collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flat hooves? (My questions are answered )  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Flat hooves? (My questions are answered )
« on: February 13, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »
I recived a bunch of beautiful Mexican ponies as a gift from a friend today, I am super duper happy about it but one thing made me confused.

A couple of the ponies have flat hooves with no stamp at all, but otherwise look PERFECT!
It just seems to me that if someone would go so far to forge a pony in such an accurate way they would probably bother to also fake a stamp?  ;)

Just wondering, why is this?

Please share any knowledge you have. I honsetly don't care if they are fakies or not, they're still beautifully made.
But I sure am curious!

Here's a thread with pictures, the ones missing stamps are Peachy, Skydancer, Blossom and all of the babies.

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,287279.0.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:58:59 PM by Sukeile »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Flat hooves? (Mexican Ponies )
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:39 PM »
I really want to know to!
I don't know the answer sorry  :(

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:23 PM »
Because our Nirvana Spot lights are not here yet
and I did the one on Mexico ponies here you go.
You can find the pictures Hosted in the nirvana Gallery here
Under spotlight pictures.
 Mexican My Little Ponies
“Lily Ledy   was the first Mexican brand that was working under license of some European brands that gave them permission to manufacture certain toys   in Mexico. That was from 1982-1984.  There were many orders from people that wanted to have Lily Ledy toys but there were not enough toys being produced to deliver.  Brand Pypsa tried to rescue it and bought Lily Ledy but couldn’t afford the costs. Auriken tried the same thing and bought the rights of Lily Ledy to continue manufacturing toys including the mold ponies but they were not given permission to use the stamp / seal “made in Mexico”. They could not afford to continue making the toy either and finally Hasbro bought the rights of all of that chain of little brands back.  Hasbro decided they were only going to only manufacture their toy brands in China and Hong Kong because it was more cost effective then to have each Country making toys for their own market and in their own packaging.  It made it much easier for Hasbro to control their products by doing so.”

There were two Makers of My Little Ponies in Mexico in the 1980’s, both licensed by Hasbro.

The first Company was Lily Ledy which only produced the first set of Collector Ponies: Blue Belle, Cotton Candy, Blossom, Snuzzle, Butterscotch, Minty plus Peachy and Lemon drop.  But they were produced in  two sets, flat feet and concaved feet, with very different body styles for both sets. Lily Ledy clearly marked the feet of the ponies they produced with their stamps.  They also produced other popular toys from the 1980’s such as Strawberry Shortcake, Star Wars, Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, G.I. Joe, Spiderman, and others

Auriken which was a large Company making toys for several other brands, took over making MY Little Pony when the Lily Ledy Factory burned down. They were the major maker of almost all of the My Little Ponies that were released in Mexico including another set of collector pose ponies.
According to Mexico Pony Paradise

There are several versions of Mexico Ponies Feet  where the collector poses Mexico pony is concerned.
Lily Ledy Con Caved Feet, Lily Ledy Flat Feet and Auriken Flat feet
I also found a picture of an Auriken cotton candy with small con caves in the back feet
The  Lily Ledy ponies, whether   the con caved version or the flat foot version are marked with writing.  They are marked   Mexico with a very distinct stamp on the left front foot bottom.   They are stamped Lily Ledy on the right front foot bottom. 

The Auriken ponies with flat   feet have a very distinct look. Their flat is somewhat splayed out like the foot of an elephant and even if the Lily Ledy pony had no stamp it would not be confused for an Auriken pony. Note the angle and shape of the feet patterns are also very different between all 3 mold  types.

Auriken produced their set of Collector pose ponies with flat feet, but as can be seen with the Cotton Candy pony, no quite true and 
looking at the later Auriken produced ponies: Prince ponies, Rainbow, Sundae Best, Earth  ponies  and others  The feet still have no writing on them and they can be concaved or a mix of both.  Even the same pony can have a variation of
]the feet as in the Perfume Puff parlor pony

My first thought about the feet was, on the ground flat, raised con caved, but as seen by these pictures of like body molds, that is not a true assumption.
It does seem the baby ponies and twins produced by Auriken all have con caved feet.
The feet were not the only difference between the Mold styles, even within the Lily Ledy Company.  Lily Ledy besides making the collector pose ponies with flat and concaved feet,   also made different body configurations of the collector pose ponies.  One mold style, the con caved foot Lily Ledy, the pony’s front legs are shorter, which gives her a tipsy appearance and she looks to be standing on her front toes.  And yet the Lily Ledy Flat Foot pony is the same body size and style as the normal US version Collector Pose pony and stands very squarely.  The body material is a bit courser to the feel (heavier in make up), but still has a semi slick appearance to it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:31:19 PM by shelti »
Shel-t* Ponies

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »
Shelti is spot on.  And there are things I didn't know o.o

It seems like your babies are also Mexicans =3  (That Baby Moondancer!!!).

Quick question:  Your Mexican Blossom eyes are what color?  Lavender?

Offline Sukeile

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »
Moondancer115:
Seems we both got our answer then :D

Shelti:

Oh thank you thank you so much for the help!
And wow that is fascinating! I did not know any of this :D

Dyzarktarzk:

Her eyes are purple, not quite as dark as in they appear in the photo but still quite deep.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
Moondancer115:
Seems we both got our answer then :D

Shelti:

Oh thank you thank you so much for the help!
And wow that is fascinating! I did not know any of this :D

You are very welcome, The Nirvana Spots are a great Resource of info and hopefully they will soon make it over here.  At least the pictures are here now.  I have my spot saved in Word Document so with the new arena the code messes it up some, but most of it was readable:-)

The Mexican Pony Paradise Site is also a Great Resource and peppermint_truly is the owner of that site and can also answer questions.  She is not here much but is a Mod at the MLPTP

http://www.mexicanponyparadise.com/
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »
yay for Shelti :-)

SO MANY HUGE CONGRATS !! oh man, you have an amazing friend!!! yep, those bebe's can be pricey - but the friendship is priceless so treasure that the most!

here's a super link from peppermint truly = from over at the TP (she here, too?) http://www.mexicanponyparadise.com/ go to information and 101 etc. and all the other tabs for great info :-)

ENJOY :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Sukeile

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
Oh Thank you again shelti and maycrestmom for the link, that will be helpful in the future I'm sure :)

I will most definately never sell them, I allready love them way too much, and just in case she regrets giving them away one day I'd like to be able to show that I have been a good caretaker :)

Thanks again for the help!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Flat hooves? (My questions are answered )
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
Ahh they're all so cute! I love the Mexican babies. :D
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:50:07 PM »

Dyzarktarzk:

Her eyes are purple, not quite as dark as in they appear in the photo but still quite deep.

Thanks =3

I still wonder how many Blue eyed Mexican Blossoms are there =)  (I have 9, and only one has blue eyes...)

Enjoy your new ponies!  They are really beautiful!

Offline Sukeile

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »
Flitter:
So do I! So adorable >w<  :inlove:

Dyzarktarzk: Wow, that's so cool! I bet she's a rare beauty :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal