collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's The Most Amount Of Money You Would Pay For A Pony?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
Re: What's The Most Amount Of Money You Would Pay For A Pony?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
I can't bring myself to pay more than $350. Not even for my grail, Argie Brillitos Flutterbye in Shy Pose. It hurt my heart to lose that last auction, but I just couldn't do it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 01:00:44 PM »
On any loose pony I won't pay more than like... whatever Sweet Scoops goes for. I wouldn't pay any crazy amount on a nirvana (only the greeks really appeal to me and I prefer them moc). That also means I'd never buy Rapunzel (who I think isn't cute so not worth it anyway) or Ladybug or anything like that (also don't care for).

MOC the most I've paid is $400 and I wouldn't go above that again. :) Up to.. maybe.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
I dont have a limit :P Or at least I dont have a limit on what I would be willing to pay...I do have a limit on what funds are available.

If the right pony/accessory/merch came along and I had the ££ lying around, I would happily buy. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
I dont have a limit myself but I think it would be about 100 bucks. I prefer to go the cheap route when I can. I don't want to know what my total $$ for all the ponies I own is.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 01:48:51 PM »
I think it depends entirely on how much money I have at the time. Currently, I wouldn't spend more than £40 on any pony at all. If it values higher, I'm not getting it, end of (unless I manage to bag it cheap like I did with Ice Crystal). But when I have more money in the future, I expect I may go higher if it's an expensive pony I really want.

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
For me, it depends on the individual pony in question.  Over the past year, I purchased four very exclusive G3s for between $100 and $200 a piece, which is more than I *like* to pay for ponies, but I figured it was better to drop that much now than a decent amount more in 10 years when they're starting to climb in price like G1s.  I'm also rapidly approaching the point with my G1s that there aren't very many "cheap" ponies left for me to collect (currently only collecting loose US releases), so I know I'll have to pay more for those.  Right now, I'm reluctant to pay much more than retail for any G4s (exceptions *might* be European releases, but I haven't decided on that yet...) because I'm convinced their prices will bottom out like G3s did once the current line loses popularity.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 02:00:19 PM »
I think it really depends on the pony for me. The most I ever spent on a pony-item was a loose SDCC :muffin: pony for $80. Being that I only really collect G4 ponies, the most I'd be paying would be retail or less.

I'd justify maybe if it were one of my grails, but most of my grails are so recent that they will most likely not be worth more than $80:
-Funrise 20" G4 Fluttershy Plush
-Funko Glitter G4 Fluttershy Figure
-Hasbro Large Fabric-Hair G3 Fluttershy Plush
-50cm NICI G4 Fluttershy Plush

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »
I have spent over $1,000 on a couple but there are some US G1's that I wouldn't spend $10 on...even to complete a set. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
$150 if it was a G3 I really really wanted, but as for regular release ponies and what not, under $20. I'm happy that MLP is one of those brands that can really fit every budget. Do you wanna stay low in cost? Great! Loads of cheap ponies. Wanna track down those super elusive sought after nirvanas? Got those too!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
In general, I wouldn't want to spend more than maybe $15 for a pony, and in practice, I typically don't spend more than $5. However, if I somehow came across a really rare one that I could resell for more, I'd likely be willing to spend a lot more than $15, but it would depend on the pony's value. I don't think I would spend a lot on one I was going to keep unless there was something really special about it to me.

Customs are different though. I don't collect them, but if I did, I'd expect to pay for them like any other piece of art, based on work, quality, my tastes, and what I think I can reasonably afford at the time.

I'd also probably be willing to spend more on ponies as a gift for someone else than I would for myself since that would come out of a gift budget and not my collecting budget.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
hmmmm..... it really depends on the pony and how desperate I am  :lol:

Generally speaking I balk at paying over the top prices and am usually prepared to wait out for a good deal or pick up ponies in lots. Now that I have long graduated from the 'newbie stage', I very rarely pay over $20-25 for an individual pony, and that includes harder to find ones well in excess of that amount and also factoring in shipping into the overall cost of the pony. Yep. I'm pretty pedantic! But I also don't have cash to splash around. Ponies are a pretty big luxury for me.

The most I have ever forked out buying a single pony was about $45US for Dutch Star. And I only did that because I really wanted her and was able to buy her in my own country without having to pay overseas shipping.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »
Hmmmm...I guess since I desperately want Nightlight I would be willing to pay upwards of $150 for her. Other than that, so far the highest I have paid for a single pony is $45.

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 05:22:47 AM »
I paid $25 for an excellent condition Tex without accessories, but only because I really really wanted him. Normally I'm not willing to go quite that high, although I would have bought a $23 Sugarberry in near-mint condition if someone hadn't beat me to her first! Pretty much if it's not any kind of Grail Pony, I really hate to pay much over $10 a Pony. And even $10 can be too pricey sometimes, depending on the Pony. Especially when I have to factor in the horror of S&H costs too.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 06:47:36 AM »
It depends on what I'm paying for. Living in Australia, shelf prices for G4s are quite a bit more expensive than all you lucky people in America, so I guess I'm used to having to deal with that and I don't mind. I count $10 as cheap and $40 as expensive.

Rare G4 ponies, like SDCC :muffin: pony or the blingy Vinyl Scratch or a white Fashion Style Celestia or a prototype Minty? Probably about $70 to $100 maximum, depending.

As far as G1s go, the average price seems to be $25 per pony including shipping. I'd probably be willing to shell out $50 max for a special one.
:fox:

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 07:33:19 AM »
My Spending limit really depends on how Rare and Hard to find the pony is I am looking for.
I think the Venezuelan ponies were the highest I have gone which was around $750.00 at the time.
There are a few South African ponies i would love to have but those do go for way more then I want to shell out.
Shel-t* Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal