collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So an eBay seller just asked me to call them.  (Read 407 times)

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
So an eBay seller just asked me to call them.
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:44 AM »
I know, wait...what?

Yup. Basically said for me to call them because they need help. I don't want to call you. I don't want to discuss things without a "paper trail" in case something comes up. Why would this happen? What possible thing can only be done over the phone?

At this point, I'm gonna write them back and ask what they want because I would rather discuss things by email and I'm hoping he just goofed somehow.

Anyway, sent message. If I'm lucky, this won't go anywhere bad. If not...well, we may have a fun thread on our hands!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So an eBay seller just asked me to call them.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
I agree there is nothing that could be said over the phone that couldn't be easily said through messaging.  Sounds like a good idea to have a paper trail.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »
I had a problem with a seller one time and he called me (much to my surprise lol) I guess it's more of a direct way to solve problems than emails back and forth :) A lot of times I would rather talk to someone than wait for messages so it can be resolved fast so perhaps that's what the person is wanting?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:51:03 AM »
He wrote me back. Evidently eBay was glitching and shoved free shipping and he couldn't get rid of it so he thought I could help.

I just don't know why'd you ask a buyer who may have never sold anything instead of, I dunno, eBay support.

I'm just glad it was nothing like "Oh crap, the dog thought your item was food!"

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 03:21:13 AM »
I havent had that happen myself but  know it gives you the option if a  case is opened for the other person to be able to contact you by phone (I always say no TBH - you just dont know if the person is a crazy :P )  , and sometimes when you buy or sell something I've seen the persons phone number show up on the order details . Thats prolly how they can sometimes get your number and randomly call you.    Personally I prefer to talk via email, but I guess something *might* be resolved quicker by phone. The thing your seller was having trouble with was something ebay needed to sort out though I think, so they needed to talk to ebay via phone if anyone .
 Currently I have a buyer who is having issues paying me due to some ebay glitch. We've been talking but we cant solve it ourselves so I called ebay yesterday on the phone and hopefully they've sorted it now. :awake:

I'm just glad it was nothing like "Oh crap, the dog thought your item was food!"
sorry but this made me -->  :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:23:12 AM by Ringlets »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »
I had a buyer call me last week because I had entered the wrong tracking # through ebay and they thought their package was delivered to OH when they live in ID lol. Woops! but we got it worked out and it was delivered to them the next day with the correct tracking # lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal