collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65582 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #510 on: December 09, 2022, 02:06:23 AM »
I'm sorry, Beth. I hope the ultrasound goes well and you find out the problem.

--

I slept three hours and got up at midnight. It's nearly 5. I was able to prep four ponies myself with the help of boiling water and a new blade in my Exacto knife :accomplished: Two of them are all chewed up but they're going to be heavily sculpted, so it's okay. One is a gift and the other one is my second spring pony. The first one needs hair and eyes still, and her accessories.

Yesterday I got a lot of cleaning up done. No vacuuming because of my back. I went to the mailbox and dropped off the rent check too. A package said it was delivered but it wasn't in my mailbox and I didn't have a locker key. Then last night right as I was going to bed the doorbell rang and it was my downstairs neighbor with the package. It's more felting wool :) Now I have a crisp bright white. I also got some other colors.

I've decided what I'm giving my parents for xmas. I'm going to make my dad something and buy him a couple little things. My mom, she's getting a cat! Not a real one, since they won't let her have her cat in Assisted Living. I'm getting a life sized plushie that looks like her (she's all black with yellow eyes - so not hard to find)  with a personalized collar with the cats real name on it. Plus a couple small things. I think she'll like it :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 09, 2022, 05:54:09 AM »
Beth here's hoping the ultrasound reveals what's wrong xxx
BC YAIY at receiving packages!!! And those sound like sweet prezzie ideas xxx
Artie yep it's cold here too. And told you sitting would be uncomfy now!!!

When I say it's cold, I mean COLD!!! As in there was a little snow on the ground when the postie came with the Pink Kittywinks box for me. Got a little more done, then crashed for ages, with only Scarlet O'Hara interrupting...
Managed to start on the cinnamon rolls at least, so that's good. Just waiting on a few more things now, including my seal plushie's winter gear & the extra press studs. Meanwhile I'll use the ones I have here.
Edit because how could I forget I made broccoli & cheese soup!!! I got 3 portions out of what I made & ate one with garlic bread. The other two are in the freezer waiting for when I eat them
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:31:46 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2022, 06:12:14 PM »
HOM my tree is in the living room (I have no garden) but yep, trees with strings of lights are gorgeous, & stringing some lights on trees you already have is adorable!!!
Oh okay!  :) Do you mean that nice Christmas tree of yours (which picture you posted in another thread) or do you have another tree in your living room?

Beth, I also hope that the ultrasound will reveal what is wrong with your dog. :heart:

On Thursday, I did the first snow work of this winter with the snow scoop! :joy: It was nice! On Sunday afternoon, I have to do it more, because it snowed from morning to night all Saturday! :stunned: :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 10, 2022, 09:40:28 PM »
HOM my tree is in the living room (I have no garden) but yep, trees with strings of lights are gorgeous, & stringing some lights on trees you already have is adorable!!!
Oh okay!  :) Do you mean that nice Christmas tree of yours (which picture you posted in another thread) or do you have another tree in your living room?

Beth, I also hope that the ultrasound will reveal what is wrong with your dog. :heart:

On Thursday, I did the first snow work of this winter with the snow scoop! :joy: It was nice! On Sunday afternoon, I have to do it more, because it snowed from morning to night all Saturday! :stunned: :heart:
That's the tree!!! I thought a Festive Decor thread would be a good idea for when everybody gets their trees & stuff up so we can see the decorations!!! Cheers for liking it xxx
Glad you're enjoying the snow work, & hope you reward yourself with a nice hot drink after xxx

I managed to make the cinnamon rolls & got four items done!!! (One of mine included because of having to use the thread up). More packages have arrived, including clear risers to give me an extra level here & there. Going to keep ordering those slowly to give me added display space. I was able to use these ones to home some parts of my collection which had long been awaiting said home so we're good there. If I keep going like this, by Tuesday the box should be ready!!! Here's hoping, so I can ask for it posted (they closed the local post office so I need to get it posted from somewhere else). Another thig which arrived was a festive hat & scarf "for teddy bears", where the hat barely fits a G3 Fashion Style Pony!!! But it does, so the bigger hat was replaced & is now paired with the scarf so my plushie seal has festive wear yaiy!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #514 on: December 11, 2022, 04:37:39 AM »
Your seal sounds so cute, PBW! Pics? :)

I finally got some sleep! Had a lot of dreams. Aster was in one, I think that's my first dream with her (that I remember). Yesterday I worked more on my ponies. I practiced eyes and got them done. They're not great but it will have to do. Two should be finished today but I can only show one for now because the other one goes with another custom I haven't started on yet.

I have to go down to the mailbox today. Some of my Amazon orders were left there. I really hate when they don't come to my door. One package was left by my door though, a new cable and tuner for my guitar. They were only 12 bucks in total. I want to sell my guitar and amp but my cable is bad and my tuners are waaaaaaaay old :lol: So a little investment was not a big deal.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 12, 2022, 04:23:55 AM »
As requested!!!

Glad you got a good sleep!!! And hope you reach the mailbox xxx

Got all the next lot done with time to spare!!! Didn't bake but hey, didn't really need to...
Had a frantic hunt for stuff & finally found exactly what I needed!!! Also prompted another quick sort
Today I need to finish the last lot so I can get it posted tomorrow...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2022, 05:35:26 AM »
Adorable! :heart:

I slept again! :happy: Had lots of dreams again. Mousie was in one, I was hugging her. I'm trying to teach Aster how to hug. She's very loving but when my head or body gets too close to her, she freaks out a little unless she initiates. There's nothing like a good kitty or doggo hug.

I finished those two ponies! I just need to wash their hair. I can get started on the others, need to bring out my airbrush for them. There are 5 and I might do FBRs on a couple more while I have the AB out.

All my packages came and I got them all yesterday. I had gotten nice looking arthritis gloves that go all the way up your fingers while still leaving a bit of room to type or whatever. The compression in them isn't very strong though. I think I'll double up with my other glove on my right hand and see how that goes.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »
Today I'm taking Jessie to have an ultrasound. I have to drop her off which makes me nervous. i'm also nervous about the results. she seems more herself lately. so i'm hopeful. yesterday she was even carrying one of her toys around. she still wants to only eat really tasty foods like cold cuts but she has a good appetite for that. i think she's holding out for the good stuff.

@BC I still have dreams about my childhood cat who passed almost 20 years ago. i had one a few weeks ago where i was cuddling with him. those dreams used to make me sad but now they're comforting for me.

Update: won't have to final results until tomorrow but everything looks good with Jessie so far. her lymph nodes were a little swollen so maybe it was just some infection after all.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 03:19:24 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 13, 2022, 05:15:36 AM »
Well done on your crafting BC!!! And glad everything arrived!!!. Aster will do the stuff at her pace xxx
Beth here's hoping xxx

I got the package finished!!! And started on a few more things for me too. Today I went to coffee & asked somebody there to post my package for me. I'll recompense them later as we're going to carols on Saturday. I came back after picking up bits at the Co-op, including electricity, & one of my press stud packs arrived yaiy!!! Another package also arrived frim a sharky server friend, including a home-made spicy sauce. It was wrapped  very well but the cap was broken, so I transferred the contents & the label to an old ketchup bottle. The other stuff in the package was cute too xxx

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #519 on: December 13, 2022, 06:22:13 AM »
Yay for packages!

Beth, I'm so glad everything looks okay so far with Jessie :) Here's hope that it was a simple thing and she's over it now.

More arts & crafts today. I didn't use the AB yesterday so maybe I'll bring it out today. I have so many ideas for ponies :freak:
I'm making baked spaghetti for lunch/dinner. I got some smoked gouda to put in it, yum.
One of the packages I got yesterday was a really nice and soft long sleeved shirt. I don't have any, just a hoodie and a couple sweaters that are "nice clothes" so I don't want to wear them around the house. It's not always cold enough for the full hoodie though, so this shirt is perfect for days like today. I need to wash it. They were out of my regular laundry pods and got a different scent. So I'm hoping it's good and doesn't bother my allergies.

There is one more package I'm waiting for coming from Latvia. Wool yarn! It's the last thing I need for my cat toys, plus you can needle felt with it so I bought a bunch of nice colors for any future projects. I'm also waiting on two more cards for the card swap. They're coming from the UK. I hope they get here in time.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 14, 2022, 08:06:14 AM »
The coffee people posted the package for me!!! Apparently they aren't doing recorded now but they're still doing tracked, so we're good xxx Less than £10 to post too!!!
Trying to convince myself to sew on press studs but my head says knit knit knit!!! Hate that. See Wonderful Nature thread for weather here...

BC it's fun but also overwhelming when your head just fills with ideas like that!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 08:07:51 AM by Ponybookworm »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #521 on: December 14, 2022, 08:59:37 AM »
Yeah, I need to finish what I'm already working on :P

My dad gave me money for my xmas present! I ordered another desk. I want another desk so I can have a dedicated space to do my artwork. I'm going to make a crafting cubby. I need to move the cat tree into the bedroom, she doesn't sit in it anyway. I'm making cookies for my mom today, we're going to visit her tomorrow. I also need to list the rest of my stuff on Marketplace. Doing laundry now! I can wear my new shirt when the dryer is done :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 14, 2022, 06:15:40 PM »
It's nice to read that everyone's weekdays have gone quite nicely. :)

Beth, glad your dog is doing better! :heart:

Many of my evenings have been spent pushing the snow scoop and cleaning the yard, but it doesn't bother me!  :joy: I love snow and winter! :heart:
On Wednesday, I was finally able to take the red carpets to the laundry. On Thursday evening I go to get the carpets back home and I can put them on the floor right away.  :)
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2022, 07:13:28 PM »
Craft corners sound so fun!! I've never had a proper one myself, but I hope you get a good one sorted BC!!! Also yaiy for prezzie money xxx
HOM sounds like you've been busy!!!

Still got the knit bug, so sorted my yarn out to find some scraps I can make into scarves & blankets, while I work on press-studding more of what needs that. Going out tomorrow so will hit the pharmacy for more yarn in colours I need, among other bits & bobs. I can see it costing a bit but it will keep me going with stuff so yaiy there.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #524 on: December 16, 2022, 05:47:44 AM »
It's COLD today! An artic blast hit the country. I feel sorry for the people living in temperate climates because it's going to be extremely cold for them. Here it's knocked the temp down to 60. That was shorts weather in Wisconsin :lol: It's nice, maybe a bit TOO cold. I like it around 70 personally, with no humidity of course. Man, it was humid yesterday, everything felt moist.

Tomorrow my new desk should be here, so today I'm going to move things around and set up my craft cubby :happy:

My mom gave me more money after she called the bank to get her balance. So that means I can buy a convection oven just for clay and a new pasta machine (that will go on my new desk!). Plus some other crafty things. I can also get the other gift I wanted for my niece. I bought the shirt I found but there was also this awesome poster. I couldn't afford both before but now I can :) Part of my mom's present came yesterday along with what I got my dad, it's in a parcel locker by the mailboxes.

As far as art goes, I need to find some more ponies to airbrush. Now that the awful humidity is gone, it's a good time to do it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal