collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Royal Mail issues 9/20 RIDICULOUS UPDATE!!!!!!  (Read 2387 times)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Royal Mail issues 9/20 RIDICULOUS UPDATE!!!!!!
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:48:35 AM »
Has anyone else in the UK had problems with REALLY slow mail or none at all?

I'm putting a complaint in because I believe I do not have a postman on Wednesdays, Thursday's, and Fridays. I've been monitoring it for the last month.

Also I have asked my neighbours in my block of flats and they've said the same.

Another thing, I've been confined to my flat due to not wanting to leave the builders alone in my home, and I always hear the postie come in. I haven't heard ANYTHING for 3 days straight now, like a postie has not been in the building at all. The chances of my 10 neighbours not having any mail at all is just silly. And I'm waiting for some really important uni documents which everyone else got 3 weeks ago, not to mention eBay stuff that's taking forever.

So yeah, pretty annoyed.

:argh:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:23:04 PM by partypony566 »
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail issues
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »
So wait he has not stopped on Wens, Thurs and Friday's for a month?  And you don't get mail on Saturdays, correct? Which leaving he only comes on Mondays and Tuesdays?  :blink:

What a bunch of bull  :shakefist:  I would most certainly be putting in a complaint, especially since you have not received important documents that you should have already.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
So wait he has not stopped on Wens, Thurs and Friday's for a month?  And you don't get mail on Saturdays, correct? Which leaving he only comes on Mondays and Tuesdays?  :blink:

What a bunch of bull  :shakefist:  I would most certainly be putting in a complaint, especially since you have not received important documents that you should have already.

Yes that's correct. Like I say, I always hear him come in cos he uses the tradesman button and also I hear everyone else's letterboxes clacking away.

Luckily for me, my newest purchase will arrive via parcel force ( because its being sent express priority from the US) and their main office is at Gatwick nr London and they are SUPER reliable.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
You should test this. Have someone that you know mail you a letter so that you know it will arrive on a wednesday, thursday, or friday. I assume average letter time is 2-3 days? So a letter mailed on monday should certainly arrive on one of those days. See if it turns up. If it doesn't get there until the next week, then... just dang.

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »
Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one. For the past few months I've only ever gotten post on a monday. I live in a block of flats and they push the service button to get in, it buzzes every flat. It only ever goes off on a monday.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
This is ridiculous . Royal Mail put postage prices up crazy high and then go and reduce the postal services. It makes me furious! :mad: :stressed: :throw:
I know that we havent had any mail on Tuesdays for most of  this year - our postie just doesnt come then. But also I think its happening on Thursday now too... I need to check that for sure.  Also I had a pony parcel go missing recently :(
You should definitely put in a complaint hun! especially since you are waiting for important documents :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 02:10:36 AM »
Oh! I could post you a post card every day for a week and you could see when they arrive?

My postie delivers every day but that's because he gives them to the concierge who then has to deliver on to the properties - plus as a community we bribe the postman with chocolate and alcohol on occasion...I am not advocating that as a way to go but it seems to ensure a daily postal delivery, assuming Greg from the big house can then be bothered to pass on all the post and not make us come and collect it *grumpy face*

However, all that waffling above aside...I agree that the mail is coming later and later - what used to be a couple of days is now more like a week.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 02:43:22 AM »
Cat,..you have a concierge :blink:

A postcard a day would be a good way to test but I don't want you to have to spend money and time sending me stuff but thanks anyway :hug:

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one. For the past few months I've only ever gotten post on a monday. I live in a block of flats and they push the service button to get in, it buzzes every flat. It only ever goes off on a monday.

Thankyou, so it's not just me imagining it! Yeah same here, the tradesman button goes of in every flat here too.

At this point I have had NO mail, not a single thing since Monday. :shocked: and Monday was the only day I heard him come in.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 02:56:46 AM »
Yes but hes lazy :P...so he does not get bribes :).

Private estate lol - they dont let the post man in or the bin lorry and guests have to buzz through to individual properties in order to even get access to the estate - its a pain in the button. Used to be an open estate but they closed it in a couple of years ago and gated it.  Dont know what they think the post man will do to us...mind you we get a lot of golfers renting in the main house and they are quite antsy about their privacy I guess.

I can do the letter thing no problem - just let me know if you want to "test" Royal Mail!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 01:52:08 AM »
This is ridiculous . Royal Mail put postage prices up crazy high and then go and reduce the postal services. It makes me furious! :mad: :stressed: :throw:
I know that we havent had any mail on Tuesdays for most of  this year - our postie just doesnt come then. But also I think its happening on Thursday now too... I need to check that for sure.  Also I had a pony parcel go missing recently :(
You should definitely put in a complaint hun! especially since you are waiting for important documents :hug:

This is shocking!!!! The prices are SO expensive now and yet we don't have austin everyday? For real?!!! :mad: ..it cost me near on £4 the other day to send something that weighed 25 grams to be sent recorded delivery, that's insane!!!!!

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail issues 9/20 RIDICULOUS UPDATE!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
So today I get some inside info;

Basically all posties are required to use trolleys now instead of carrying the bags, health and safety rubbish,.... ( my dad was a postie for 33 years carrying bags and he's fine lol)

Anyway apparently the trolleys slow things down ( you can't carry a whole trolley full of mail up stairs in flats etc) so sometimes they simply don't make it to my street as they will go into overtime otherwise.

My suspicions were correct, it was confirmed to me that 99.9% of the time now I will only get mail on Monday, Tuesday and Sarurday.

I can't be the only one who is really shocked and annoyed about this.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
:(  That really sucks. 
...and to add to my annoyance i just discovered this week that my missing NSS Cupcake parcel did make it here safely more than a month ago, only to *not* get delivered by the postie, and they didnt even bother to push a card through the letterbox to ask me to collect. They just let it sit at the depot, stuck a sticker on it to say it hadnt been collected, and then returned to sender . while I am reeaaally happy that my parcel didnt get stolen as we had originally thought, I am still angry at what did happen . *growl* :mad:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »
Oh boy, I guess the UK can be just as crazy with regulations and lawsuits as Americans.

I truly hope they aren't just not allowed to use a bag for any weight? Or is it a weight limit? Seems partially ridiculous if you ask me. I understand the idea but jeez, it's healthy to carry some weight around sometimes.

Offline partypony566

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 02:32:39 AM »
:(  That really sucks. 
...and to add to my annoyance i just discovered this week that my missing NSS Cupcake parcel did make it here safely more than a month ago, only to *not* get delivered by the postie, and they didnt even bother to push a card through the letterbox to ask me to collect. They just let it sit at the depot, stuck a sticker on it to say it hadnt been collected, and then returned to sender . while I am reeaaally happy that my parcel didnt get stolen as we had originally thought, I am still angry at what did happen . *growl* :mad:

What?!!! They left a £300 parcel, and then didn't even bother to tell you it was at the office?!!!!!! A similar thing happened to me with magenta satin n lace, I was furious. I don't blame you for being angry, that is completely shocking. :shocked:

Post Merge: September 21, 2012, 02:34:23 AM

Oh boy, I guess the UK can be just as crazy with regulations and lawsuits as Americans.

I truly hope they aren't just not allowed to use a bag for any weight? Or is it a weight limit? Seems partially ridiculous if you ask me. I understand the idea but jeez, it's healthy to carry some weight around sometimes.

Nope apparently it's any amount of mail needs to be on a trolley now :rolleyes: and my area is all stairs, long paths and apartment blocks so it makes sense why it's taking the posties longer.... When they carry the bag they just zoom up the stairs, it's different with the trolley I guess.

Royal Mail= Royal Fail.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:34:23 AM by partypony566 »

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 02:52:11 AM »
Post seems to have been normal where I am, it's weird as latley we're actually getting more deliveries in a day like we're having a postie come by twice in a day and actually getting them fairly early like one at 11 and at 1.
But I'm waiting on a pony parcel at the moment that got sent from the US on Friday so I'll let you know how long it takes to get here.Can't say anything about posting stuff out as I haven't sent anything out latley.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal