collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slow Payers  (Read 796 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Slow Payers
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »
Has anybody noticed that ebay buyers lately are getting slower to pay? I've had a few excellent ones and a few where they leave it 5-6 days before paying (the point at which I am preparing to open a case).

Over £3.99 items too (not ponies) so not exactly the earth! I bet I get low stars on dispatch time for the most recent one because they paid at 11am on a Friday - well I work and don't get on ebay whilst I'm there, so I didn't know to send their item. And because it's going courier, it can't go until Monday.

*sigh*

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Slow Payers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »
I noticed that as well.

Normally I give all buyers a time frame of 7 days for payment at ebay. And when someone need a few more days they must only contact me.
But these buyers don't anthing - you can message them several times and no reply..

When you open a claim after 9 or 10 days without any communication - they mostly pay 2-3 just close to the deadline until they would get a note by ebay...

That sucks! But as a seller it's always ypur loose at good old ebay...

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
I feel your pain.  :(
I have actually thought about switching my payment deadline so that immediate payment is required.

But I don't want to hurt my good paying customers because of a few bad eggs.  So I sit and wait it out most of the time.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
I hear you, I'm dealing with a slow payer right now. Going on fourth week without payment now..  :huh:
I usually don't really mind as long as they stay in contact and pay eventually, but this is getting ridiculous. At what point should one give up and put item up for sale again?
-

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »
I have had the same problem. Honestly if they would only communicate and let me know when they plan on paying I wouldnt mind waiting. Its the non-paying, no communication whatsoever bidders that drive me nuts.
Ebay also seems to be infested with non paying bidders right now.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »
Yes, I have found this trend since sellers can't leave negatives anymore. I have also found a big trend in customers expecting way too much for a tiny price, I try to start all my auctions off as low as possible, pretty much the lowest I can let them go for to make my money back, sometimes not even that. Ebay needs to seriously look at changing their rules, there are way too many people out there that bid and aren't willing to pay.

Also I have noticed a huge increase in people bidding and never paying for the item, or wanting to cancel the transaction due to a lame excuse, I have had quiet a few tell me their child / younger sibling have bid on their account because they left it open & unlocked. Seriously, change your password & log out if you walk away! I have my parents living with me, and my dad has accidentally purchased from my account before just thinking it was his, I didn't message the seller and say "oh sorry, can you cancel this, I left my account unlocked lol" I told dad to pay for it through his paypal and when the item came in I would give it to him. It's seriously not the sellers fault, so why should they be punished for it?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
Yes, I think slow payers and non paying bidders on ebay are now rife.

Recently I waited 10 days for someone to pay - sent them 3 messages, the first couple to make everything was ok and they were still purchasing and then the last one to apologise but saying that I was going to open a NPB - I didnt get one single response from them on any message. So I opened a NPB and then they paid 1 day before the NPB would have closed...I then worried the whole time to see if they were going to leave low feedback as revenge for the opening of the NPB thankfully they havent left anything yet. I do think as soon as NPB is opened that should be the end of it, the buyer shouldnt then be able to make payment as the pressure then all falls on the seller! Grrrr...

The sum up after all my waffling there is...that I get where you are coming from!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:39 AM »
It winds me up. I wouldn't dream of doing it so I guess I can't understand why these people do.

Sometimes I'll win something and then fire off a question to the seller - like I'd be bidding on several of their auctions and if they ended a few days apart, were they OK to wait so that the postage could be combined? But I'd always ask, not just keep silent about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal