collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How would you answer this? Ebay shipping.  (Read 605 times)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
How would you answer this? Ebay shipping.
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:54:07 AM »
I got this from a buyer who won a pony from me, I charge 3.43 for shipping which is clearly shown on the auction. What would you do?

here is the message from the buyer.
Can you send this first class for me to reduce the shipping alittle? It would meet the requirements of being under 13 ounces I am sure. I ship these often. It would be greatly appreciated. Let me know, and I will promptly make the payment. Thanks!

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How would you answer this? Ebay shipping.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »
I don't think there is any way to cheapen the shipping, unless you removed the tracking #. But that is just dangerous.
I'd tell the buyer that that is the cheapest option. Also, maybe mention that when they won the auction they agreed to pay the shipping listed at the auctions end. :)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:20 AM »
First class shipping is usually $2.51 but what the buyer doesn't realize is that sellers also add in cost for packaging and paypal fees, which is what you probably did here. And I would just explain to them that your fees include shipping and packaging and the cost was laid out in the auction and if they won the auction, they were agreeing to pay the cost mentioned. If they give you less than a positive because of your shipping cost, eBay should have your back and you'll be able to get that removed.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »
First class shipping is usually $2.51 but what the buyer doesn't realize is that sellers also add in cost for packaging and paypal fees, which is what you probably did here. And I would just explain to them that your fees include shipping and packaging and the cost was laid out in the auction and if they won the auction, they were agreeing to pay the cost mentioned. If they give you less than a positive because of your shipping cost, eBay should have your back and you'll be able to get that removed.

^^This^^

Also due to eBay's new seller update for August the below, quoted below is in effect for all transactions.
Shipping cost and communication detailed seller ratings will no longer count toward your performance rating. This will protect you from low ratings for shipping cost even though the shipping charges are shown to the buyer right up front when they purchase an item.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 02:40:44 PM »
I think that price is more than fair for shipping first class. I agree with bluerose9978, I would just send a polite message saying that shipping prices are non-negotiable as they are clearly stated in the listing and cover not only the actual shipping cost but also packing materials and eBay's cut on shipping costs (which is at least 10% I think).

Was also just about to post about the shipping cost ratings as no longer affecting a seller's status but ponylady beat me to it :) You can read the new criteria for rating seller performance here if you are interested: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2014/sellerstandards.html

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
Thank you everyone  for the help  :)

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »
I hope everything works out! :)

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
that's friggen cheap shipping in the first place! goodluck
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal