collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Music that makes you think of ponies  (Read 318 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Music that makes you think of ponies
« on: July 17, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
I thought this would be a fun idea for a thread, even though it might be a little dorky.  :cool: I seem to remember a similar one on the old Arena, and a person had mentioned that the Beatles song Here Comes The Sun reminded them of pony collecting, mostly in terms of mood and the general positivity in the lyrics.

Then a while ago I made the observation that if you take any love song and replace words like "my baby," "my love," "my darling," etc. with "my pony," then it could be twisted into a song about collecting. Seriously, try it.  :)

The song in my head that made me start thinking this was Somebody's Baby by Jackson Browne. It could very well be turned into a song about finding your grail!

"Well just look at that girl with the lights coming up in her eyes" could be about a Twinkle Eye... Mimic and Bright Eyes are both popular grails. "She's probably somebody's only light, gonna shine tonight" could be a Glow N Show or the TRU Zecora. "Cause when the cars, and the signs, and the streetlights light up the town" reminds me of driving down to Wal Mart after work to go look for Blind Bags. The lines about getting over your fright and going to talk to "her" could be turned into being about saving up all the money you need for your grail and not being afraid to spend it, and then actually talking to another collector to go buy it.

Then of course, it's all because she's got to be somebody's pony.  ^.^ So yay, I finally have a pony theme song! Another thing that makes it extremely fitting is that both My Little Pony and Somebody's Baby came out in 1982.

And yes, yes I know this is really eccentric, but I can't help it. I've been rewriting songs in my head since I was about six years old, so this kind of comes naturally. I've done this for other interests too, and sometimes not even interests but just whatever comes to mind. I was Weird Al before I knew who Weird Al even was. :P

So I'm just kind of wondering if anyone else does anything like this, and maybe if you can share your songs here if you do?

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Music that makes you think of ponies
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:52 PM »
Somerwhere Over The Rainbow sung by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo'ole its the song at the end of 50 First Dates it makes me happy and think happy things  :biggrin: like rainbows and ponies and beer lol

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »
I'm actually writing a song parody to post with my next brag post, but i'm not telling what!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 08:56:54 PM »
I'm actually writing a song parody to post with my next brag post, but i'm not telling what!

Cute! I can't wait to see it! :D

Oh and also, for some reason the restaurant where I work thinks it's cool to play Call Me Maybe like every other hour. I'm serious! I used to LIKE that song but my job totally killed it for me. There was a six or seven-hour shift I worked once where they played Call Me Maybe FOUR TIMES. So in order to deal with it, I joke to my coworkers by turning it into something like this:

Hey I just met you
And yes, I'm crazy.
I'm completely broke
So buy me ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:52:05 AM »
Oh this is a good idea! I will need to have a think because I cant think of any off the top of my head right now.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »
The songs "I'm being followed by a Moonshadow," "Moondance," and "Glory of Love" all make me think of ponies- sort of specific ponies, but the song is stuck in my head for days.

It's so fun that you re-word songs for ponies! I usually sing "I'm a Pony Girl" instead of Barbie Girl, but that's as far as the re-wording goes for me.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:33 AM »
Hehe soppy but it matches her name

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

hehe Bright Eyeeeeeeeeeeeeees burning like fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neBftfMt5xA
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Aeithales

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 12:38:25 PM »
"Nothing is real but the girl" by Blondie. I was listing to it remixed and a few other club hits in late 2003, early 2004 when I started recollecting ponies again. I was in the UK for my MBA, my housemates were away and I had the CD playing while I was cleaning my freshly won lots of TE and BnG's. Nothing Is Real always brings back the happy memories!!

Thank you for my siggie, TwilightWhispers!!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 04:49:22 AM »
I actually have a small playlist on my iTunes of songs with MLP names:-

Some are just there because of the name, but the ones which actually make me think of MLP are Bright Eyes, Paradise, Tiny Bubbles and Up, Up and Away.
I will probably add others gradually, I just think it is cool how it reads like a list of ponies :biggrin:

cleverLC

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »

Cute! I can't wait to see it! :D

Oh and also, for some reason the restaurant where I work thinks it's cool to play Call Me Maybe like every other hour. I'm serious! I used to LIKE that song but my job totally killed it for me. There was a six or seven-hour shift I worked once where they played Call Me Maybe FOUR TIMES. So in order to deal with it, I joke to my coworkers by turning it into something like this:

Hey I just met you
And yes, I'm crazy.
I'm completely broke
So buy me ponies.

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy,
But I'm Han, you're Greedo,
So I'll shoot first, maybe.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »
Hey I just met you
And yes, I'm crazy.
I'm completely broke
So buy me ponies.

Haha, that's awesome. If I just sing those words in my head whenever I hear that song it might make the song more tolerable. ;)

And I love this thread, BTW. I'm much more boring than the rest of you, though. I know there are songs that I have associated with ponies, but I can't remember most of them. I do associate random songs with things all the time, though.

I do often associate "Backstabber" by The Dresden Dolls with ponies, not because the lyrics are relevant but because of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Teob57Kvw There's a part in the middle where there is a line of ponies on the ground to lure Amanda. It makes me gleeful.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »
There's a Christmas song by Steve Green that reminds me of MLP because the melody sounds like the beginning of the G1 MLP theme song.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
Bubble Butt by Major Lazer reminds me of Bubbles :P

spookysage

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »
The pony name songs hanging around my MP3s are Truly by thenewno2 and Twilight by Electric Light Orchestra. Truly (the pony) usually gets Truly (the song) stuck in my head for the rest of the day; I don't know what I'll do if I ever actually own her. ^.^

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
Yeah, some songs are associated with particular ponies in my head.  Gypsy gets two:  "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac, and "Hey Mr. Tamborine Man" by The Byrds.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal