collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do I do?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
What do I do?
« on: May 02, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »
So I sent in an offer on a rare pony here at the Arena, and from the beginning I said I would have to do it in payments. My offer was accepted, but before I could even send in the first payment, the seller wrote me, saying they had another buyer and was I sure I could pay? I said yes, and then we clarifed shipping price, but now they've written me back AGAIN saying they can't take payments, and need me to pay all at once, and am I sure I want the pony?

Well, I don't want the pony NOW. Frankly, I feel like I'm being bullied out of buying this pony. I had an agreement with the seller, and now they're backing out of it! What should I do? Insist on our orginal argreement, or just give the pony up (won't break my heart) and leave a neutral or negative feedback?

Honestly, I want to leave a negative feedback. Am I justifed in doing so?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »
If you haven't sent the first payment yet, I would say no to the negative. As frustrating as it is for someone to back out of what seemed to be a solid agreement, until money has exchanged hands I don't consider a deal to be set in stone. Leaving a neutral is a possibility, considering that you did have to deal with the hassle. But I would say that depends on how this person went about it. If they were polite and apologetic, and responded quickly to PM's, then I guess I'm not completely sure. Maybe they didn't want to accept a multiple payment agreement in the first place, but were too nice and felt pressured to agree. I would give it a few days and if you're still feeling upset by the way it was handled, then leave the neutral.
If they were slow to respond, short with you, left you in the dark about things, or used an intimidating/impatient tone, then I think a neutral would certainly be acceptable.

I'm sorry you had to go through this :(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:32:57 PM by babystarz »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »
:(  what a disappointing situation for you! I had a similar thing happen to me once and it was upsetting , so I understand to some extent how you feel :hug:  I think babyStarz is right though - since no money exchanged hands yet, then I wouldnt leave a negative. However, it might be worth a neutral depending on how the seller behaved towards you. It sounds like they still gave you the chance to buy the pony -it would have been worse had they just told you they were selling it to someone else, without offering it to you first) .    Perhaps leave it a few days and then take another look at the messages to see if you still feel like they deserve a neutral, or alternately you can let either me or Ponylady take a look at the messages first, before you leave a feedback ;) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
If you wouldn't mind taking a look, Ringlets, I would really appreciate it. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me, and my second trading issue ever, and I don't think English is their first language, which might be confusing the matter even more! I could really use an objective eye on this one. Do I forward you the pm's?

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »
I'm sorry this happened, i can see it must be really frustrating because you had made an agreement with this seller :(
Hope this gets solved!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:55:11 AM »
Jadis, just forward the Pm's to Ringlets and we can go from there.

If English is not their first language things can easily get misinterperated through emails.  I know I have had it happen to me before.  And I usually let someone else read it because since it was I dealing with the person  I took it as rude, when in all actuality it was not. 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
Thanks Jadis :)  I've got the PM's now so me and Ponylady will take a look and let you know what we think :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »
oh hun that is so frustrating :( I had that same thing happen to me. It was a higher priced nirvana that was a grail and the person said I could pay for it on a payment plan. I was getting ready to send the first payment and they contacted me saying they found a buyer that could pay it all up front and they hoped I understood. I was sick as I had waited for that pony for so long. As painful as it is, I have to agree that if funds haven't exchanged hands yet there probably isn't much that can be done. It is poor selling practice for sure though :(

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »
I hope the mods can get this all worked out for you - how upsetting!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal