collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Poor Doll!  (Read 3106 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: My Poor Doll!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
Apanda - I'm not saying that she's a good seller or anything. I really don't know if she tried to be deceitful. It could be she positioned the head on purpose or maybe it just landed that way. Hard to say.

If she did do it on purpose, shame on her. If she didn't, then she's just not very attentive. If people are saying she regularly sells dolls she should know things like that.

But she has fairly decent feedback. Of course, that could just be luck.

But from my experience, auctions with one-liners never really accurately describe an item. I mean, if an item is in "good" or "great" condition and that's all the person mentions, it's safe to assume there are some flaws.

If there are no flaws, then the person would have said "mint".

I've bought from one-liners before and it was always a bad experience. Even when the item was supposedly new! So, I'm just saying, it's better to buy from people that take the time to write out a description.

For example, if a doll is the kind of doll you purchase, they would point out the good and the bad. They would affirm that the stringing or paint or whatever was in good condition. So you can be sure of what you are getting.

I'm just trying to share my experience with some sellers on Ebay and save you some hassle. People that just go "Manny doll in good condition" should be avoided. You might get lucky with some but with collectible items it's always a gamble.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »
Apanda - I'm not saying that she's a good seller or anything. I really don't know if she tried to be deceitful. It could be she positioned the head on purpose or maybe it just landed that way. Hard to say.

If she did do it on purpose, shame on her. If she didn't, then she's just not very attentive. If people are saying she regularly sells dolls she should know things like that.

But she has fairly decent feedback. Of course, that could just be luck.

But from my experience, auctions with one-liners never really accurately describe an item. I mean, if an item is in "good" or "great" condition and that's all the person mentions, it's safe to assume there are some flaws.

If there are no flaws, then the person would have said "mint".

I've bought from one-liners before and it was always a bad experience. Even when the item was supposedly new! So, I'm just saying, it's better to buy from people that take the time to write out a description.

For example, if a doll is the kind of doll you purchase, they would point out the good and the bad. They would affirm that the stringing or paint or whatever was in good condition. So you can be sure of what you are getting.

I'm just trying to share my experience with some sellers on Ebay and save you some hassle. People that just go "Manny doll in good condition" should be avoided. You might get lucky with some but with collectible items it's always a gamble.

Thanks for the advice.  Next time I see an auction I'm intetersted in with a one line description, I will be sure to ask more questions, especially if its expensive.

I'm going to try to fix the head.  The clothes actually have yellow stains on them, so I have to try to get that fixed too.  I might fix up the doll the best I can and hold on to her until I find an upgrade.  After I fix her, I think I could at least get $40 for her. 

I also think I'm going to make a list of questions specifically for baby face dolls, so I can just copy and paste it into an ebay message to ask a seller.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
That's a great idea you have there about copying and pasting.

Like I said earlier about bad experiences I've had so many that it's SUCH a hassle (as I'm sure you found it out to be). You feel like you are being picky when sometimes you're not.

For the record, if I was the seller that sold you the doll I would have thought that you were very nice about it and definitely not have banned you. I don't even believe in partial refunds but every once in a while I do them because the buyer is very genuine and I THE SELLER was wrong. In that case, I think it's fair. I think the way you handled it was as nice as can be as well.

I would have given you what you asked for and then told you I don't usually make mistakes like that. Then I would have hoped that you came back eventually to purchase from me again.

Anything I said about this situation was just to help you weed out the not so professional sellers. There are a lot of them unfortunately :-/ But I think that after they don't sell something for months on end they'll either leave cause they realize Ebaying is a lot of work or fix their errors.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
Update:  I cleaned the doll and her clothes (which were very dirty--took a week of soaking to get them clean).  I have not fixed her head yet.  I bought the kit, but decided to get a beat up baby face doll and practice on her first.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 10:58:43 AM »
She looks great Panda! Almost like new!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »
She looks lovely! well done with the cleaning!! :bigups:  :cheer:  :frolic:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
Too cute! :3 <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 01:28:01 AM »
Wow she looks nice.

Just wondering, wouldn't a week of soaking clothes in water make them fall apart?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal