Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Missing ponies you sold

(1/6) > >>

kingluke:
Hello everyone,

I sold ponies out of necessity a while back. This may sound silly and overly emotional but I miss them. They were all very dear to me and I have replaced some of them but I still miss the ones I don't have back yet.

Annyone going through  the same?

I still feel a bit silly but I felt like sharing.

BlackCurtains:
Yes. I sold the majority of my collection including grail ponies and all my Argies. I kept my childhood ponies, my Raincurl and Applejack armies and some other favorites. It was something I had to do and it helped me financially but I regret it, not that I really had a choice. I haven't been able to enjoy ponies since.

kingluke:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on November 21, 2023, 12:16:40 PM ---Yes. I sold the majority of my collection including grail ponies and all my Argies. I kept my childhood ponies, my Raincurl and Applejack armies and some other favorites. It was something I had to do and it helped me financially but I regret it, not that I really had a choice. I haven't been able to enjoy ponies since.

--- End quote ---

Same here. I'm sorry you don't enjoy ponies anymore but I do understand. Any way I can help you?

shabbychicdee:
yes, when my kids were little and we were renting small houses and moving a lot, needed both the money and space and there were those times earlier on in collecting when something was in really rough condition i would sell it on  :facepalm:
 this was before I became a pro at restoring and re-hairing and I didn't know you could get nylon doll hair  -_-, I truly regret it now cos somethings I just can't get back because they are so hard to get hold of also its annoying cos of postal inflation, currency and NZ government adding on extra taxes now  on anything coming into the country I just can't comprehend paying so much now  :cry:.  Anyways I just tend to enjoy what I still have now, they have brought me many happy years of collecting in the past.

Flitter:
Yes. I sold my collection except a few ponies several years ago. I had moved into a small apartment at the time and felt I couldn’t enjoy them. Now I have space again I started to miss them. I’m currently rebuilding my g4 brushables collection and almost back to completion. I do feel bad about selling before, especially since I’m paying a lot more to get them back and also some of them have flaws which my originals didn’t. I am liking having them again but feel like my connection isn’t as strong as with my original collection. Maybe that will change with more time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version