collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you buy TAF variants of any G1 line?  (Read 952 times)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Would you buy TAF variants of any G1 line?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
I think it really depends on the pony and symbol type. The TAF ponies that I love all seem to have self-contained symbols - a star, a strawberry, a butterfly, a.. piece of food... just repeated over and over again. Night Glider has more complexity but it all fits together and looks nice because it's the whole night sky. I think a fair few of the regular ponies would need their symbols changed, rearranged or added to so it doesn't look weird as a repeating pattern. Someone like Twilight who just has stars could easily be converted to full-body symbols, and I think she would look really good, like Brazilian Milky Way. But someone like Moondancer who has a tiny cluster of stars around a moon would need it to be more spread out.

Although I would probably bite for any SS pony made NSS, even if they become TAF in the process! Their colour schemes are so vibrant and gorgeous, I want to see more of them no matter what. Imagine what a TAF Scrumptious, Hippity Hop or Twist would look like... :dribble:

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »
Hasbro isn't going to come back and remake any G1s as TAFs. The only way TAF variants of G1s will happen is as customs and there are indeed people making and selling TAF versions of G1s. Sometimes they were once really bad condition G1s or with different gen bases but they are still based on TAF variants of G1s. I think this is a better question for the customs forum tho.

This post confuses me.. no one is saying Hasbro will start remaking G1s??? It's just a hypothetical question o__o;
We know this dear. I don't see Hasbro ever remaking the G1 mold full sized. I was REALLY shocked they remade the itty bitty firefly!

I, like others, think it would depend on the pony and its symbol. Princesses, Glory, Moondancer...I don't think it would look good on them. But I  think it would look cute on Masquerade and Applejack
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:29:19 PM by brittney_rochelle »

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 07:12:01 PM »
Those with "cluster" symbols where it's a bunch of the same basic shape would make fine TAFs.  Ponies with complex symbols wouldn't.  North Star wouldn't look good as a TAF at all.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Now I need to see a scrumptious TAF, lol..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 12:17:06 AM »
Hasbro isn't going to come back and remake any G1s as TAFs. The only way TAF variants of G1s will happen is as customs and there are indeed people making and selling TAF versions of G1s. Sometimes they were once really bad condition G1s or with different gen bases but they are still based on TAF variants of G1s. I think this is a better question for the customs forum tho.

This post confuses me.. no one is saying Hasbro will start remaking G1s??? It's just a hypothetical question o__o;
We know this dear. I don't see Hasbro ever remaking the G1 mold full sized. I was REALLY shocked they remade the itty bitty firefly!

I, like others, think it would depend on the pony and its symbol. Princesses, Glory, Moondancer...I don't think it would look good on them. But I  think it would look cute on Masquerade and Applejack

TAF Glory and Moondancer have been done as customs already. There have actually been a bunch of TAF variant customs done before.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sharnofshade

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 01:39:03 AM »
Out of all the TAF ponies Hasbro ever released (not counting babies), only two were remakes rather than new characters (Sundance and Buttons - and Buttons is arguably a case of a reused name rather than a remake, since her colours and symbol changed so much). I'd buy TAF remakes as long as they kept a similar ratio of remakes to new ponies - none of this "here is a set of six remakes and zero new characters" nonsense that they've latched onto with G3 and G4.

In my opinion, interesting set themes should come first, then the possibility of remaking older ponies in those themes. Modern design seems to be 'what can we change to make them buy a thirtieth version of Pony X?', which is just too baldly capitalist for me.

Do you have this playset, with these accessories? Are you interested in selling them?
I'm interested in buying! Check my wanted thread :lovey:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 12:49:11 PM »
I'd prefer completely new characters over remakes too. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal