collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! Get Meloetta Via Nintendo Network  (Read 172884 times)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon 20th Anniversary![Get Shaymin in Nintendo Network]
« Reply #1335 on: July 13, 2016, 02:44:44 AM »
:C  Mewtwo's shiny is super ugly though..
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 13, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
On Serebii they mention a shiny Mewtwo that you can get a serial code as a "Play! Pokémon Participation Gift" Anyone know how to do this? xD Or if anyone did get one that theyre willing to part with? Im trying to get a couple for me and some friends. I have no idea what this feature is though lol.

If I understood it right, you had to go participate in an official Video game event before July 10th. By participating, it meant that you would be sent a code sometime... this month? (Don't quote me on that part, I can't remember).

Edit: I found the article on the main Pokemon site:  http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-special-mewtwo-for-play-pokemon-video-game-participants/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:59:00 AM by Kitkumi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #1337 on: July 13, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
The FIRST time you went on a Pokemon journey, who was your very first starter Pokemon?
Squirtle on Leaf Green.  I wasn't allowed to play as a kid, so when I went to college and moved out, I bought it on ebay and picked him.
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #1338 on: July 13, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »
The FIRST time you went on a Pokemon journey, who was your very first starter Pokemon?
Totodile ! :) My very first own (and self-bought) game was Pokemon Gold Edition and I started with the little crocodile <3 Loved him to pieces back then even though I never got to see that he had another evolution after Croconaw lol.
The first ever pokemon game I played was blue or red edition that belonged to a friend. It had Charmander as a starter already when I played it (I didnt even know that you were allowed to pick a pokemon since the game was already started when I got my hands on it XD).

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 13, 2016, 06:20:56 PM »

Charmander, of course :) I had him in Pokemon Red, and my brother had Squirtle in Blue. In addition to the games, my mom would buy me Charmander toys and my brother Squirtle ones. I was going through a huge dragon phase, and Charizard is just too dang cool. I stuck with my loyalty to the Fire starters up until my Pokemon hiatus, which started after the original Ruby. Side note, but in that game I was very disappointed in Torchic's later evolutions - Once I learned how it would look, I refused to evolve it so it could stay cute (and useless) forever. And after that I haven't felt inclined to choose the fire starters, just because they're fire. Now they have to earn it!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #1340 on: July 13, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »
:C  Mewtwo's shiny is super ugly though..

I kinda love it more than normal Mewtwo

On Serebii they mention a shiny Mewtwo that you can get a serial code as a "Play! Pokémon Participation Gift" Anyone know how to do this? xD Or if anyone did get one that theyre willing to part with? Im trying to get a couple for me and some friends. I have no idea what this feature is though lol.

If I understood it right, you had to go participate in an official Video game event before July 10th. By participating, it meant that you would be sent a code sometime... this month? (Don't quote me on that part, I can't remember).

Edit: I found the article on the main Pokemon site:  http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-special-mewtwo-for-play-pokemon-video-game-participants/

Ah thanks :/ I always miss these things lol. Maybe Ill find someone who doesnt want theirs. xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #1341 on: July 14, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »
Aww, I missed shiny Mewtu too -_-
Anybody trading theirs? I still have one Darkrai code to offer :)

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 14, 2016, 02:17:01 PM »
Haha looks like the majority of us started out in Kanto and, unsuprising, water is the most popular starter, hehe.

Let's rollout to question 2! What is your favourite generation of legendaries? Think of the overall that was introduced that generation and not just "well my favourite legendary is A and even though I really hate legendary B and C, I pick region D."

For me, it has to be Gen 2/Johto. There isn't a single legendary I dislike or am meh about. Bird legendaries, good. Beast trio, good. Adorable mythical Pokemon, good. Too many? Nope! But seriously, Ho-oh is definitely up there as one of my favourites, and the legendary beasts are also probably my favourite trio so I can't go wrong here.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 14, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »
Got the Shaymin plush yesterday and trying to resist the pin box... I don't play TCG, but the hedgehog is sooo cute!

My older brother was the first to get a Pokemon game and he had Yellow, so I would borrow it, start a new file with Pikachu and play for maybe half an hour before switching off without saving so that his data would be kept. If I'd had the choice, I would have always picked Bulbasaur, the "spotted green wombat" was always my favourite of the Kanto starters. A couple years later I got Crystal for myself and started out with Cyndaquil. :)

What is your favourite generation of legendaries?

Johto for me too! I consider it happy coincidence that my first (owned) game was Crystal and the Johto region is still my favourite place to be. I adore the mythology of life, death and rebirth present in the legendaries and the way that their stories all intersect in a meaningful manner. Ho-oh and Lugia look spectacular and both have incredible places of residence, and as I was addicted to the anime, Ho-oh has a very special place in my heart as the beginning of a mystery to be unravelled. I adore the roaming trio - Entei is still my #3 favourite Pokemon of all time - it was so much fun to chase Suicune with Eusine and Morty, and studying the map for that little beast icon, flying here, there and everywhere to try and get close enough to go onto their current route. The GSC legendary encounter music still gives me chills to this day. As a kid I never really knew about events and prize Pokemon, but I saw pictures of Celebi and watched 4Ever, and thought it was extremely cute and had a fascinating power, despite the heavy eyeliner. :P Overall a really really good generation, small legendary pool, excellent worldbuilding and interaction with the player.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: July 14, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »
My favorite generation of Legendaries is definitely the Crystal/Gold/Silver era.

Firstly, I love the 3 legendary cats. Or are they dogs? I'm thinking cats. Lion for Entei, Panther for Suicune, and Tiger for Raikou. Though Suicune actually looks more like a dog than the other two than a cat, so it gets rather confusing.   Pokemon the 3rd movie was a favorite of mine so I really like Entei.
Lugia is a really awesome Legendary too. Very pretty dragon Pokemon.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:41:53 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 15, 2016, 10:17:48 PM »
I have a predicament. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are on sale this week for $30 (normally $45 in Canada). I haven't broken down and gotten a Hoenn remake yet because I didn't think it was really worth upgrading from Emerald; I got the vibe from people that it wasn't significantly better/different than the GBA ones (compared to HG/SS). I do have a TRU  gift card that has been sitting in my wallet for almost two years I really have to use (the sale is elsewhere, but I plan on price matching), but I don't know if I should save it for Sun/Moon instead...or Mario Maker, I don't know why I still don't have it.

Anyway, moving to questions. I'm clearly not alone in loving Johto legendaries, I really think it was the most well rounded group. Not too many, they all play off each other, and they aren't deities that created the world/region, so much as just powerful Pokemon.

If you were to join an evil team, which one would it be?

This one would be a toss up between good ol' Team Rocket or Team Plasma for me. I really liked the concept of Team Plasma, a team that made you question your morals was a nice change from 'let's take over the world', but the execution in game just ruined it. That's why I think I'm leaning towards Rocket, not only are they the nostalgic team, but I like the simpler 'we just want to be rich and take over the world' (no stupid cult and resetting the world because it's not beautiful enough  :pout:), and they're not going to awaken some god-like Pokemon to do it, they're going to CREATE it. I don't like Mewtwo, I never liked Mewtwo, but I love it's backstory and concept. Even in Gen 2, when the inclusion of TR seemed forced and badly paced, the motive was neat.

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 16, 2016, 12:53:50 AM »
Dunno who told you that ORAS is basically the same as RSE..... they're SUPER different. Expanded after-story, revamp of Contests, Latios and Latias become part of the story, the PokeNav had a major overhaul, the gym leaders have updated looks, more detailed badges, and their pokemon have more variance in moves, the Secret Base system has a real purpose and goal now..... The game has a LOT more in it. Trust me, it's a good investment, and this is coming from someone whose first pokemon game was Ruby. I played Gen III like, seven times, and I was still engaged and delighted when I played Alpha Sapphire. Seeing Hoenn from a new angle, with more detail, interacting with more of it... it was amazing.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 16, 2016, 07:31:12 AM »
I guess I just heard a lot more opinions of people who didn't enjoy it? Secret bases were what I was most excited about, but when the game was released, I never heard ANYONE mention it. Soaring is also something that seems really fun and I've been wanting since I first got HM 01, but I don't like the Latis and don't appreciate being forced to keep them on the team so I can soar.  -_-

It's nice to hear something positive though. I'll think it over today if I want to squeeze in another Pokemon game before Gen 7 is out.

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 16, 2016, 08:49:49 AM »
They don't need to be on your team to soar (or even in your game. I stuffed mine in pokemon bank :x)
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: July 16, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
They don't need to be on your team to soar (or even in your game. I stuffed mine in pokemon bank :x)

:blush: I didn't know that. That is good to know, if only HMs worked the same way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal