collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nirvanas for a beginner?  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Nirvanas for a beginner?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
Dutch ponies are pretty, the Macaus are pretty cheap too which is nice. I find in most countries there are cheaper ones and more expensive ones.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
I have only just started and I have 3 italians, all very similar to the original releases, but special just the same. I got italian Minty thrown into a lot for free due to some shipping dramas, and I recently bought CJ and Sunbeam for $15 in a lot together, so the italians can go for less than some regular run releases, and are a very affordable way to start your nirvana collection!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
Blue-haired Tootsie is a really good distinctive Italian. And fairly cheap (mine was about $25 in amazing condition). And personally, now that I have Gusty, I think she's very identifiable too - her hair is a totally different shade of green.

A lot of the Italians do look like their standard counterparts, but they all have blue eyes, and that's something I really like about them. They don't (generally) deviate so much that you can't appreciate their regular design, but the eyes are just one little stand-out detail there for anyone who knows a lot about ponies. Maybe that's just me, though.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
I did get an argie rock and beat pony for $ 40.00 due to having a hair cut.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
i like the no country spain ones. feels like secret underground ponies.

angela22

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
Good luck with your Nirvana collecting!! I definitely second Italians and Frenchies :)

Melindra

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
I am learning about Nirvanas too.  I am finding it hard now to find anything that is not already in my collection so it is def time to branch out into the harder to find ponies, and the Nirvanas!  I was lucky enough to find a few Italians, two Peruvians, a Mexican Peppermint Crunch, Dutch Singalong, a prototype baby and I have a factory flawed Posy.  (Does she count as a Nirvana???)  Her symbols were painted perfectly on one side but on the other, just the stems and leaves, no flowers.  I have no idea what any of them are worth, but I am finding it is very hard to find affordable Nirvanas!  I love em though!  (But then, I love all things G1 MLP!!!)

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:58 PM »
Great tips everyone.  And I can't wait to see your brag once you've started to collect nirvanas.
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline PrincessLocket

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 02:55:59 AM »
I have only just started and I have 3 italians, all very similar to the original releases, but special just the same. I got italian Minty thrown into a lot for free due to some shipping dramas, and I recently bought CJ and Sunbeam for $15 in a lot together, so the italians can go for less than some regular run releases, and are a very affordable way to start your nirvana collection!

That was me you bought Cj and Sunbeam from :-)  Glad they went to a nice collecting home

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 03:48:53 AM »
Fairly cheap ponies are
Italians
Mexican
Some Argies I think
If you're not picky with condition some greeks can be pretty cheap. The CP ponies don't always go for that much. I guess it depends on your budget. :)
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 04:12:33 AM »

That was me you bought Cj and Sunbeam from :-)  Glad they went to a nice collecting home

They're right here by my computer, saying hi to their old pony mommy!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »
I agree with Italians. You can often find Italian Peachy in the 5-10 range. Sometimes you can find the more common Brazilian or Argentina ponies for cheap too. They do look very similar to their HK counterparts though. But....I have found those in the 10-20 range. Watch out though. Once you start....it can become quite addicting. lol

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:22 AM »
whippycorn how did I miss NC daddies so cheap ??! gah, was that just the local UK ebay? here sale ?  ... ugh so always missing those guys

but YES I SO ECHO ITALIANS :-) and I have a boatload of them - blossom, bluebelle, butterscotch, cotton candy, applejack, bowtie :-)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:30:35 PM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
i think another important tip for a nirvana beginner is to READ :) research all the different countires, take your time to read the nirvana forum and look at the nirvana gallery :) collecting knowledge can be just as much fun as collecting ponies ;) it is also wise to know about and understand the ponies you are buying ;)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 12:36:17 PM »
oh my goodness I so second that - having done the spontaneous buy...of a custom-made/not nirvana :-/  (reminds me I need to update another post about those funky argies with maybe home-made stencils)

yah, the hunt can be a tad painful if you don't know what you are buying, than again, the fuzzy pictures and the sellers who misspell listings and don't know what they are selling sometimes proffer up the most amazing finds (those neon-rainbow italians, thailand starburst etc.)  but "dipping your toes in the water first and learning how to swim" is the safer / better route

have fun whichever way you go  :-) it's cool connecting with folks the world-wide over :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal