collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Prototype/First Shot Pony- the grey one... on Taobao right now  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Prototype/First Shot Pony- the grey one... on Taobao right now
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »
My Ditzy Doo came in today and unfortunately she does appear to be the normal SDCC version, not the big eye two-toned hair prototype :‹ Rather disappointing. I just hope the return process will be less bumpy than my ordering process turned out to be.

Oh no!! :( Can I ask which seller you bought them from? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and although the pictures looked promising... sigh. I will continue to hope for a prototype, but it may be a lost hope.
I'll PM you in a second.

I just looked at the listing again and it looks like they changed the pictures (which I didn't think was possible if someone already bought one). The new pictures are of normal SDCC Ditzy, but scrolling down through description I saw one of the original pictures, which displays prototype Ditzy.

ETA: I checked my order on TaoBaoNow and the picture shown is the old one of the prototype, so now I'm certain it wasn't just an oops at my looking at the pictures.

Ahh ... yep, just checked mine, it's the same listing. :( So they're not prototypes, just ... previously un-sold SDCC ponies? Hmm. Well, I wanted another one anyway, so I'll probably keep mine. It's just a shame they had the wrong photo up, I'm sure it confused a lot of people.

Still, I really hope it was an honest mistake, cuz adding pictures of the less-sought-after version after the fact... that's shady. >:I
LESS sought after?! AM I the only one that would kill for SDCC Pony?!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:59 AM »
My Ditzy Doo came in today and unfortunately she does appear to be the normal SDCC version, not the big eye two-toned hair prototype :‹ Rather disappointing. I just hope the return process will be less bumpy than my ordering process turned out to be.

Oh no!! :( Can I ask which seller you bought them from? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, and although the pictures looked promising... sigh. I will continue to hope for a prototype, but it may be a lost hope.
I'll PM you in a second.

I just looked at the listing again and it looks like they changed the pictures (which I didn't think was possible if someone already bought one). The new pictures are of normal SDCC Ditzy, but scrolling down through description I saw one of the original pictures, which displays prototype Ditzy.

ETA: I checked my order on TaoBaoNow and the picture shown is the old one of the prototype, so now I'm certain it wasn't just an oops at my looking at the pictures.

Ahh ... yep, just checked mine, it's the same listing. :( So they're not prototypes, just ... previously un-sold SDCC ponies? Hmm. Well, I wanted another one anyway, so I'll probably keep mine. It's just a shame they had the wrong photo up, I'm sure it confused a lot of people.

Still, I really hope it was an honest mistake, cuz adding pictures of the less-sought-after version after the fact... that's shady. >:I
LESS sought after?! AM I the only one that would kill for SDCC Pony?!

Well, yeah! I mean, she's still sought after, but less so than her prototype version? Like, Mimic is super sought-after and wanted, but a super-rare prototype version of Mimic would be even more HTF! 
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
Alas thats the risk you take with Taobao - often what you think you are getting it not what it turns out to be :(

I am sure you ll find a new home for her though - there are always people on the look out!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »
False advertising I'd say... if you were looking for that particular version, you'd expect to receive what's in the picture.  I don't think sellers have user names on Taobao the same way as Ebay, though, right? 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
False advertising I'd say... if you were looking for that particular version, you'd expect to receive what's in the picture.  I don't think sellers have user names on Taobao the same way as Ebay, though, right? 

Not really false advertising - it works the same way as alibaba and similar sites. As a buyer you should know thats the way the website works - its standard practice on such sites.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
False advertising or not, I think the seller isn't planning to give out any refunds. I just got a message back from my agent and according to the seller they're the same pony, but the shooting and lighting just makes it seem like a different version :/ No matter how I look at them, the pictures are very clearly different ponies (You can even see the white slice in the eye gradient in the prototype pictures, something the normal version doesn't have), but there's really nothing to be done now.

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 02:09:21 AM »
Thats a shame but I am sure you ll be able to re sell her here or on ebay if you need to.

Edit: As a quick thought - I am not sure if when you mention her "arriving" if thats her arriving with you or with the agent. If it is with you, then you can ask your agent to take a picture of the item when it arrives with them and before it is shipped on to you. I do that when ordering from Taobao as it both assures you are getting the right thing and then makes returning, if its possible, easier. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:14:05 AM by hathorcat »
Loa is my love god!

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:39 AM »
I might ask my friend to get me one from Taoboa if there are still some left after some auctions end. Im watching a few on ebay right now around the same total price as the Taobao one. Does the Taobao one come with the box or does she just come in a plastic bag? Id love to get the adorable box too but id be happy with a loose one if its affordable! ^-^ Shame its not the prototype version, those eyes are adorable! ♥

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »
I might ask my friend to get me one from Taoboa if there are still some left after some auctions end. Im watching a few on ebay right now around the same total price as the Taobao one. Does the Taobao one come with the box or does she just come in a plastic bag? Id love to get the adorable box too but id be happy with a loose one if its affordable! ^-^ Shame its not the prototype version, those eyes are adorable! ♥

She comes in a plastic bag.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal