collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: comic con ponies?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: comic con ponies?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 01:05:49 PM »
I don't know that it would be strange.  Isn't comiccon the exact kind of place that would be full of bronies?  If Hasbro wants to make money off of bronies to me it seems like comiccon would be the exact place to do it.

Of course, I do really hope that they keep the fair pony a G3.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »
Yes, but comic con was full of bronies last year too and they still kept the con pony a G3. I'm just saying, I hope they don't ignore their already existing fan base just to pander to the bronies - discontinuing the existing G3 exclusive line would be a very bad move IMO.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
I guess we will find out soon enough, I hope they make another like the 07 pony I love her. How cool would ivy be!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 01:44:55 AM »
Yes, but comic con was full of bronies last year too and they still kept the con pony a G3. I'm just saying, I hope they don't ignore their already existing fan base just to pander to the bronies - discontinuing the existing G3 exclusive line would be a very bad move IMO.

Just want to say ^this...completely agree. Comic Con and Fair ponies are the main G3s I collect and I ll be disappointed if the theme changes to suit new demands as opposed to all us fans who have been buying the Fair and Comic Con pony for years now...as much as Hasbro are a commercial machine and are going to do what makes them money, they sell out of CC ponies anyway even if some are eventually sold through the website. So unless they are planning a price hike [eeek!] or a significant increase in batch quantity then changing the style for them wont influence profit as whether G3 or G4 she ll sell...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »
In a way I hope that :muffin: Pony is the ComicCon pony because I can't imagine them trying to sell her to the "target audience" after all the controversy so if she isn't the ComicCon pony then the ones from Taobao will be the only ones out there. As long as the Fair pony is a G3 there will at least be one G3 and that is enough. Anyways the less they make the more special it will be.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 04:09:37 PM »
@3377345 - for [a different] selfish reason I am hoping they stay G3 this year! Because I am going to UK Ponycon I should manage a fair pony but I have no hope of a Comic Con if they are G4!!!! Lol....

I think they only turn up on the HB website if there are any left...I have always managed to get them through friends before. If they are G3 I know I ll be able to track one down...if they are G4 I think unless I am at the front of the CC queue those of us not going wont have a hope lol!

I dont remember ever seeing figures before either - I would guess it changes each year depending on previous demand possibly. Can you imagine how many they will need if it turns out Ditzy is the Comic Con pony!!!

they would never be able to make enough to fill the demand!

Hint hint Hasbro: Huge demand = $$$$$$

agreed :biggrin:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 07:01:33 AM »
I guess whether it's a G3 or G4 or even a G1 remake I'm more concerned with the art style used for it. It's the art that gets me not just the pony body.

Though I would love to see Ditsy Doo as this year's Comic Con...that would be wild and a total shout out to the fans!

that's my little opinion.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
It's not really changing to suit the bronies. The G3 line has been pretty much discontinued for a while aside from exclusives and G4 is very popular with bronies AND former pony fans.

Also, toys take a while to be designed, approved, and made. The show only came out in October 2010, so the 2011 ponies were probably in production before FiM became popular.

I have mixed feelings about the fair and con ponies being G4s because the enormous fan base will make them hard to get and it seems like most bronies have a lot more money than I do, but I think that's the only way we're going to get :muffin: Pony. :(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:41:54 AM by WickedWonderland »

AubadePrism

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
Do these ponies sell on preview night usually? I have a friend going to Comic Con and she said she'd pick up a pony for me. I'm hoping it's :muffin: Pony because i just love her so much. But to appeal to both..why not have two exclusives? One G3 and one :muffin: Pony? Surely Hasbro has noticed on Equestria Daily and here the sheer demand for that figure. If it's sold as an exclusive online or at the con I think they'd have no controversy over her. Heck when I was a kid I bought a stuffed animal that had eyes like hers and I thought she was adorable! But maybe call her Ditzy Do just in case.

Do you think Hasbro has seen this site and ED?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 06:53:13 PM »
Hasbro does sell on preview night, it's a pretty good time to get in. However, if your friend has an exhibitor or a pro pass they won't let her buy on preview night. Always seemed super backwards to me, but only general public can buy on preview night.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
On another topic do you think that maybe, with another Pony Project on the way, that we might see some art ponies not tied to an event?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
AubadePrism:Yes Hasbro has admitted to checking this site out. I believe that question was asked at one of the MLP Fairs they attended. They even had an employee posting here but they wouldn't divulge what her screen name was. Of course all the Mods were trying to figure it out. I think we had it narrowed down but never knew for sure. ;)
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 10:38:16 AM »
I agree with those who want exclusives for both G4 and previous gens.  I think there is enough demand for Hasbro to release more than 2 exclusives a year.  I personally would love to have some art ponies in G1 molds.

AubadePrism

Re: comic con flowers?
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
At what point is this announced?

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: comic con flowers?
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
I hope they keep up the tradition of designing a pony that fits the theme of a comic con, not to do anyone existing character.  Even the so called Pinkie Pie one was not really done as her but seemed to gain the name after the fact.  I am another in the hoping they keep it to G3 body, we do not collect G4's - sadly I can not get past that head on the toy line.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal