collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning help ASAP!! 2007 Repro Pony!  (Read 783 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Cleaning help ASAP!! 2007 Repro Pony!
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »
My friend has adopted a G1 2007 reproduction pony, one problem.. The pony's head is glued on very tightly and I myself don't have experience cleaning them either, do they look simliar to the original G1 ponies (as in the inside. Like the neck part.)? Don't want to be break anything! Is there any sort of tutorial?

[topics merged ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:55:15 PM by hathorcat »

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Reproduction pony needs cleaning, how to? (2007)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »
My friend has a Reproduction pony and it needs to be cleaned but neither of us know how? Does it look like g1? (As in the neck part. I don't want to break it.)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction pony needs cleaning, how to? (2007)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »
If it is one of the g1 reproduction ones I have only ever had one of them and she cleaned the same as the normal ones. Have you tries putting the head in hot water to melt the glue a bit. If memory serves it was stiff to get on and off.

But sometimes pictures help to get replays when we can see exactly what you are needing to clean up on the pony. As different afflictions need different methods.

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction pony needs cleaning, how to? (2007)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 02:35:27 PM »
If it is one of the g1 reproduction ones I have only ever had one of them and she cleaned the same as the normal ones. Have you tries putting the head in hot water to melt the glue a bit. If memory serves it was stiff to get on and off.

But sometimes pictures help to get replays when we can see exactly what you are needing to clean up on the pony. As different afflictions need different methods.

Yeah it's the g1 reproduction ponies. They are glued very well. I'll add pictures later, it's my friend's pony.  :)

Edit: Friend sent pictures!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:55:22 PM by DappledHazel »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning help ASAP!! 2007 Repro Pony!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 12:52:02 PM »
The ponies are pretty much the same on the inside...however you have not had 30 years for the glue holding the neck on to break down hence why its so strong :)

Try an acetone garrote (as odd as that sounds) to dissolve the glue and help you get the head off to clean inside.

One thing I would say is, are you sure you need to get inside to clean? Not every pony needs taken apart and cleaned this way. These are relatively new ponies so unless it was anything glaringly obvious I would be tempted to leave her with her original glue in place.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:48:27 AM »
The ponies are pretty much the same on the inside...however you have not had 30 years for the glue holding the neck on to break down hence why its so strong :)

Try an acetone garrote (as odd as that sounds) to dissolve the glue and help you get the head off to clean inside.

One thing I would say is, are you sure you need to get inside to clean? Not every pony needs taken apart and cleaned this way. These are relatively new ponies so unless it was anything glaringly obvious I would be tempted to leave her with her original glue in place.

(Sorry for the late reply!)
Her tail has orange (rust) on the base of it. She has also gotten wet, which most likely caused it. Thanks for the help. :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:38:09 PM »

I just want to say that "acetone garrote" sounds fiendishly awesome. XD It's so wonderful the kind of phrases come out of these pony threads.

Good luck, DappledHazel! If you decide the glue is too much, you might just try cleaning the part of the tail that's visible and reachable without getting the head off. If you soften the plastic around the rump with nice hot water you might be able to get at some of the hair that normally sits closer to the washer, so even if you can't get at the source of the problem, you can cosmetically get her looking nicer. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 05:13:10 AM »

I just want to say that "acetone garrote" sounds fiendishly awesome. XD It's so wonderful the kind of phrases come out of these pony threads.

Good luck, DappledHazel! If you decide the glue is too much, you might just try cleaning the part of the tail that's visible and reachable without getting the head off. If you soften the plastic around the rump with nice hot water you might be able to get at some of the hair that normally sits closer to the washer, so even if you can't get at the source of the problem, you can cosmetically get her looking nicer. :)

My friend is going to help me get the head off. Though if we fail I will try that.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal