collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Miku Expo 2016!  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Miku Expo 2016!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
More dates were added!  :lol:
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »
More dates were added!  :lol:

Cool, but none that are any closer to me. :(

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 11:17:26 PM »
I absolutely love Miku!  Too bad on the dates though; I'm already going to A-kon in June so my convention fund is dried up for now. 

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 06:08:34 PM »
Concert tour in US starts TODAY!~   :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 09:13:59 PM »
I saw Miku!!! I didn't have time to finish my costume. Oh well, maybe for Halloween! The experience was amazing! It's been a dream of mine for a long time.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 12:02:34 AM »
I'd reaally love to go, it looks a lot of fun! Unfortunately, not enough fun to justify dropping a good £1000 on a plane ticket for. I'll have to see if I can arrange my Quebec trip in 2017 to coincide, though it's earlier in the year than I was hoping for  >_<

Maybe London next year, GSC?
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 02:29:52 PM »
I saw Miku!!! I didn't have time to finish my costume. Oh well, maybe for Halloween! The experience was amazing! It's been a dream of mine for a long time.
Tell us more, tell us more! :D I won't be able to go, so I need to live vicariously through those who are able to! I'm so jealous that you got to go and see her!

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »
Tell us more, tell us more! :D I won't be able to go, so I need to live vicariously through those who are able to! I'm so jealous that you got to go and see her!

Hehehe, I was like this. My hubby and I showed up at the WAMU Theater... all day I couldn't relax until the concert, I was so excited. I passed some time by playing Project Diva F. I hoped that some of the songs would be performed live.

When we got there, an hour before the show, there was a huge line! It was OK, though, it was thankfully not cold or windy (common evening conditions in the spring in Seattle!). I saw a lot of people in cosplay, including someone dressed as a giant leek. I wished I had completed my costume!

The opening act was Anamanaguchi, and they were great! Then Miku's band was setting up and everyone got excited.

When Miku appeared on stage, the front two sections stood up to cheer and never sat back down for the rest of the show! She was projected on to a huge screen on the stage. Behind her, live footage of the crowd was projected, like a mirror. Through some magic of projection, the real stage lighting, and the lighting on her character model, she REALLY looked like she was standing on the stage! Not on the screen, which you could barely see, but standing in front of it. It was amazing. She moved so fluidly while she danced, and light would catch her boots when she passed in front of the stage lights, she really looked real.

All of the vocaloids made an appearance! My favorites are Miku and the twins, Rin and Len. Many people in the audience had special light sticks that could change color. They would change the color to match the Vocaloid or Miku's outfit, and were mostly waving them in sync! It was really mesmerizing. The staff gave us free glow sticks, which was a good idea, but this was so cool!

Mike changed outfits a bit. She had wings at one point, and floated up above the stage. It was magical. She also went underwater. All the visuals were amazing. Check out this video of Ten Thousand Stars: https://youtu.be/I5V1TwewnFk

I teared up a few times. Miku may be a virtual idol, but I still feel an emotional connection! And her band was amazing, they really rocked!

She also did an "Encore" - it was totally planned, but it was still a nice touch. And fun to get to hear even more Miku!

(I can post the song list later if I can remember them all. I also got the Miku Expo CD but I don't think it has all the songs that were performed).

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »
Aaaah, that sounds amazing! The video is cool, but one day I need to experience this for myself! It would be great if you could post the song list. I plan to order the CD, but I kinda figured it wouldn't have all of the songs from the performance...

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 11:29:32 PM »
To those who went, how was it?

I went to Dallas and it was amazing! Everyone went crazy when Miku came up on the stage and the place was basically packed! We had so much fun I wish I could go again!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »
My mom is in TX right now (I think she's in Dallas, too!) and I was trying so hard to find a way to go with her so I could go see Miku, but it was not in the cards for me. Wind~Whistler, tell us more! What songs did she sing? I'm wondering if they change the setlist at all or if it's the same at all of the expos...

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 03:40:40 PM »
I didn't get to go to the one in Dallas, but she will come back sometime soon enough! Hahah maybe next year, ive been saying that for a few years now xD My best friend went there last month and he was saying at one part of the concert Miku had wings and flown or something of the sort, he was saying she looked like she was real!

Also anyone who is going or went, I keep hearing about this amazing Miku jacket that is being sold at the venues! My friend bought the awesome tshirt and wallet, i want to see just how cute this jacket with chibi miku really is!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:44:07 PM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal