collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony History- squeaky butts? piggy ponies? Distract me!  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Pony History- squeaky butts? piggy ponies? Distract me!
« on: September 07, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »
  So, I'm in the middle of a huge stressful move after taking a new stressful job, and I could really use some pony distraction...

I've been poking around (ok, ok, lurking) on the Nirvana and Brag forums and realized how much pony stuff I don't know (basically everything international!)  My first pony history question- squeaky butts?  They don't appear to have hair at all, and they...squeak?  Where were these made, and does anyone know why? Do they really squeak, and if so- on purpose? :P

Also, piggy ponies- was that some country's redesign of MLP G1?  They made their own molds? 

Apologies if this is all a retread discussion- I'd be happy with a link or two to follow if you don't mind! That plus this margarita should help the evening wind down... :drunk:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Pony History- squeaky butts? piggy ponies? Distract me!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
Well, since no one more qualified is here yet, I can at least answer one of your questions! The squeaky butts do indeed squeak! And what's even better, when you hand one to a collector who has never seen one, the collector squeaks, too! So it's a room full of squeaking and giggling, which always makes me smile!

I envy your margarita... and congrats on the new job! I hope it's worth the stress!

Squeak! Squeak!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
It could be the brain fog I'm in but... Ponies with squeaky butts? I must learn more of this... Enlighten me, please! I need pictures!

Clearly, I am exhausted. Radha, it took me several minutes to figure out your avatar is an adorable pony and not a bent over, stylized tree.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
I'm sorry I don't have pictures, guys! Wizzer had some at the MN pony meet, it was the first time I'd seen them at all. She had Piggies, too, but I've seen pictures of them before, so though they were adorable, they didn't make me squeak.

But I KNOW the experts will be here soon. I'm just fighting off going to bed! Haha!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
The squeaky butt ponies are from Venezuela. :) Apparently Bisanti, the toy company who had licensing to produce MLP, made them & sold them as pinata toys after they were no longer making "finished" ponies. Somewhere there is a thread with a video clip of someone actually squeaking a pony. It's pretty awesome! :biggrin:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
Well, since no one more qualified is here yet, I can at least answer one of your questions! The squeaky butts do indeed squeak! And what's even better, when you hand one to a collector who has never seen one, the collector squeaks, too!

:snicker: This made me laugh!

I hope someone can show some pictures!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »
Awwww, cute! :D Settling into this thread to learn.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 03:52:06 AM »
I love them Angelponies!!!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 05:47:25 AM »
Ok, I had seen and heard of squeaky butts before (here in the Nirvana forum), but I had always assumed some company had made them as dog toys. Were they really sold as toys for kids with no hair like that?? lol!

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »
Squeakies plus a kitty!  You guys sure know how to distract someone :)

That is interesting- if they were pinata toys, was that cheaper, and so they didn't bother with hair? I'm guessing pinata toy like little prizes to fall out of a pinata?

Also, was Hasbro ok with that, or was that something Bisanti did on it's own?  :awake:

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
Squeakies plus a kitty!  You guys sure know how to distract someone :)

That is interesting- if they were pinata toys, was that cheaper, and so they didn't bother with hair? I'm guessing pinata toy like little prizes to fall out of a pinata?

Also, was Hasbro ok with that, or was that something Bisanti did on it's own?  :awake:

I can help you wit that info  :)

Here in latin america not only the piñata itself is called like that, but  we  also call  the children's birthday parties "Piñatas"

You see, if you put toys inside the piñata itself, you are risking in damage them by the beating of the stick  :(

Besides the candy you get from the piñatas, you also get a "bolsita" (little bag) that is filled wit goodies like candy, small notebooks, confetti, markers or pencils, and toys   :cool: you can see the "bolsitas" here:

https://www.google.hn/search?q=pi%C3%B1ata+bolsita&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=BRktUs6YD4Tc9QTnp4EQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=649

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7kp8Fi1S0U0AtiFXNyoA?p=pi%C3%B1ata+bolsita&fr=yfp-t-900&fr2=piv-web

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:37:44 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 07:17:56 PM »

I don't know if that question can really be answered. My guess is that Bisanti decided to do that on their own, but we may never know for sure. I doubt Hasbro would have said "sure, go ahead & make cheaper versions of our toys without paying us to use the name MLP"... :P

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 08:07:46 PM »

I can help you wit that info  :)

Here in latin america not only the piñata itself is called like that, but  we  also call  the children's birthday parties "Piñatas"

You see, if you put toys inside the piñata itself, you are risking in damage them by the beating of the stick  :(

Besides the candy you get from the piñatas, you also get a "bolsita" (little bag) that is filled wit goodies like candy, small notebooks, confetti, markers or pencils, and toys   :cool: you can see the "bolsitas" here:

https://www.google.hn/search?q=pi%C3%B1ata+bolsita&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=BRktUs6YD4Tc9QTnp4EQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=649

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7kp8Fi1S0U0AtiFXNyoA?p=pi%C3%B1ata+bolsita&fr=yfp-t-900&fr2=piv-web

[/quote]

Aah- Goodie Bags!   We do that here also for children's parties, although I am not sure how long that's been a tradition here.  It's also usually small toys and candy or notebooks and things. 

Yes, I did notice that there wasn't a MLP label anywhere on the bags- that's interesting :)

This is great- thanks so much for sharing your knowledge  :frolic:

antares_chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 12:11:24 AM »
Ha! Wouldn't have guessed these existed!

Are this ponies full size? We have piñatas and goodie bags here in Argentina too, but we use pretty cheap, small toys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal