collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do with your ponies?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with your ponies?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 11:45:27 PM »
Most of mine are in storage but my newer additions are on display in my office. I like to clean them, style them, sometimes take photos. Most of the are displayed lined up because I don't have much space but a few of them are set up in little scenes. I keep a few in the living room on the coffee table so I can look at them throughout the day. They make me happy.  :) I used to play ponies with my daughter but she's growing out of them. I don't play with them by myself but I do like setting them up and making families and stuff.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 01:28:32 AM »
Cleaning and restoring them. Displaying and admiring them (I get an instant mood boost from walking into my cupboard and seeing all their cute little faces). Sometimes I take photos of them (but just at the moment most of my photos are of Monster High). Making up little stories in my head about who's friends with who, and what they might get up to when I'm not around. Oh, and I do sometimes talk to them, e.g. "Hello, girls! How's my girls today? Oh, Moondancer, you've fallen over! Up you get!"

To my mind, ponies bring fun and happiness into life - and we all need fun and happiness - however "silly" or "weird" or generally incomprehensible it might seem to other people.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 08:40:37 AM »
Well mostly they just... are. I clean and sometimes style those that arrive and then display them. Other than that, I don't really do much except for occasional dusting. I may rearrange them when dusting but don't always do that either. I haven't bought any new ones in ages because I don't currently have room for more. But I love taking a look at the shelves whenever I walk by so it's not like I don't enjoy them even if I'm not actively collecting at the moment. Oh, and of course... I smell them. :lookround: It's probably toxic but there are few things that smell better than ponies. :heart:   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 09:22:27 AM »
Sometimes I even like doing this with my ponies :biggrin:

Post Merge: October 18, 2016, 09:24:33 AM

Oh, and of course... I smell them. :lookround: It's probably toxic but there are few things that smell better than ponies. :heart:
I like smelling them too, and I don't care if it is toxic. It can't be worse than everything else out there :-)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:24:33 AM by Khayman81 »
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:26 PM »
When I first got ponies I cleaned them and retored them.
Some of the not-so-good I gave to the grandchildren to play with.
I had them displayed in a lovely big glass fronted cupboard for ages, then we moved house so now they are in storage.
NOW I am trying to sell them but it is hard to choose who should go! I hate breaking up sets, and some of them are just lovely and I am finding it hard to part with them!
 :yikes:

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 07:03:29 PM »
I do lots of things. I mainly clean and style them when I first get them and display them. I like to take photos and share them, and draw pictures. I like to take them out sometimes and rotate my displays , I have to store a lot. I wish i had more time for them :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 08:23:32 PM »
I buy them, clean them and restore them to the best of my ability(I think this is my favorite part). Then I display them and look at them.  Eventually I will clean them again when they get dusty.  I will sell off extras that I don't want or if I have doubles.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »
Most sit in storage, but I have a few on display. I'll pick them up and fix their hair once every few months. Styling their hair is fun when I'm bored though, and I know it's a great stress relief for many.
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Tzan19

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 01:54:18 AM »
I was having this discussion with my other half just the other day.

I like cleaning, restoring and displaying mine re arranging them from time to time.

They mostly just sit there looking nice waiting for me to look at them. 

Although I do display them they are in my bedroom and I am very private about my collecting, very few people in my life know about it, I think because I am worried that most people just wouldn't understand and I had asked my husband how weird he thought it was.

We eventually came up with this.  Firstly it doesn't matter how weird anyone else thinks it is as long as it makes you happy.(you're not hurting anyone right?).  Secondly ponies or no ponies lots of people collect lots of different things (I saw a guy on the tv the other day who collected bricks, not judging just saying it's different!). 

Also just for your information from what I have read the psychology behind collecting anything (apart from it being enjoyable) is supposededly to do with us attempting to create a sense of security and order in our lives. Perhaps this is why your therapist was asking you about your ponies, maybe they weren't actually judging the ponies themselves if that makes sense  :)
Tzan
:enthralled:

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 02:24:46 AM »
Most sit in storage, but I have a few on display. I'll pick them up and fix their hair once every few months. Styling their hair is fun when I'm bored though, and I know it's a great stress relief for many.

i agree! sometimes when i get anxious or overly bored and jittery, i just walk over to my pony shelf and take everyone down and give them a good brushing. it can be quite relaxing. and once i get my reroot tool back, ill really have something to edge my stress! I could sit for hours and rehair ponies.

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 02:40:28 AM »

i agree! sometimes when i get anxious or overly bored and jittery, i just walk over to my pony shelf and take everyone down and give them a good brushing. it can be quite relaxing. and once i get my reroot tool back, ill really have something to edge my stress! I could sit for hours and rehair ponies.
Exactly! I will rehair them while watching series on tv.
I like more and more taking them for a ride in my car or just leave one in my bag for all day long with me :-)
My wish list
My sales

cannibalism

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:46 AM »
i've honestly thought about doing that...i feel so bad for some of my girls, leaving them all couped up all day. i want to bring my genie out and about!! maybe i will take her in my bag when i go out walking this weekend.

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 03:25:18 AM »
i've honestly thought about doing that...i feel so bad for some of my girls, leaving them all couped up all day. i want to bring my genie out and about!! maybe i will take her in my bag when i go out walking this weekend.
At first it feels weird, but then I just thought I don't care, and it feels like having company all day long.
My wish list
My sales

Offline MangleCrafter

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • One word: Firefly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 04:17:40 AM »
Like to style their hair <3 Also display them but i cannot stop touching their hair! They are too cute  :P

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 11:54:36 AM »
They get cleaned up, i had some on display but the bulk have just come out of storage and are living on the attic floor to go threw the spa and back on display once i free their new shelves up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal