collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 4 Speed Restoration Update* Finished  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
4 Speed Restoration Update* Finished
« on: March 30, 2022, 11:29:50 PM »
Adding you can view pics on the first post or the last post...

4 Speed's Before & After Pics
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BArWC8ao8wsF8icf7

Hello Everyone!
I'm going to restore Big brother 4 Speed soon. I was planning on repainting him but what is "Salon 40 Creme" in order to do a Sun fade? He has cancer spots and I'm planning on Re-rooting His hair to the original color. If anyone has any tips on sunfading Cancer spots please let me know or know of ways to stop cancer from spreading would be a great help!

I have pics of him before I start the restoration. he is missing part of his ear so I have Apoxie sculpt to help me with that. I'm new to that any advice for that would be great too!

I'm going to make decals for his symbol and eyes. cheating yes but it will look great at the end.

the color paint i have next to him should dry slightly darker so what do you think of the color he is blue - er between the legs under him and on top he is faded really bad & dirty.

about my painting technique do you think its good quality??? Here is a custom that I made for my Cousins friend
I never heard of this particular pony before so it must be one of there Personas I made for them. I never actually asked.

General Hayley Custom
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NaJ3F4Fgz2N83R7H6

turns out the fixed eyes pic is slightly blurry for Gen- Hayley

« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 05:46:53 PM by Starflashbaby »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: 4 Speed Restoration asking Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 02:32:43 AM »
Salon 40 Creme is this - https://www.amazon.com/Salon-Care-Creme-Developer-ounce/dp/B004OKDW20

I have never used it so I have no personal experience. I would just do what it says in the MLP Preservation page. I don't think I've ever painted a pony with age spots, so I don't know if they will eventually come through the paint.

The chunk out of his ear should be easy to replace. You'll want to take a small ball of the apoxie and shape it. Then, to secure it, blend the edges into the ear. You can use plain water for smoothing.

I think the paint you have might be a little too blue. I would use a cool grey color and mix some of the blue into it. Making custom colors can be intimidating but I think you'll be happier with the result. If not, the color you picked out is very nice on its own :)

Your painting on the custom is really smooth! Remember, the trick to nice paint is lots of thin layers. Make sure the paint is completely dry between layers. Brush strokes are normal for the first few but they should go away once you've gotten a few layers on.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 12:56:17 PM »
Hey BlackCurtains
So thats Salon 40 Creme but now I'm wondering if those are age spots on him or cancer spots on 4 Speed. I was thinking cancer but now that you mention age spots yeah I'll have to re look at the MLP Preservation page again.

I will Have to remember to use water with the apoxie to smooth it out Thanks for the tip.

That was my very first custom I wasn't so sure earlier but I have confidence I can paint 4Speed now Thank you!!! Thanks for the Painting tip also!!

Edit: I just found out that age spots and cancer spots are the same in the MLP Preservation Page. So I'll still be needing that Salon 40 Creme Thanks BlackCurtains for showing me the link!  :biggrin:

Edit again: Is it worth doing this step of Sun fading if I'm going to end up painting him? now I'm questioning myself....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 01:11:26 PM by Starflashbaby »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 02:37:19 PM »
You're welcome :)

Personally I think that if you're going to paint him, sunfading isn't necessary. There is a small chance the age spots might eventually bleed through the paint but if it were me, I'd paint him anyway.

It might be the lighting but the spots on your boy don't look too bad, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 07:34:34 PM »
You're welcome :)

Personally I think that if you're going to paint him, sunfading isn't necessary. There is a small chance the age spots might eventually bleed through the paint but if it were me, I'd paint him anyway.

It might be the lighting but the spots on your boy don't look too bad, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok I won't bother doing it then just paint him then. I'll do like you said by adding some grey to the paint and see if that will match him. :D
Oh BlackCurtains I added the symbol & updated the eyes to 4 Speeds Restoration page up top can you let me know if the Little truck symbol is ok to put on the restored 4Speed or does it need more work?

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 08:26:04 PM »
For the nick in his ear, you could also use air-dry clay, since the issue is very small. It's easier to work with and get your hands on some. Most craft store sell them. There's a high chance it wouldn't stick to the vinyl after it dries, but nothing a tiny drop of glue can't handle. If you're not satisfied with the result, it's easy to remove. ^^
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »
For the nick in his ear, you could also use air-dry clay, since the issue is very small. It's easier to work with and get your hands on some. Most craft store sell them. There's a high chance it wouldn't stick to the vinyl after it dries, but nothing a tiny drop of glue can't handle. If you're not satisfied with the result, it's easy to remove. ^^

Thank you RoseNoire for the Tip! I might have to use that if the Apoxie don't work well  :biggrin:

P.S I just opened up 4Speed up and cleaned out the rust. the tail is really rusty is it ok for me to throw it out or does anyone want it? (I should probably put it in a baggy so I can measure it later) anyways I added a pic of him opened and the paint bottle next to him and they look very very similar Note I did not start painting him yet.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 09:47:27 PM »
The truck symbol looks great!

Your paint matches perfectly. I guess I've never seen a fully blue 4 Speed before. After seeing that comparison I'd just use the blue as is.

It's up to you what you do with the tail. Do you ever meet up with other pony people, like conventions? If so, you could keep it and hand it off to someone else. Personally, I'm hesitant to throw away tails unless they're really, really bad.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 09:05:43 AM »
The truck symbol looks great!

Your paint matches perfectly. I guess I've never seen a fully blue 4 Speed before. After seeing that comparison I'd just use the blue as is.

It's up to you what you do with the tail. Do you ever meet up with other pony people, like conventions? If so, you could keep it and hand it off to someone else. Personally, I'm hesitant to throw away tails unless they're really, really bad.

OOPS I had the washer and tail in my hand I got distracted and Poof they both went into the trash I just now went to retrieve it there's no saving it now it really stinks bad!!!!! :blink: Sorry everyone... :blush:

I don't go to conventions very often but I could have kept it on hand for someone who might be missing a tale.  :huh:

You know mom has this dawn that is realllly powerful I'll give it a washing... I'll let you know if its worth saving yet...

Edit the tail is saved! it smells like Coco nut shampoo now but still has some stains in it from the rust. That can come out when I get Rit Rust remover.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 09:36:18 AM by Starflashbaby »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 06:12:30 AM »
Good news! :D

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Restoration asking Questions
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 05:32:40 PM »
I changed this topic to Restoration asking questions so it's not just about 4 Speed
While I was restoring 4Speed I was thinking about my Brazilian Shady her plastic is continuing to turn clear 1 eye is droopy and her symbols is fine on one side but the plastic I'm afraid it's going to deteriorate at this rate! I think I should try using "salon 40 cream" and stop the growth.... she was bald when I got her and I Re-rooted her a different blond than she was supposed to be so that I'm going to redo now that I'm better at re-rooting hair. I'm thinking of redoing the symbols and the one eye as well. I hope that is OK with everyone I don't want to break any pony rules but this girl needs help. I don't plan on selling her for more money than I originally brought her for in the future.. personally she is for me in my collection I just want her to look nice and well not deteriorate herself or any other pony next to her lol
So keeping that fact in mind of "being in my collection" what would you think about me painting her hot pink again after I stopped the growths in the plastic?  :lookround:
Don't throw too many fakies at me I'm a delicate soul  :shy: "running for cover"

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 10:40:53 PM »
You'll get no judgment from me :) She is your pony to do with as you wish. You seem to be aware of her status, but she does sound pretty bad off. I have restored two Argies and have another one that needs hair and a symbol touch up. So if you want to paint and rehair her, go for it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 09:46:01 AM »
You'll get no judgment from me :) She is your pony to do with as you wish. You seem to be aware of her status, but she does sound pretty bad off. I have restored two Argies and have another one that needs hair and a symbol touch up. So if you want to paint and rehair her, go for it.

That's true ^.^
Here is Brazilian Shady as she is now... The hair is terrible it was my first try and I was horrible at it.... But I'm better at it now...  ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDKS8ta9HcV8EGfG9

Hopefully the salon 40 cream can stop some of this growth in the plastic....

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2022, 10:24:41 AM »
Yikes! :crazy: That's one of the worst I've ever seen in terms of discoloration and... transparency? What is going on with the poor girl?

Good luck with the cream.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2022, 03:47:31 PM »
Lol,
Yess she really needs some Goodluck thank you!  :biggrin:

I'll definitely try my best to fix her up this time around!
I forgot the name of the hair that matches her I have to look back in the past posts in my Profile. It will be listed there.

Edit: Does anyone know 4Speeds pink hair color name is from www.mylittlecustom.com

P.S the blue is Forget-me-not I need the pink stripe
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 07:37:26 PM by Starflashbaby »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal