive…but each candle comes with a ring inside so they are fun to burn for that! The rings are pretty too. They aren’t very good quality, they do tarnish after a while, but for like $30 it’s a fun splurge here and there!

My favorite cheap candles are Tuscany candles from Kroger or whatever it may be called by you. :P They are large glass jars like Yankee and they have a pretty strong scent. They also burn for an insanely long time, so I love them for that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version