collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! Get Meloetta Via Nintendo Network  (Read 172884 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Pokemon 20th Anniversary! [Catch Celebi Now!]
« Reply #555 on: March 06, 2016, 02:02:57 AM »
Lol I just came back from a fleamarket (well indeed it was that one our local elementary school hosts once a year, they sell mosty kids clothes but a few toys too) and I found something Pokemon lol. Its a book for young readers with the story of blue / red edition <3 lol, too cute!

Btw, did somebody here download the blue/red/yellow edition at the Nintendo E Shop? I first hesitated but my husband bought me an E Shop card for it <3 I downloaded blue and yellow edition, playing the blue one atm! Its sooo cool, I really enjoy it!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 06, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »
Looking at the cards brings me back to grade school :) Grade 7 in particular but I cant remember when they started with the cards--it may have been a year before that. I remember Base and Jungle set clearly.  My brother and I...I think went up to team rocket before loosing interest? Maybe the one after that?

I remember he ended up getting a happy birthday Pikachu card in the mail though--that was cool.  And do you guys remember the mewtwo card you got when going to see pokemon 2000 (I think it was pokemone 2000?) in theatres?  We were in line for the first opening of the show..I remember trying to decode the card.

Welp, looks like im going to bring my team back in to kick some butt.  Thats going to be fun >>  Maybe ill mix it up a bit. Do I need rayquazza in party at the spot where you caught it? Or will Deoxys just appear?

How goes the shiny hunting?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 06, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
My friend found the Celebi pin box at Walamrt, so she picked one up for me today! Now I just need to find the metallic figure!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #558 on: March 06, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
Was it a mewtwo card that came with the movie? I thought it was Mew, unless I'm confusing it with something else. Was there a card released with the first movie too?
Either way I used to have two of the mew cards, but I gave one to my brother and the other I lost. Don't know if he still has it or any of his cards anymore.

I still have all of my pokemon cards. I was really close with my neighbors son before they moved and his older brother gave me a set of japanese cards (that are authentic as far as I'm aware, at least I hope so). A lot of originals, a few first editions too! I also have some bootlegs mixed in form a fake set I bought but I can't really pick out the fakes aside form maybe two cards. I have a fake foil exeggutor that claims it evolves form a chikorita or something  :lol:
I'd still collect pokemon cards if I had enough of an excuse to but I just don't. I collected the pony trading cards to fill that little hole but they don't really make them now.
I'll probably never sell my pokemon cards though  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 06, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »
Lol I just came back from a fleamarket (well indeed it was that one our local elementary school hosts once a year, they sell mosty kids clothes but a few toys too) and I found something Pokemon lol. Its a book for young readers with the story of blue / red edition <3 lol, too cute!

Btw, did somebody here download the blue/red/yellow edition at the Nintendo E Shop? I first hesitated but my husband bought me an E Shop card for it <3 I downloaded blue and yellow edition, playing the blue one atm! Its sooo cool, I really enjoy it!
I picked up blue! But I haven't had time to play it yet
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 06, 2016, 04:57:11 PM »
I believe the card was a Mew, my brother and I got those from the theater as well. I still have mine, but my fiance likes cards (he plays Magic mostly) and he liked the ancient rune-y Mew one, so I gave it to him. I also had a killer water deck that always beat my brother, which was a big deal to me because I never ever beat him in games, lol. But it's been so long since I've really done anything with those cards.

I can't believe it's been 20 years that Pokemon's been out! I remember when it was new and everyone was obsessed with it. I've recently gotten back into collecting Pokemon merch on a whim. And I found a lot of my childhood collections - we had a lot of pretty cool stuff from my family in Japan. We even went to the Pokemon Center in Osaka in 2001, so I have all kinds of plush from there. When I was looking up some of these items, I found out that two plush in particular are very sought after! They're PlushPlush, if that means anything to anyone - Chikorita and Wobbuffet :) Chikorita was mine, and Wobbuffet was my brother's until he lost interest and gave it to me. It took me months to get used to the fact that this hulky Bulkarita I had for years is considered super rare, haha. Now I'm hunting down this other type of plush I got in Osaka, "kutakutas". They're little terrycloth beanies, and I think they're the predecessors to the current Kuttari plush. But they're cute, I had Squirtle, Togepi, Totodile, and Pichu.

I recently got Omega Ruby from my brother, working on the Delta part. But I've never seen a shiny, so I'm pretty mad jealous of those of you that have found multiples! I think the only shiny I had ever was a lame tentacool in the original Ruby, and I guess he was lost in the passage of time. But these new games are way too cool. I hadn't played any Pokemon games for 13 years, but on the same random whim I picked up my old Ruby game...then I got White, then Y and now OR...So I flew through 13 years of Pokemon in like, four months lol. And the new ones are so cool, haha.

My fiance and I kinda cheated with the Mew cards. We got like, 8 of them, and I was going to restart my Y game so he could give it a run through...so we kept on getting the Mews and wiping the game until we used up all the cards. But to my credit, I didn't know that you could reset the nature until I was down to my last card. I just wanted a modest or timid Mew, lol. I guess we could still cheat with the other legendaries, but I don't even know any of them after Celebi. Mew was the only one that I really know or cared about.

Okay wow, this was kind of a ramble, lol. I hope it didn't veer too off topic! I didn't collect ponies as a kid so I don't really share in nostalgia here often, but I was totally into Pokemon.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 06, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »
The first Pokemon movie in theatres had four cards: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Electabuzz(?), and Dragonite. Heh I remember going to see the movie first thing that Saturday morning and they ALREADY had ran out of cards the day before. IIRC, for the home release, it came with a different Mewtwo card.

The Ancient Mew card was given out for the 2nd movie, Pokemon 2000. It's one of my favorite pokemon cards of all, especially with how shiny/holographic it was. I wanna say for the home release for that movie, you got a Lugia or one of the Legendary Birds cards. *goes to look online*

What I love is how you can now get those movie/promo cards for a good price on eBay nowadays. I had bought an Ancient Mew card that had minor bending damage for $3 some months back.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #562 on: March 06, 2016, 06:05:46 PM »
Ah okay! I was just a youngin' so I don't have any memories of back then really. I do have the original mewtwo promo card from the first movie still!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #563 on: March 06, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
Man, I just realized I slept almost exactly 12 hours, so I forgot to take a picture of my cards! Last night at work was absolutely exhausting....so many weird dreams! I had a dream I found a red gyarados plush keychain at hot topic. xD

As soon as I came into work just now, I looked for the celebi box and realized he won't be here for another two days LOL.

When I saw Pokemon the first movie in theaters I got a Dragonite card with a messenger bag! I was happy because the dratini line are my favorite Pokemon ever next to eevee. I still have it too! I have the movie pikachu card somewhere too! I still have my ancient new card from Pokemon 2000 and the mewtwo promo that came with my first movie DVD.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:04:01 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
Yay! I'm glad to know you liked all the candy and that celebi made it okay! :hug: I'm always glad to help out arena people! All of the candy except the wonka ones are from Japan!

Let me know what sticker you got in the Pokemon Lotte and I want to see what Pokemon Center charms you got! xD

(I was offline for a day and the thread took off again XD )
Here are the charms I got from the Pokemon Center, and some that also came in yesterday that I had ordered a few weeks ago (they are so cool!) And the sticker I got from the Lotte was Froakie :D

@Pikashoes - Those cards are BEAUTIFUL! Also congrats on your Gyarados pull

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 06, 2016, 08:32:24 PM »
GA-A-ASP.
I adore those charms! Especially the Garchomp and Noivern family sets.
(I have an addiction to Dragon types!)
I actually have Garchomp's, as well as Venusaur and Houndoom.

I'd love to own more though, like Goodra or Sceptile...
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 06, 2016, 09:05:57 PM »
GA-A-ASP.
I adore those charms! Especially the Garchomp and Noivern family sets.
(I have an addiction to Dragon types!)
I actually have Garchomp's, as well as Venusaur and Houndoom.

I'd love to own more though, like Goodra or Sceptile...

I am in LOVE with the Pokemon charms, and I wish that the US online store carried more (the Eevee family set is to die for; they are soooo pretty). I would love to own more of the legendary ones (the birds and Lugia specifically. Drool worthy lol). I wasn't sure how much I was going to love Noivern when I ordered it, but it looks soooo much better in real life than pictures show.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2016, 10:11:05 PM »
OMG those charms are adorable! I've been trying so hard to resist those, I absolutely love the gyarados, garchomp, and gardevior sets!!!!! :inlove: I've been hardcore eyeballing the ones in Japan from the Pokemon centers, especially the red gyarados and charizard chu!

I've been trying to not buy so many of the pins even, but I had to have the gyarados, black rayquaza, and dragonite ones as well as the LE ones!

EDIT: oh dear, I shouldn't have stumbled on pokemoncenters website. I saw magikarp socks, celebi pokedoll, ooooh dear I need a straightjacket, my laptop phone tablet and anything else that can connect to PayPal locked away oh yes and my debit/credit cards broken in block of ice. LOOK AT ALL THE KUTTARI AND CHU PLUSH OMG.

Wait....so Pokemon Center is having a monthly event pokedoll too.....OMG why Pokemon why are you doing this ta me!? xD Gotta have those too, adding them to my cart.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:26:17 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2016, 10:15:25 PM »
Oh how cute, I love the charms!! :D

(Lol, if things like that were available here, Id be broke already XD)

I picked up blue! But I haven't had time to play it yet

Yay, thats super cool :D have fun playing!!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 07, 2016, 03:07:39 AM »
I am in LOVE with the Pokemon charms, and I wish that the US online store carried more (the Eevee family set is to die for; they are soooo pretty). I would love to own more of the legendary ones (the birds and Lugia specifically. Drool worthy lol). I wasn't sure how much I was going to love Noivern when I ordered it, but it looks soooo much better in real life than pictures show.

Wait.

There. Are. Eeveelution charms?!?!

WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal