collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dumb things you did to your ponies as a kid  (Read 878 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Dumb things you did to your ponies as a kid
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2022, 08:32:02 AM »
Disintegrating pony hair? That's A new one

Yes, it happens with G1 and some G3 ponies have hair rot, where it becomes very brittle and literally falls out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline starscout

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2022, 09:13:48 AM »
I usually took pretty good care of my ponies. I even have a Star Catcher from my childhood, who, aside from her wings, is in almost perfect condition. There was one time, however, in either middle or high school, when I took a G4 Rarity I had and stuck her face into a burning candle. I'm... not sure why I did that.
Also, when my younger sister was little, she would sneak into my room while I was away, steal my early G4 ponies, and cut their hair off. My mom and stepdad would never do anything about it, so I eventually just gave up and let her have them.

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline WingedDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2022, 10:17:21 AM »
Beach party. I will never regret those memories, but cleaning them now really make me softly curse at my past self.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2022, 12:12:39 PM »
Blue eyeshadow... Oh poor Tabby. Luckily most came off with a good cleaning. I really was not a destroyer of my toys.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2022, 12:17:27 PM »
I used to use the clothesline in the backyard to launch my ponies into the air.

I'm sorry but this is priceless!  :haha:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2022, 07:59:45 PM »
Lots of playing in water. Bad for the ponies in the long run, but I still don't regret it for all the fun I had.
What I DID regret was writing on my first g1 in sharpie. I was nine, I was growing up in g3, and I was so excited to get a classic pony that I totally defaced her. Whoops!
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2022, 09:57:47 PM »
Flutter ponies flew best(less weight than adult ponies but with long legs for an exceptional grip, and small, compact bodies were more aerodynamic).

« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 10:01:32 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2022, 04:09:06 PM »
Flutter ponies flew best(less weight than adult ponies but with long legs for an exceptional grip, and small, compact bodies were more aerodynamic).

So, it wasn't dumb! It was SCIENCE!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline DracoKat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2022, 04:10:17 AM »
as an artist, I decided to erase away some symbols and try to 'customise'. I was a kid, probably 6 or 7. And you know as a kid, you are a terrible artist lol. Few years later I found them in the bag and I was like "What did I do?". I ruined like 5 or 6 G1 ponies. On top of that, I stupidly threw them out thinking they were useless. Years later again, now I wish I saved them as bait ponies. I probably could have restored some too.

As an adult, I made the mistake of letting my nieces take some home. Got them back a year or so later when they stopped playing with them, every single one ruined. I knew they didn't take care of their toys, but as a good aunt, I wanted them to be happy.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2022, 09:50:11 AM »
I should have bought more! Once though I traded some Perfume Puff Palace accessories with a neighbour for some not so great swaps. Like a mommy charm with pony cancer. I didn't know what it was back then  :( She was a very experienced collector with quite a serious collection, so I got utterly fleeced. I'm still trying to replace the accessories (please see below)! Noooooo.....
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2022, 10:49:26 AM »
I played with my sea ponies in the tub.  They all got moldy inside except for the last one I got, Baby Celebrate.  My mom wouldn't let me put her in the tub.  Adult Wavedancer/Wavebreaker,  Foamy, and Watercolor Misty all lost their battle with the mold monster.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2022, 12:23:06 AM »
I should have bought more! Once though I traded some Perfume Puff Palace accessories with a neighbour for some not so great swaps. Like a mommy charm with pony cancer. I didn't know what it was back then  :( She was a very experienced collector with quite a serious collection, so I got utterly fleeced. I'm still trying to replace the accessories (please see below)! Noooooo.....

Oh, that's so sad to read! You always hope that experienced collectors won't treat new collectors like that... As a child, I lived next door to a teenage collector, and her collection was HUGE. I loved going over to her house to visit and play! When she moved away, she gifted me many ponies, including many that were made before I was even born. I was very lucky to have her, and I wish every young collector had a neighbor like mine, and maybe less like yours. I'm sure the logic is 'oh, just make a trade that feels fair to both parties!' but if it isn't actually fair, it'll eventually come out. :( :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2022, 12:51:30 AM »
Oh, that's so sad to read! You always hope that experienced collectors won't treat new collectors like that... As a child, I lived next door to a teenage collector, and her collection was HUGE. I loved going over to her house to visit and play! When she moved away, she gifted me many ponies, including many that were made before I was even born. I was very lucky to have her, and I wish every young collector had a neighbor like mine, and maybe less like yours. I'm sure the logic is 'oh, just make a trade that feels fair to both parties!' but if it isn't actually fair, it'll eventually come out. :( :hug:

Thank you :sniffles: :hug: I guess she's the reason I can't say that there are common ponies I haven't seen, because her collection was near complete for UK and USA. Her ranks of so-softs were amazing and I saw them when I was around 14 years old. But she had a bit of a one-track mindset and I'm not sure she had many friends. It makes me wonder why she needed a few accessories from the Perfume Puff Palace back then, but they are proving a devil to get hold of nowadays! I'm glad you had such a nice experience with your friend. I should add that I have better memories of playing with my cousin's ponies when I was younger and that is what fires my current enthusiasm!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2022, 04:17:12 AM »
When I was a kid and had chicken-pox I decided that my old Sparkler and Surprise should be sick with me.
Said and done; I added pink highlighter dots all over their bodies.
I got well but my ponies will forever be sick  :sick: :blush:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2022, 12:42:55 PM »

Your lucky I  have  never met anyone else who collects ponies in person
long live chrysalis

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal