collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Removing Biro  (Read 475 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Removing Biro
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:53:21 AM »
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any hints or tips on the best way to remove blue biro marks? I have a g3 with a very noticeable blue biro mark in her mouth. I've tried acetone and gentle bleach solutions but nothing is doing the trick...

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

AJB x
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline gault14

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Biro
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 04:18:56 AM »
 :) Have used hair spray and it came off.  I just sprayed on and rubbed with a cloth

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:31:05 AM »
Wow, that simple! Great, I'll try it  :biggrin:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
I have heard of hairspray or shaving gel to remove pen on some materials - thats something one of my friends always says works on her fabric sofa perfectly. However I haven't ever heard of it on plastic like ponies you may have to be careful with hair spray as it can melt some plastics if used in concentrated amount.

Magic eraser is a great tool as well...and if everything else fails then sunfading will get rid of it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
Ok, thanks for those tips, I shall try them out....well....except for the sun fading - I'm from the UK!! I can't remember the last time I saw any sun!  ;)

AJB x

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
Lol - I am in Scotland I know what you mean!

However, if you are patient sunfading will work here - but you need to allow for a long time frame and you need to use mirrors or tinfoil in order to built up reflections and if stuck  you can use a car parcel shelf or dashboard come the summer!
Loa is my love god!

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
Scotland? Well hello from down south (Gloucestershire)!! Are you under snow at the moment? I think we just missed it this time!

Those are great tips about the mirrors and tinfoil (we need to maximise *any* amount of sunlight - right?!  ;)) and the dashboard thing sounds like it might work.

By the way, do you know what the UK equivalents of the US Oxiclean and Mr. Magic's Eraser are? I keep hearing about them but I'm not sure if we have those products over here? Is Oxiclean the same as our Vanish Oxi Action?

Anyway, lovely to meet a fellow UK pony lover! Whereabouts are you?

AJB x

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:13:06 PM »
I am in never sunny South West Scotland :) We have lots of UK members on the boards and quite a few from SW England as well! Awesome - welcome! No snow here at the moment thankfully just yet more rain!

For magic erasers you have a couple of options you can pick up the Dr Power Erasers in most supermarkets, Asda and Sainsburys certainly stock them in the laundry aisle. Lakeland Ltd also do them and another couple of brands if you have one of them local to you. But 99p/£1 or Discount/Bargain World stores also carry a product called Sponge Eraser and it does the exact same thing. Prices will vary from 99p up to about £5 depending on which store you find them in.

As for OxiAction you need Vanish Oxi Action or OxiMagic although to be honest baking soda plus hydrogen peroxide plus hot water does the exact same thing as both of them.

Good luck!
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal