collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 74644 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2022, 06:26:52 AM »
I hope you feel better, Artie :hug:

I wanted to go to my parents house today, see my dad (he's finally home if you didn't see my WYP update) but my niece is busy helping her boyfriend put hurricane shutters on his house. My parents don't have any... the house didn't come with any, just sheets of plywood, but not enough to cover the whole house. My dad used to put them up but he can't anymore. You'd think my niece's boyfriend would help with that :pout:

I'm a little worried about the hurricane. I've never been through one in this apartment. I don't know if the windows are hurricane standard or not. They don't look like they are. Hurricane windows have a shine to them. The roof is tin though, so that's good.

Today I guess I'm going to work on my custom. I also want to felt something everyday. I have some books with small cats and dogs so I think I'll try one of those.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 02:34:57 PM by Loa »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2022, 07:46:52 AM »
So this is storm Ian, BC? It does look scary. I can see pictures of peple buying everything in the shops, not sure why. Will be thinking of you :hug:

I'm feeling a little better today. I'm off work and resting. I made macaroni and cheese for lunch.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2022, 08:23:30 AM »
Yeah, it's Ian. People panic buy and hoard. I wanted to get some fresh veggies for my smoothies and it's a good thing I did so when I did because the deliveries are totally booked until Saturday. I got the last slot yesterday.

I don't buy water, instead I have a filter on the tap, so I have water. My parents buy and my mom tried to get some delivered but they were sold out. I don't have backup batteries but I do have a lot of candles. I've got a high powered flashlight too. I think my old Walkman has a radio in it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2022, 03:49:27 PM »
@BC are you close to the coast? i guess most of Florida is technically :huh: stay safe! hopefully it won't be too bad.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »
I'm 2 miles from the coast. They predict now it's going to head more northward but they don't really know. If it stays on it's current track it'll hit the panhandle but still dump a bunch of rain and wind on us.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »
BC, I was supposed to ask you yesterday if a hurricane is coming to your area, but I forgot.
I hope everything goes well and the hurricane passes your area! :hug: I hope the electricity and the roof are maintained also at your parents' house! :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2022, 07:17:10 PM »
I'm 2 miles from the coast. They predict now it's going to head more northward but they don't really know. If it stays on it's current track it'll hit the panhandle but still dump a bunch of rain and wind on us.

oh wow. that's close. hoping it goes further north.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2022, 04:45:15 AM »
Artie, take care of yourself & your wee one growing in you. Pregnancy wears you out xxx
BC: talk to your landlord about hurricane concerns if you can, & stay as safe as possible. I also hope your parents get help in proofing their home xxx
Beth I'm glad you & your dad had bonding time over tech rants & that your mum is better xxx

I managed to make ginger biccies. Scarlet O'Hara is unpredictable & paid a visit. I've had a go at knitting a couple of Pony-sized scarves. They're very thin (3 stitches wide) but they do & they're cute. Going to make a few more...
Went to coffee today. It's wet & windy. Also picked up a couple of things from the Coop, but just a couple as the money is disappearing quickly now, & I still have the big Tesco order next week...
Also next week, I'll have to start heating the living room...
Everybody stay warm in the coming winter xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2022, 06:17:55 AM »
The local news hasn't updated the website yet. I don't trust the weather channel because they're so sensational about things.

Mandatory evacs have been issued but I'm staying. It's been raining since yesterday afternoon. Not much wind though, not yet. Right now Ian is halfway over Cuba. Yesterday they said after it gets into the Gulf it will be a Cat 4 but some wind sheer might weaken it.

PBW, I don't have a landlord. It's public housing so there is a business and then the property manager. They've closed the office and all staff is gone. They stuck an evac sheet in everybody's door. We're left on our own.

My parents are more inland than I am, but they are in a flood zone. That house is not maintained very well. The landlord refuses to pay for any repairs and if she does send someone, it's like the most sketchy people ever who can't do a good job.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2022, 07:04:59 AM »
 >_< That doesn't sound great I must say. I just tried looking up a few news reports, I agree they aren't very informative. I hope you're OK :hug:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2022, 06:01:08 PM »
be safe @BC

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2022, 05:28:29 AM »
It's a Cat 4 and headed right this way. Should make landfall at around 5-8pm this evening.

I'll be honest and say I'm scared. I've never been in a Cat 4 before. The last Category 4 storm that hit was Charlie and it did tons of damage.

I'm going to pack up important stuff and put it in the bathroom then hide out in there when it comes.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2022, 09:21:09 AM »
I'm a bit worried for you, how come you're better off in the bathroom?

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2022, 10:52:21 AM »
You do what you can BC xxx And big fat snuggles to you!!! So your place is like a council house here then, dependent on local government funds to do stuff (not that I trust most governments to actually invest in stuff tbh). Your parents'' landlord stinks xxx

Mostly quiet because I feel tired & cold. Because of tiredness I slept in & missed a meeting!!! Bummer. Anyway, I got a couple of parcels in but still due more. I hope all my trans-Atlantic packages are in the UK as if not, the hurricane will delay them. Either way, living in the UK as I do, I'm getting used to waiting a bit longer due to strikes & dead monarchs, so a hurricane is just another delay to me.
It's my current cycle which is the issue. It is taking a LOT out of me & leaving me tired. Apparently if I want good veggie burgers without eggs I need chia or flax seeds. That way they won't squish.

Everybody affected by the hurricane, stay safe & much snuggles xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2022, 12:44:44 PM »
living in the UK as I do, I'm getting used to waiting a bit longer due to strikes & dead monarchs

That made me giggle for some reason. Ah, glorious Blighty.

It's my current cycle which is the issue. It is taking a LOT out of me & leaving me tired. Apparently if I want good veggie burgers without eggs I need chia or flax seeds. That way they won't squish.

Everybody affected by the hurricane, stay safe & much snuggles xxx

Hope you try to keep warm, I don't want you to get sick! And hope you enjoy having a rest. Sometimes Mother Nature has her demands, not much you can do. Flax seeds do work by the way, I used to make 'flax eggs' for veggie burgers.

I second that about the hurricane!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal