collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What's your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Turkey
4 (36.4%)
Stuffing
1 (9.1%)
Mashed potatoes and gravy
1 (9.1%)
Cranberries
1 (9.1%)
Green bean casserole
2 (18.2%)
Yams
1 (9.1%)
Pumpkin or pecan pie
1 (9.1%)
Something else?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Happy US Thanksgiving!  (Read 239 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Happy US Thanksgiving!
« on: November 24, 2022, 06:05:09 AM »
It's Thanksgiving in the US today :) I'm not celebrating because everyone is scattered about right now.

Do you have any traditions or secret family recipes that are done on this day? Are you cooking for today? What are you thankful for?

My mom's yams are a secret special recipe. She hasn't made them in years though. They're very high in sugar but for once a year it's a nice treat! I'm actually making lasagna today :P If I can't have yams, then I guess it'd be my mom's homemade from scratch mashed potatoes but again, she hasn't made them that way in years. So I guess I would pick the green bean casserole. I usually make that one :biggrin: I stick to the original recipe, without the soy sauce and cheese or whatever they are putting in it now-a-days.

I'm thankful I still have my parents :heart: I'm also thankful for my cat :lovey:

Whatever you are doing today, in the US or not, I hope it's a wonderful day for you and yours :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Happy US Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 06:08:32 AM »
 Between horrible traffic and my getting sick yesterday my husband and I are just spending Thanksgiving at home together with some KFC. My mom usually makes broccoli casserole. Been a tradition for years. My Grandma  on my dad's side used to make this spicy German potato stuffing every year and now my mom makes it for my dad since my Grandma has passed on so it's nice my mom is keeping that alive for him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »
we haven't been doing the big family thanksgiving since my grandmother passed on. now that my parents are old I do all of the thanksgiving cooking. i do a more traditional meal with turkey, oyster stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, carrots, . i do not make gravy from scratch. the green bean casserole is a more updated version without the fried onions and canned soup since my parents don't like the old school version. i still think the old school version is delicious though :) i added mac and cheese because my dad likes it. i also do an appetizer spread with cheeses, salsa, dip, chips and deviled eggs. and i buy pecan and pumpkin pies. since i'm terrible at following the directions required for baking. it's all exhausting but worth it for all of the leftovers. at least now my parents live close so i'm not trying to take care of house guests and cook and clean. my partner helps out but when i'm cooking i want everyone out of the way!

it's also been 2 years since we did thanksgiving with my parents. i like the food but it was nice to have a couple of years off.

spicy german potato stuffing sounds really good.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:01:46 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 05:00:07 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving also! We did not do anything today. I am just tired of always hosting and said not this year! It was a great way to spend the day! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal