collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »
(Mods, if you feel this would be better on one of the doll collecting boards or main pony corral, please move this thread)

Okay, so Hasbro has created a new line of dolls the spun off of MLP, called Equestria Girls, in order to compete with Bratz and Monster High. Now, I can see the logic in that, as MLP is thier best selling girl product. But if my foggy memory serves me, there are two very neglected doll franchises that Hasbro owns, that I think would do wonders in this crazy age of Hasbro revivals;

One is Truly, Truly, Truly outrageous

The other actually once ran side by side with pony- and no, you're not Dreamin'

Jem and the Moondreamers- ethier one of these could have made a SMASHING comeback! Could you imagine Moondeamers revamped into a line of monster high-esque dolls? With a sailor moon-esque show? And Jem! She could be redone into a modern pop star with a secret identidy, keeping certain elements of what made her great! Christy Marx, the head writer on the original Jem (who I feel was the Luren Fust of an earlier generation of Writers on the 80's hasbro shows) has been dying to come back and retell Jem's story!

So, let me ask you, the doll collecters on this site- which would you have rather seen? Equestria Girls, or one of the two hasbro classics revived. Not kncoking Equestria girls for what it is, just curious.

[moving to Pony Corral ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:55:54 PM by Firehooves »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Dyzarktarzk

Re: To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »
I'd LOVE to have a Jem doll sometime.

With how things have been, I think she'll do way better than Moondreamers (I only have the lion x 2).  But, why not the two?

Ianthe99

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:47:37 PM »

Offline Firehooves

• G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
There is a rather expensive Jem remake line,,

http://www.integritytoys.com/jemandtheholograms/collection-hollywood-jem.php

Yeeaaah, but I was thinking a mainstream doll line, with updated fashions and music, with a new cartoon.

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »
Oh come on, i get that not everyone likes Equestria Girls but does this really need to keep on going?
I never watched Jem or Moondreamers or played with any of the toys. I'm not sure how popular they were over here. I don't have any recollection of those franchises myself and i can't say i have any desire to watch any of it now. I prefer the icky "humans transformed from a bunch of horses".

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 03:18:37 PM »
I like the Equestria Girls but I would enjoy seeing what they might come up with for a revamp of Moondreamers :)  I don't have any recollection of that show but I like the idea of glow in the dark dolls!

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
I'm not into EG, but that's mostly because I haven't seen in person (who knows, maybe seeing one RL will make me fall for them XD).

But still, getting an 'updated version' of them will be nice to see (I'm still angry I couldn't find a single one Rainbow Brite doll...)

Ianthe99, I forgot completely about them =X 

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »
Oh come on, i get that not everyone likes Equestria Girls but does this really need to keep on going?
I never watched Jem or Moondreamers or played with any of the toys. I'm not sure how popular they were over here. I don't have any recollection of those franchises myself and i can't say i have any desire to watch any of it now. I prefer the icky "humans transformed from a bunch of horses".

No need to be so rude to the OP.   alot of us DID grow up with jem and moondreamers. 

On topic:  i would love for hasbro to release some remakes of the moondreamers :)  i loved their glow in the dark hair and accessories.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »
I love Equestria Girls. Honestly couldn't care less for Jem or whatever else. But opinions are opinions.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 03:54:29 PM »
It is frustrating to hear over and over "Oh ew Equestria Girls." Why does it have to be either/or? Since it's all hypothetical anyway, why can't we have both--those who like the older toys get what they want, those who like the newer toys get what they want, everyone's happy.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
It is frustrating to hear over and over "Oh ew Equestria Girls." Why does it have to be either/or? Since it's all hypothetical anyway, why can't we have both--those who like the older toys get what they want, those who like the newer toys get what they want, everyone's happy.

I like this!  I would love to see remakes but I also think the deluxe EQG girls are lovely :)

Offline CJFullmer

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »
I only started to get into the Moondreamers when the line was dying out. I really enjoyed the dolls and their glowing hair. (In fact they were the only non-MLP type doll that I really played with.) I agree that there are some very creative ways for them to be revamped for a more modern look. Would be cool.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
As much as I would love to see MoonDreamers revived, I don't think it would do very well today without some major changes. Which would be totally fine by me, but I don't really trust anyone to do it right. It's so obviously 80s. Of course, Jem is extremely 80s too, but the basic concept seems more easily updated than MoonDreamers.

And Firehooves did say EqG is a logical thing for Hasbro to do, just that they had other options already. I think it'd be nice to have seen those explored.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »
Moondreamers.

I loved Moondreamers even more than MLP as a child. And I still do and I would be crazy about a new doll line for them. Or Lady Lovely Locks, or Rainbow brite.

*sigh*
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 04:04:30 PM »
As much as I would love to see MoonDreamers revived, I don't think it would do very well today without some major changes. Which would be totally fine by me, but I don't really trust anyone to do it right. It's so obviously 80s. Of course, Jem is extremely 80s too, but the basic concept seems more easily updated than MoonDreamers.

And Firehooves did say EqG is a logical thing for Hasbro to do, just that they had other options already. I think it'd be nice to have seen those explored.
Could do without the "ick" in the op. :/ It'd be nice if we could respect the people who do like EQG while talking about other options.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal