collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: comic con ponies?  (Read 2812 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
comic con ponies?
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:36:22 AM »
Ok so I know all of the comic con ponies thanks to strawberry reef but I was wondering if there was a set amount made per year like the fair ponies or where they preordered and so numbers vary to the amount of demand they were in?
If any one has any ideas it would be great to know. I am not looking to buy any I was just wondering out of curoiusity  ;)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: comic con ponies?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:33:48 AM »
They are definitely limited edition, however I have no idea how many there are.  I feel there are more than the fair ponies, but that isn't based on any real data.  They tend to run out of numbers a few days after they go on sale on the hasbrotoyshop site.

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »
thanks, does anyone else know a little more? Or rough figure? I am picking about 1000 like the fair ponies?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
I don't think Hasbro ever released official numbers... though they should have, might have increased the value a bit more.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »
I have never seen numbers on the comic con ponies...but the fair ponies would be a different story I bet. The fair organizers are members here :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
Wait so the comic-con ponies become available on hasbrotoyshop?
I saw that the fair ponies were available on the MLP fair site the last 2 years. Are there always some for sale there or have they sold out at the event before?

I'm kinda hoping that they keep them g3s just so I won't want them and worry about trying to get them since I won't be making it to either of these events this year  :redface:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
@3377345 - for [a different] selfish reason I am hoping they stay G3 this year! Because I am going to UK Ponycon I should manage a fair pony but I have no hope of a Comic Con if they are G4!!!! Lol....

I think they only turn up on the HB website if there are any left...I have always managed to get them through friends before. If they are G3 I know I ll be able to track one down...if they are G4 I think unless I am at the front of the CC queue those of us not going wont have a hope lol!

I dont remember ever seeing figures before either - I would guess it changes each year depending on previous demand possibly. Can you imagine how many they will need if it turns out Ditzy is the Comic Con pony!!!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »
@3377345 - for [a different] selfish reason I am hoping they stay G3 this year! Because I am going to UK Ponycon I should manage a fair pony but I have no hope of a Comic Con if they are G4!!!! Lol....

I think they only turn up on the HB website if there are any left...I have always managed to get them through friends before. If they are G3 I know I ll be able to track one down...if they are G4 I think unless I am at the front of the CC queue those of us not going wont have a hope lol!

I dont remember ever seeing figures before either - I would guess it changes each year depending on previous demand possibly. Can you imagine how many they will need if it turns out Ditzy is the Comic Con pony!!!

they would never be able to make enough to fill the demand!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »

I'll actually be incredibly surprised if :muffin: Pony/Ditzy isn't the comic con pony this year.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »

Hint hint Hasbro: Huge demand = $$$$$$
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the info hathorcat. Lol yea I don't know if I'm gonna be prepared for the fight if they are G4  :lol:

If :muffin: Pony/Ditzy is the Comic con pony she's gonna be sooooo expensive in the aftermarket 'cuz yea I seriously doubt there would be left-overs.

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 05:19:29 AM »
Kinda off topic here, but I only got into MLP because of G4, and I was one of those people who kept saying make a G4 comic con pony! But now I hope they keep it as G3, I have 2 of them and I love em ^^

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 06:10:25 AM »
We shall see what HAsbro has in store for MLP exclusives!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:08:10 AM »
if the comic con pony is the :muffin: Pony I will be extremely bummed out. I don't mind if she is one exclusive, but if they stop the G3 core pose exclusive at comic con I think I might cry.

Offline nhal039

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »
Oh thanks I only just saw the replys : )  I hope the keep them G3 they are so cute. I have to amit the g3s had to take years before they were accepted into my herd of G1s but now they are starting to take over! It would be strange if they made a g4 comiccon pony I think

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal