collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with a member here on the Arena and slow shipping (?)  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with a member here on the Arena and slow shipping (?)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 03:14:25 AM »
Hiya SoSilver,

I work in the quality/shipping for a circuit board manufacturer in the UK and have loads of this kind of problem. It could be that the packages have not been scanned. I have had incidences where a job has been shipped out and after 3/4 days its been still showing in the UK when its actually only moments from delivery in China or where ever I sent it.

Problem stems from someone in a certain depot not scanning that its left that facility so it always shows there when you track it online. Its infuriating I know (especially when you have £5,000's worth of circuitry floating about somewhere in the Far East  :mad: )

Hopefully this is the case and your pony will be with you soon. 

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
As above pretty much.
I had a pony coming from the US to me in the UK with a $200 value. It showed as leaving the depot and then going back there and that was the only movement that ever showed for it! It was sent priority international but it took 3 weeks to get to me. Part of the problem I had was that it got held up in customs. I spoke to my PO and they said that it can be like that and that with that shipping method anything after a month could be deemed as lost. Fingers crossed yours is just held up somewhere but I totally know that waiting for the mail heavy hearted feeling! I've heard since that it's common for tracking to not be totally accurate.

Sternenstaub

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
Sometimes is international shipping a pain.
The whole point is - when your seller shippped by Express - they only handle it Express in the US - but mot in your country.

I have had the same 2 years ago. I bought a high prices Moc and the seller and me agreed for Express Shipping what was extra pricy..but I thought for an Expensive pony I'm fine with high shipping costs and I made good expiriences with Express before...
Well it was a nightmare.. the parcel arrived very fast to Germany - but the german post hold it over 3 weeks until it was brought to my city for delivery.
I was so disappointed! But the german post told me at this point - Express doesn't mean that they have to handle it by Express here as well...only in the country it was shipped from...

At all it wasn't the sellers fault - but sometimes the postal services are just crazy.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
I just received a pony from China , the scanned never showed any activity  after  november the 12th and it showed up yesterday on my mail box .

I received a package from Germany on november 6th, the package was sent on october 15th and it appeared in New Jersey, then It made its way to Texas.
but before that no activity , I was able to track this package though .
the DHL Post had a reference number for me to track it in USPS.
but Sandy Storm impacted the length and the no activity part of it's journey for sure

hope your pony makes it home soon.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »
I agree with the posts that things aren't always scanned.

Priority mail international claims to only have tracking available for certain countries, i found the list previously -- but I forget if Italy is apart of that or not. I can't seem to find it.

Either way, mail time for international priority is "6-10 business days", so I wouldn't worry too much yet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Mlphammy

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
I had bought a pony, and it didn't come  in untill about a week over the date it was estimated, and the seller didn't contact me. I hope you get your pony soon! :)

Offline duckie

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
Hopefully this is the case and your pony will be with you soon. 

sorry this is offtopic but rhubarbpie you are right next to me! i'm in cheltenham :) nice to see a pony member so close!

and so this is on topic, i hope you get your pony. post always seems to go haywire around this time of year anyway, without sandy added to it!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 03:15:00 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems Sosilver :cry: its always frustrating and upsetting when a parcel gets delayed, or the tracking doesnt update, or its held up in customs or whatever else, but its even more upsetting when its a valuable or rare pony.There are often postal delays at this time of year too unfortunately. I think there are a few possible explainations for the delay with your parcel - all of them have been mentioned already here- so i dont have anything extra to add at this moment, but i do think that it hasnt been very long yet, and hopefully your pony will arrive soon :hug:   

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
*crossing hooves and having patience for you*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »
SoSilver, could this be a customs problem? I remember panicking about the customs form to Italy when I sent you a pony.

Do you also have a customs form number perhaps? I don't know for USPS Priority if it is the same number as for Tracking. For First Class International, it's the same number. Just another number to check for tracing.

Hope the ponies get to you fast!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
HI.
No, it seems it hasn't never left the States.

And i am so sick of this right now.

I just woke up also and received a message from another member her telling me that the ponies i've paid for including expensive shipping are been shipped with first class by mistake instead of priority...
I cannot take it any longer with sellers that doesn't respects buyers...
I will leave negative feedback and i will write a post about the other seller today.

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
Not all items are scanned. There's one I have on my ebay summary with no tracking number but I've purchased from them before. So I bet it wasn't scanned. Sandy would have effected it and also, this time of the year, postage will be slow because of high rates of post needing to be shipped because of christmas. Not sure if that will help but hopefully..

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
I think the issue that's most important in both of these cases is that the seller has not complied with the buyers wishes. SoSilver has paid the correct amount for a certain type of shipping, and the buyers have not done that. That's very problematic.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 07:55:06 AM »
I think the issue that's most important in both of these cases is that the seller has not complied with the buyers wishes. SoSilver has paid the correct amount for a certain type of shipping, and the buyers have not done that. That's very problematic.

This is the part that concerns me, too.  :(  I hope that SoSilver gets his items soon, and a shipping refund if the items weren't shipped in a EMS/Priority fashion.  It's true that USPS is overloaded and not scanning packages as they should, but sellers should never ship in a different format if money has been exchanged for shipping! 

Keep us updated; I'm sure the mods can lend their talents as well, if need be.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »
If you have a tracking number, the seller did indeed sent the item at least.  I wouldn't worry too much about the pony still being showed in the US, as I've had things show up in the mail at my home when the tracking info still showed that it was in the original post office because nobody bothered to scan it.  And international packages are never as quick as they are supposed to be, because customs likes to take its sweet time (at least in my experience).  It's maddening, but I would think that it's too early to consider your pony lost.  I'm sure that it will arrive soon enough.

I trust that your seller reimbursed you for the difference in shipping?

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal