collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93915 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2023, 10:09:35 AM »
Ponyfan, i hope you figure out what's wrong :hug:

i feel like i'm bouncing all over the place this morning. multiple projects, everything is high priority and everything must be worked on now  :huh: i kind of want to cry from stress.

Rant below

Spoiler
my employer is doing an audit of dependents on their employer healthcare plan to try to kick people off and reduce costs. having healthcare tied to employment is just insane to me. i really get angry about it. especially with employers being able to control what healthcare people can get because of "religious freedom" ie. Hobby Lobby. i know you can pay out of pocket but i don't want my employer to have any say whatsoever in my life outside of work. this country can and should do so much better!! all of this religious freedom stuff has nothing to do with actual religion. it's just a means to control people.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2023, 07:07:13 PM »
Thank you, Beth.

I had a horrible migraine today.  :wail:  I took some Aleve and that dulled the pain a little, but I could still feel it for most of the day.  I felt so bad earlier that I didn't even want to read or play games on the computer.

The cable guy that was supposed to bring our modem today, never showed up.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #512 on: March 21, 2023, 05:04:34 AM »
I agree, Beth. It's really getting out of hand. I'm sorry you're so stressed :(

Ponyfan, migraines are the worst :hug:

My complaint is very trivial. Spotify won't play any music! I went to Down For Everybody (or whatever it's called) and it says Spotify has no issues right now. It opens and everything loads, but when I press the play button, nothing happens. I always listen to music in the morning so this is really bugging me.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2023, 04:13:14 PM »
i felt a little better yesterday. but today it was a never ended stream of calls, messages, emails at work. i didn't get any actual work done so i'm having to do stuff after hours :huh:

BC, do you use Spotify on an iPhone? sometimes turning the phone off and on helps or removing the app and reinstalling as a last resort. if you uninstall you will have to re login and download stuff again.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 22, 2023, 07:31:35 PM »
my leg still itches like craaaaaaaaaaaaazy... the doctor said to keep putting vaseline on it and to not let the scabs crack open.  no scratching!  i have to wrap it in gauze and wear mittens at night so I don't claw at it in my sleep...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2023, 05:13:05 AM »
BC, do you use Spotify on an iPhone? sometimes turning the phone off and on helps or removing the app and reinstalling as a last resort. if you uninstall you will have to re login and download stuff again.

No, on my PC. The issues was with Chrome, I guess, because after I closed it out and reopened it, Spotify worked.

Now I'm having issues with Pluto TV on my PS4. In my bedroom which has a Vizio smart TV, I can pick a channel on Pluto and it continuously plays that channel. On the PS4 app, it stops after each episode and I have to manually play the next one. Very annoying! Especially since I'm watching a show that's only a half hour.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2023, 07:17:48 AM »
Ponyfan, hope you're feeling better :/

@Beth, BC, I admit, I don't understand the American healthcare system. Don't get me wrong, the NHS has some major. MAJOR. problems. But I would be terrified if the UK started adopting insurance/private medical care as the norm, and tying it to employment in that way. It was bad enough during the pandemic when the Govt announced people would be sent to GP hubs for vaccinations and our GP - then 3 minutes walk away - insisted on sending us 10 miles away...no buses and we don't have a car.

My trivial complaint today isn't really a massive complaint, but this morning we had some plants delivered. Two lots, actually. I had just finished getting changed after planting up the first lot when the second lot arrived. So I had to get changed again. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 23, 2023, 03:20:21 PM »
I'm still not feeling well. :(  As much as I don't want to have surgery in the next few months, I know it's better for me in the long run and would make a big difference with a lot of my problems. 

My mom called the cable guy that promised to bring the new modem box on Tuesday.  He apologized for not bringing it on Monday and said he would bring in a few hours.  The guy gave up his lunch hour to set up the modem for us.  Unfortunately, we're still having problems with the Internet blinking in and out several times a day. It's so frustrating. :(  My mom was nice enough to pay for Disney Plus because I told her I felt like I couldn't take on another streaming subscription.  She's made it very clear that she's not going to keep paying for it if we don't watch it, but with the Internet going in and out all of the time, I don't want to deal with trying to use Disney Plus on the Smart TV, only to get kicked off or have to wait for the Internet to come back up so we can continue watching the show.  That's happened several times and really spoils Disney Plus for me because then I become obsessed with wondering if we're going to get kicked off or be able to finish the show.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #518 on: March 23, 2023, 10:49:50 PM »
So you're supposed to walk on the left side on the walkway/road outside. Most people do, but some don't. People are people. On our way home from the grocery store we met a woman on the "wrong" side clearly off in her thoughts and instead of getting out from her way, John just stood fast and refused to move so she almost bumped into him. I tried to move him and he just stood there, smiling and she looked so confused. It was so embarrassing!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2023, 01:46:55 AM »
So you're supposed to walk on the left side on the walkway/road outside. Most people do, but some don't. People are people. On our way home from the grocery store we met a woman on the "wrong" side clearly off in her thoughts and instead of getting out from her way, John just stood fast and refused to move so she almost bumped into him. I tried to move him and he just stood there, smiling and she looked so confused. It was so embarrassing!

In the UK I don't think we really have that rule except in certain places where it's signposted, but we do have cycle tracks and pedestrian paths alongside each other. And cyclists will cycle wherever they want to, irrespective of the markings. It's technically illegal for a cyclist to come up on the pavement here, but they do it and nothing happens.

There was a survey a while back in London that showed over 60% of cyclists there ignore things like red lights and don't give way to pedestrians on crossings where they should be stopping.

Walking behind slow people, or around people who decide to fill the path is annoying...but nothing is as bad as a rogue cyclist. (I say rogue, but the majority of cyclists don't seem to know the highway code).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2023, 05:24:03 AM »
I made an appointment with a neurologist three months ago. They called the day before my appointment to tell me there was a "schedule conflict" and they have to reschedule. Now I have to wait another month. I don't understand how I can have this set up for three months! and then somehow there's a "conflict". But I also know they use phrases like that as code for the doctor taking a personal day or something. I'm pretty upset because I've been trying to see a neurologist for a long time.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2023, 05:57:29 AM »
I'm exhausted.  :zzz: :zzz:  For some reason I couldn't sleep last night and everything I tried to make me sleepy (watching TV, getting on the computer, changing the pillow) didn't work.  I finally fell asleep between 5 and 6 am. 

I was hoping to catch a few more minutes of sleep, but my dad closed a door really hard and the noise was enough to chase the last chance of me being able to go back to sleep away.

I didn't drink caffeine late in the day and I don't think I was really worried or anxious about anything more than usual, so I don't know why sleep was elusive for me last night.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 25, 2023, 12:44:12 PM »
Nothing seems to be going right today. :(  I wanted to pick up a movie at Walmart, but the Walmart I was at today didn't have it on the shelves yet, even though there was a tag for it.

At the same Walmart, I asked if I could get a prescription filled a few days early and the person working the counter said I could.  When I returned to the pharmacy about 30 minutes later to the same person that was working the drop off counter told me they only had a few pills in stock and needed to order the rest.  I understand that, but I wish they  would have told me that when I first asked about the prescription. :( It felt like the whole trip to Walmart was a waste of time since I couldn't even get the movie I wanted.

Also, this morning when I was trying to count days on the calendar to see when I could get my prescription filled, my dad starting talking about refilling one of his prescriptions.  It made me feel like my parents weren't listening to me at all

On top of all that, last night my dad wanted to invite our neighbors from across the street over to eat.  That was fine, but after we ate one of our neighbors noticed all of the movies we have.  I didn't mind him looking at them, but he started taking them off the shelves without asking and then he just put a few back in a random spot because he wasn't paying attention to where they were when he was grabbing them.  I know it sounds petty, but it really rubbed me the wrong way, mainly I guess because he didn't ask before he started going through them.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2023, 01:50:05 PM »
Guests with no sense of boundaries are the worst!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2023, 02:40:59 PM »
Changing the clocks to daylight savings time at night confuses my head again for a while. :dizzy: :zzz:
I want this change of clocks to be stopped soon and we stay in wintertime.  :pout:
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal