collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a Bear Fun/Embarrassment :)  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Re: Build a Bear Fun/Embarrassment :)
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »
Oh god. I'm pretty sure my girly squealiness shames everyone I'm with when I actually go out, but that would be death for me. I have terrible social anxiety! I've never known you had to do that sort of stuff there... O_o

Ooh I know that one. I'm working on my own social ticks and triggers, my best advice is to take it at your own pace, and slowly build up your comfort zone, and don't be afraid to ask people for help! Some of my best boosts have come from my friends and chosen-family giving me a hand.
*obligatory Friendship is Magic quote here*

Re: B-a-B... Oh gosh! I didn't have to do the heart thing, I'm kind of glad as I'd have felt even more daft, but in fairness I was totally, totally exhausted from a weekend crewing a re-enactment event, and covered in mud from the waist down, so I didn't want to bounce about too much in the shop!
I did get to 'wish' on both Dashy and Pinkie's hearts, which I thought was a really sweet addition to the process. I just love going into B-a-B for the personalisation you  get, even if your pony ends up looking like a dozen others at the end, she (or he) is still *yours*.

I didn't get the roller skates, I should pick some up next time. My poor Halloween B-a-B Pumpkin teddy is wearing the FiM Bear outfit and clashing horribly. Hahahah!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 11:43:37 AM »
What a cute story! My hubby and I have a tradition to get BaB for our kids for their first birthday, but we haven't done one for my youngest yet. Maybe I can convince him to get a pony. ;)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »
they only made me kiss the heart :) , and that was the second store, the first store they just asked me to choose one of the hearts :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
Now I'm imagining all the fun I'd have if I were a BaB employee - make a muscle and rub that heart on your bicep so she'll be tough! Give that heart a fistbump cause she's loyal! Now spike that heart into the ground for a Sonic Rainboom!

The heart would probably bounce everywhere, set off an implausibly disastrous chain reaction, and I'd lose my job, but it'd be a pretty great story to tell later. :biggrin:

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
very cool! unfortunatly no build a bear here :(
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »
The few times I've been to an actual Build a Bear store to stuff plushies if the store is busy the employees have always looked relieved when I tell them to skip the show and just stuff the plush.

majikarte

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »
Wow, those are some impressive rituals!  When I got my Pinkie Pie at BaB the worker just had me choose the heart, make a wish and kiss it before inserting it in the pony.  I thought that was really cute.

This is all I had to do too. Everything went a lot better than I had imagined, I felt kinda silly going in, but the staff were all very nice, and I felt pretty accomplished when it was all done. And the plush are adorable!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Man, all my BAB did was make me kiss the heart...thank goodness.  I do kind of wish the employees would ask people if they want to engage in the full exercise before making them look a fool.  Some of us aren't as keen to jump up and down in public lol.  I do love how they do that for kids though.  Man, to be a kid and be void of inhibitions haha.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:22 PM »
In the US they do all sorts of things like that.  I think it's fun for the kids but they don't realize how embarrassing it can be for adults or even people in their late teens.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »
I have been in countless BABs ( including the one in Hamleys in London where the staff there make Disneyland workers look miserable :P ) and they have never made me do that stuff.

I have noticed that they tend to make men do all that kissing the heart malarkey much more, almost as a joke XD

It happened to my brother when he went to buy a bear for his girlfriend. He was traumatised by the embarrassment :lmao:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

thekozmicpig

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:19 PM »
All I had to do was make a wish on the heart. No kissing, no jumping or anything. Still, my store was dead when I went so no one would see me if I had to do that.

Man, to be a kid and be void of inhibitions haha.

Oh man, when I worked for Radio Disney and we played music and kids danced, it was the best thing ever because kids are the best dancers ever. Not because they have skill, but because they do what they want, and they do not care what you think about their dancing. They have ZERO inhibitions. It is magical.

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 09:52:28 PM »
There seems to be BaB stores in the eastern states, but none where I live.
Perth is the end of the world so it takes ages for things to get here.

I make a lot of plush toys so it can become a chore. Making it fun with silly games is a great idea :)

Doubt I'd be able to make my clients gallop on the spot and neigh  :biggrin:

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »
Man, to be a kid and be void of inhibitions haha.

Oh man, when I worked for Radio Disney and we played music and kids danced, it was the best thing ever because kids are the best dancers ever. Not because they have skill, but because they do what they want, and they do not care what you think about their dancing. They have ZERO inhibitions. It is magical.

Ever as a kid I would have been too shy and embarrassed to do the whole jumping dancing thing at BABW. I'm really shy now, but I was worse as a kid.

sailorstitch

Tirac

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Sounds like a great activity to do with a group of friend in which one person has a camera. xD
I find really embarrassing moments I have with friends to be the most memorable.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
I have some bears from BaB but never made one myself. What if I want my pony to be heartless?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal