Pony Talk > Pony Corral

characters that should have toys but don't

<< < (6/6)

MJNSEIFER:

--- Quote from: Kitcatepic on April 23, 2024, 07:45:28 AM ---blue thunders (or whatever that one pegasus band was called I dont remember)

--- End quote ---
"Electric Blue" is the name of the pegasus band - "Blue Thunders" is what Lauren thought The Wonderbolts were going to be called.

And yeah, while I hardly ever keep up with G4 onwards toylines (so I may end up thinking that a character never had a toy when they they did) I do feel that G4 and G5 have several choices of who to make toys out of, rather than just focusing on the mane characters.

I think the Student Six were underused in the G4 toyline, despite being kind of a big-ish deal in the show (like they almost felt like they could have been the main characters in a spin off that didn't exist, or something...)

I'm surprised that neither Ruby Jubilee or The Dreamlands had any G5 toys made for them, given that they were created for the 40th Anniversary (I'm assuming for The Dreamlands, but they have to be!), but even on their own they work as toys (especially Kitcatepic's suggestion of Ruby being a singing toy or something.)

Agree on G1 ponies like Knightshade and the Tales boys making sense as toys - the fact that they're ponies even makes it sound like Hasbro had no excuse...

And yeah, I see the appeal of wanting villain toys as well - G1 Tirek in my opinion really seems like a character who should have a toy of him somewhere, but apparently he doesn't...

Also, this doesn't really fit here, as it's not a character, but I feel that a toy based on G4.5 Twilight's star projector in Pony Life would have been beautiful.  :lovey:

Leave a Whisper:
I wanted the Tales boys,  and the remaining G3 unicorns and pegasus 

lovesbabysquirmy:
toy manufacturing has changed so much over the past 40 years...

ThePoneZone:
G1 Villains (I would've loved a Tirac and Catrina toy), Knight Shade, all of the boys from Tales, G3 unicorns and pegasi  (every day I yearn for feeling flitter ; -;) and Sombra.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version